Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we somehow manage to get Kawhi without DeMar or Kyle outgoing, the follow up move is to call up the Wolves and offer DeMar plus stuff for Butler and Dieng.

But that’s silly. We can’t get Kawhi without DeMar.

Still! Fun to dream about...
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Our offer is the best because everyone is scared he will walk after one season. Boston and Philly don't wanna risk their future on a 1 year rental. Next year is our best chance at making the Finals in franchise history, it makes a lot more sense for us to take the risk, losing him in a year just speeds up the tank/rebuild since we've dumped Derozans salary already.

If Masai works his magic and Kawhi stays, we finally have our Superstar and Masai goes to work building around Kawhi and we all rejoice for years to come.
      The bold is what it comes down to and why you might not have to give up OG.

Philly, for all the talk, would have a really hard time making a deal work. How much does San Antonio value Fultz, who needs to prove big time that he isn't physically/mentally broken? And how big a mistake would it be for Philly if he wasn't, and Kawhi walks? If Fultz is the real deal, Philly should want to keep him long-term over making the gamble. They're weakest in the backcourt, and Fultz is a great complement to Simmons/Embiid if his shooting isn't fucked forever. I can't see the Spurs wanting Fultz without seeing him play, and I can't see Philly offering him if he starts playing well with Leonard being a free agent. Any deal without one of Fultz, Simmons or Embiid (and the latter 2 are not getting traded) just isn't that good. DeMar plus pieces can beat a Saric/Covington kind of deal. We can give them 1 or 2 young pieces, an established all-star, and a pick.

Boston is in too good a position to take the risk. Tatum and Brown are both too good as prospects to risk losing one. They also would pretty much have to trade a big contract. Horford is basically impossible for Boston to trade, because they'd have so little talent at the big spots if he was. Hayward has no value coming off that injury so the Spurs would need to see him play. Irving is also coming off an injury and can opt out for a new contract after next season, and probably will unless he spends most of next season injured, so the Spurs might not be too interested in that idea. Boston's better off trying to keep the gang together next year and see if they can threaten for a ring. Maybe they can try building a mid-season trade around Hayward if he's healthy and playing well enough, but by then it might be too late.

So while I don't know what Toronto's chances are, they are in a decent position in terms of being willing/able to give up talent without hurting themselves too much, and possibly being able to outbid teams that are unlikely to want to take the risk. Spurs would have a hard time getting a better established star from Philly or Boston, and we can sweeten it with a couple of young pieces who we can afford to part with, where obviously the favoured deal would be giving up Wright and/or Poeltl. The Spurs could use a young guard (Murray is still quite raw offensively, and with both being tall they could play him and Wright together) and Poeltl would become their best young big prospect. I don't know if Spurs would be ok with that deal. They might settle for it if we add a 1st rounder, which would be a pick in the 20s.

The biggest wildcard to me is some random young team like Orlando, Sacto, PHX or some shit. If some such team comes in willing to give up 2-3 prospects and 2-3 picks even for the risk of just a 1-year rental, Spurs would probably do it, and might like the big "fuck you" to Kawhi of sending him to a shit team/market for a year.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jul 11, 2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• demar deleted all his insta pics

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Toss in Pau and it works. I'd take that deal. Rather swap OG for a different player on a rookie deal but I wouldn't blow up the deal over it. I'd assume we get their 2020 1st as extra compensation for including OG. Spurs might be kinda shitty in 2020 so could be a decent pick.

Kawhi and OG play the same position so I can see why Spurs want him in the deal and why we'd be willing to let him go. Just gotta convince Kawhi to stay and we're golden.

Seems like the trade market for Kawhi is extremely depressed because no one wants to risk him only staying a year. I think we should totally take that risk. Gives us a great shot at the Finals next year (and being somewhat competitive in the Finals). If Kawhi bolts after 1 year we trade Lowry and the rebuild is on.
          Lets look at that market:
          -LA? Why should they iff they feel he will join them for free (carefull with that thinking-see P George);
          -Lottery teams (somebody mentioned Orl, Phoe, Sac)? What are chances Leonard would stay next year? It appears he wants LA (or maybe winning, something we can give him but lotery teams would not);
          -Hou & GS -likely tapped out;
          -Boston? Interesting. How can they send 20+ mil without Horford (would you take him if you are Pop & rebuilding?) or 1 of Hayward (expensive & coming off major injury) or Irving (again major injury). It appears Brown & Tatum are off the table (or else deal likely done by now); T Rozier would be nice, but what else in $$$? IMO, Danny feels that even with Leonard -not going to beat GS this year, so whats the point? Might as well give it another year or 2 for Young ones to further develop.
          -76ers: If no Fultz (Embiid & Simmons are def not going anywhere) then what?

IMO, Western teams will be unlikely to trade for a 1 year rental since GS are almost shoe in to go to final, so why waste assetts for a 1 year rental. At least in East, any of 3 teams (Raps, Bos & 76ers) with Leonard would be favoured to go to final (then go home) & hence maybe worth the risk.

Can Det or Wash step in? Wash certainly have assetts (Beal and/or ???) & are solid team who would chalenge in the East with Leonard.
          In the end perhaps Masai takes the risk & be happy with going to finals, something IMO Boston would not be satisfied with.

white men can't jump covered a lot of above info.
          Last edited by Mapko; Thu Jul 12, 2018, 01:02 AM. Reason: Additinal info

Comment

• Guys which is better for us?

Lowry + Jakob + OG + 2019 SECOND
            For Leonard and Gosal

Wright - VanVleet
            DeRozan - Miles
            Kawhi - FA?
            Siakam - Ibaka
            Valanciunas - Gosal

Or

OG + Siakam + Delon + Powell + CJM +2020 FIRST (LOTTO PROTECTED)
            For
            Kawhi Leonard + Danny Green + cash

Lowry - VanVleet
            DeRozan - Green
            Kawhi - FA?
            Ibaka - FA?
            Valanciunas - Jakob
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              Guys which is better for us?

For Leonard and Gosal

Wright - VanVleet
              DeRozan - Miles
              Kawhi - FA?
              Siakam - Ibaka
              Valanciunas - Gosal

Or

For

Lowry - VanVleet
              DeRozan - Green
              Kawhi - FA?
              Ibaka - FA?
              Valanciunas - Jakob
              This is exactly the problem with not trading DeMar in a Kawhi trade.

You end up gutting the Raptors if Kawhi doesn't stay. Trading DeMar avoids that issue.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

You end up gutting the Raptors if Kawhi doesn't stay. Trading DeMar avoids that issue.
                Yeah, both those trades are pretty bad for us. Demar + Wright or Poeltl for Kawhi and Gasol sounds a lot better.

Comment

Guys which is better for us?

For Leonard and Gosal

Wright - VanVleet
                  DeRozan - Miles
                  Kawhi - FA?
                  Siakam - Ibaka
                  Valanciunas - Gosal

Or

For

Lowry - VanVleet
                  DeRozan - Green
                  Kawhi - FA?
                  Ibaka - FA?
                  Valanciunas - Jakob
                  Neither imo. Don't gut the team, its a rental. I'd say Star (DD) + prospect (poeltl) + pick, and no OG. With Gasol or Mills coming back too. If there was something better out there for the spurs it probably would have happened already by now.

Lowry/FVV
                  Wright/Powell
                  Leonard/Miles
                  OG/Siakam/Ibaka
                  JV/Gasol

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Kawhi and Demar are like the perfect fit next to each other.
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Kawhi and Demar are like the perfect fit next to each other.
                      Two 30% usage wings are perfect fits next to each other? How?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sources: Those with no direct or even indirect knowledge of the situation and who have asked not to be identified to protect their annonimity have reported that Masai Ujiri has reached out to Bruce Linton to act as a back channel to feel out Kawahis intention to perhaps stay longer term.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Sources: Those with no direct or even indirect knowledge of the situation and who have asked not to be identified to protect their annonimity have reported that Masai Ujiri has reached out to Bruce Linton to act as a back channel to feel out Kawahis intention to perhaps stay longer term.
                          I give this one a solid B for decent snark using an obscure reference.....

Comment

• I think I’d rather see Lowry go out in a Kawhi trade.... if possible. DeMar needs shooters around him and Kawhi brings that, along with Freddie, and OG (unless he’s outbound). Start Serg with those guys and you have a pretty good starting lineup.

Out Kyle, Delon, Siakam, picks. I hate to lose those guys

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Two 30% usage wings are perfect fits next to each other? How?
                              When you’re a huge fan of Derozan, thats how.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                I think I’d rather see Lowry go out in a Kawhi trade.... if possible. DeMar needs shooters around him and Kawhi brings that, along with Freddie, and OG (unless he’s outbound). Start Serg with those guys and you have a pretty good starting lineup.

Out Kyle, Delon, Siakam, picks. I hate to lose those guys
                                So, the plan is to use Kawhi as a floor spacer and run the offence through DD? Seems like a waste of Kawhi, to me.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X