This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    ...And quite frankly I'm expecting CJ to feast on open shots this season.
    I'm almost salivating thinking about it.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Not sure how Lebron is the MVP fave with his team not projected to be all that good. Unless they think he can duplicate Westbrook's triple-double season(s)? Same goes for Davis.
      Some say that Russ and Harden have stolen Lebron's MVPs the last couple of years and he's now due for another. So if you take stats out of the equation.. Lebron is pretty much a lock unless the Lakers can't get to the playoffs.

If the Lakers fail to make the playoffs the MVP race will be up in the air.

Comment

Harden just won it. My money would be on swinging it back to GS, or whoever is #1 in the East.
        Yes but if L.A can secure a top 3 in the West, its a feel good story for the NBA to give Lebron (their most marketable star) the nod. MVP is by in large a popularity contest.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Yes but if L.A can secure a top 3 in the West, its a feel good story for the NBA to give Lebron (their most marketable star) the nod. MVP is by in large a popularity contest.
          If top 3 I can accept that.

Comment

• hypothetical.... if you keep kawhi... do you not retain delon. Additionally if you keep kawhi and lets say someone such as Giannis comes.... do you keep OG like how does Giannis OG and Kawhi fit? Who plays what position.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              hypothetical.... if you keep kawhi... do you not retain delon. Additionally if you keep kawhi and lets say someone such as Giannis comes.... do you keep OG like how does Giannis OG and Kawhi fit? Who plays what position.
              Giannis, Kawhi and OG fit fine together. Even better if Giannis learns to shoot.

Giannis starts at PF, OG at SF and Kawhi at SG.

Don't see the issue with keeping Delon, who's a natural PG.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

hypothetical.... if you keep kawhi... do you not retain delon. Additionally if you keep kawhi and lets say someone such as Giannis comes.... do you keep OG like how does Giannis OG and Kawhi fit? Who plays what position.
                You keep Delon pending how far FVV & Delon get better , the salary you can retain him for, the ability to shed other contracts like Ibaka & Norm. In short Delon Wright for the right price (heh) is an important player to have.

Now you are asking if we keep Kawhi and Giannis come.. oh boy that is beyond hypothetical its like asking what would you do if you won millions in the lottery?! These are the kind of problems you only wish to have. I think the future of positionless basketball and the ability to play multiple positions, OG is the kind of player (still on a rookie contract!) where you absolutely shouldn't move if you already have the luxery of Kawhi & Giannis. After all Kawhi can play the 2 & 3, OG can play 3 & 4 and Giannis the 4 & 5.

Comment

Not sure how Lebron is the MVP fave with his team not projected to be all that good. Unless they think he can duplicate Westbrook's triple-double season(s)? Same goes for Davis.
                  They can project all they want. I'll believe a lebron team misses the playoffs when I see it.

And if Westbrook got mvp for dragging the post kd thunder carcasses to like 6th seed, lebron could or should get the same treatment if he does something similar
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    They can project all they want. I'll believe a lebron team misses the playoffs when I see it.

And if Westbrook got mvp for dragging the post kd thunder carcasses to like 6th seed, lebron could or should get the same treatment if he does something similar
                    Maybe it's a new era for MVP, but I'd really prefer if they stuck with the tradition of at least leaning towards the best player on the best team.

I.e. Westbrook winning was (hopefully) an anomaly.

Comment

Maybe it's a new era for MVP, but I'd really prefer if they stuck with the tradition of at least leaning towards the best player on the best team.

I.e. Westbrook winning was (hopefully) an anomaly.
                      Best player on best team is way too simplistic and it completely ignores the supporting cast, who are already ignored by media, fans, and now salary cap crunch.

Most Valuable Player = Who is MOST. VALUABLE. to their team in that given season. If you take a team from 14th to 5th basically by yourself, you're pretty damn valuable. We make this thing way too complicated every year

Comment

Westbrook got it for averaging a triple double, which is kind of dumb. Harden deserved it that year.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Westbrook got it for averaging a triple double, which is kind of dumb. Harden deserved it that year.

Meh, it was pretty close for me. Both men made their teams like 20 wins better

I just looked up 3rd place that year, with 9 first place votes himself. Highest win share in the NBA over both those guys. MUCH Higher shooting % from all ranges.

He's on our team.

Comment

You can play all three as WCJ mentioned.. but Delon is interesting because if we extend him or resign him.. we could be eating into the precious cap space that we would want in 2021 to grab Giannis (or 2020 if our goal is Anthony Davis or someone like Jamal Murray who'll be an RFA).

Of course we can always trade him for cap relief in a year or two when we need it (which is easier said than done).. but looking outward to 1 or 2 years from now is something that I'm sure Masai and Bobby will be playing close attention to.

Comment

Best player on best team is way too simplistic and it completely ignores the supporting cast, who are already ignored by media, fans, and now salary cap crunch.

Most Valuable Player = Who is MOST. VALUABLE. to their team in that given season. If you take a team from 14th to 5th basically by yourself, you're pretty damn valuable. We make this thing way too complicated every year
                              Best player on best team is actually simpler, if that’s what you’re after. I’m just lobbying for voting to lean in that direction, which it almost always does anyway.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                You can play all three as WCJ mentioned.. but Delon is interesting because if we extend him or resign him.. we could be eating into the precious cap space that we would want in 2021 to grab Giannis (or 2020 if our goal is Anthony Davis or someone like Jamal Murray who'll be an RFA).

Of course we can always trade him for cap relief in a year or two when we need it (which is easier said than done).. but looking outward to 1 or 2 years from now is something that I'm sure Masai and Bobby will be playing close attention to.
                                Assuming we hold onto Siakam's RFA rights, we currently have 16M we can spend on other pieces and still have OG, Powell, Siakam's rights, Leonard at the max and room for one other max guy in 2020.

How we spend that 16M is yet to be decided, but some of it could go to Wright.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X