Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see how any of the non-DeMar packages discussed here would be something that separates Toronto from other bidders, which is the one thing Windhorst has been clear on. Ibaka/OG/pick or even JV/OG/pick (etc etc) are offers that definitively put Toronto in the driver's seat? The other offers must be shite. Maybe they are.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      He's definitely hinting at it, but more importantly, Masai is in Africa with Obama while negotiating.
      Get Obama on the phone with pop. He'll start stammering like a love struck school girl and we'll get Kawhi for alfonzo brown and an autographed presidential picture
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I don't see how any of the non-DeMar packages discussed here would be something that separates Toronto from other bidders, which is the one thing Windhorst has been clear on. Ibaka/OG/pick or even JV/OG/pick (etc etc) are offers that definitively put Toronto in the driver's seat? The other offers must be shite. Maybe they are.
        This is important too. Windhorst's words were 'compelling offer'. Meaning it fits the Spurs profile(Star, Prospect, pick).
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Spurs want an all-star, prospect and pick for Kawhi.. that's their asking price. Could be rich, but that's where the DD speculation begins (for me anyway).

DD+Poeltl+2019 pick.

Windhorst said OG has to be included.. implying that's the prospect they desire.

Comment

• My notes on that Windhorst interview

- The teams that initially had interest in Kawhi have not been willing to pay the price (premium young prospects) for him.
            - Lakers (Ingram), Celtics (J-Brown), Sixers (Fultz) are the teams (and players being referenced)
            - Raptors are willing to deal anyone on their roster
            - Have a shorter timeline, more willing to deal, see current east window as an open one
            - Raptors have made an offer to the Spurs, most compelling offer the Spurs have right now
            - Raptors are only team actively in discussions
            - Wasn't willing to say any names (said if you're a Raptors fan you have a good idea of what the offer would have to be)
            - Don't know Kawhi's intentions if he was traded somewhere other than LA
            - Kawhi still hasn't received super-max offer from Spurs
            - Raptors would love iron-clad answers on Kawhi's relationship with Spurs, health, etc, but won't get it
            - Kawhi would be the best player to ever play for the Raptors, have to take some risk to get that guy
            - "Who's to say that he won't fall in love with Toronto?"
            - This may be the moment, that's what Masai/Webster are thinking about (chance to get a superstar)
            - To win a championship, have to upgrade in talent
            - Host suggests that Raptors might be last man standing, which could also be why deal doesn't happen, Raps won't raise offer to what Spurs want potentially
            - "Raptors are deep in this thing"
            - Deal isn't sitting on the table right now, Spurs have control
            - Spurs made it clear that Kawhi was cleared to play, Kawhi's doctors said the opposite.
            - Kawhi saw Isaiah Thomas situation, didn't want to lose 100M dollars. Spurs players took potshots at him in media
            - He respects teams with "cojones", believes aggressive teams might be the ones to win
            - Ujiri has capital, if he goes "all in" and it doesn't work it, people won't call for his head
            - Windhorst says Raptors star players are aging

Not sure what to make of it in terms of who's in the deal. The quote about Raptors fans having an idea of who'd be in makes me think DeMar would be in it. But then later he talks about the Raptors' stars aging, which sounds more like adding Kawhi to them to give them a shot at winning.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              This is important too. Windhorst's words were 'compelling offer'. Meaning it fits the Spurs profile(Star, Prospect, pick).
              I don't disagree. If I had to guess we have tabled something like demar/poeltl/2nd or protected 1st. Spurs want OG or at the very least maybe siakam

Comment

• Watch us win the trade with Powell+Miles and our 2019 second rounder.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Watch us win the trade with Powell+Miles and our 2019 second rounder.
                  Lol I think I suggested that a day or two ago. And that it would be the miracle that the first church of Masai is founded on. Screw resurrection, this would be way more impressive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Personally I want it to be poeltl just so bargnani got us poeltl who got us Kawhi who got us a championship. The primo pasta prophecy.

And then of course, colangelo will then get the credit from a small cult of followers. Find a new slant.

Comment

• I see some saying the Spurs want an all star, prospect, and a pick.

But woj said an all-star, prospects and picks and Stein insinuated that as well.

So if it's DD+ OG, who else would you guys let go and how many picks?!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Spurs want an all-star, prospect and pick for Kawhi.. that's their asking price. Could be rich, but that's where the DD speculation begins (for me anyway).

DD+Poeltl+2019 pick.

Windhorst said OG has to be included.. implying that's the prospect they desire.
                        I’d be very happy if the trade was Demar + Poeltl + pick.
                        As others have speculated, that’s perhaps the holdup. We want Derozan, Poeltl, Pick, the spurs want Derozan, OG, and Pick.

Comment

• Hey.. Lorenzo Brown is apparently on the verge of returning to the Raptors on a one year deal.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Hey.. Lorenzo Brown is apparently on the verge of returning to the Raptors on a one year deal.
                            It's done, I think. Which is a little interesting too. I like Lorenzo, but he's the 4th PG and the signing makes more sense if it's a precursor to a bench PG being traded.(Delon?)
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              I’d be very happy if the trade was Demar + Poeltl + pick.
                              As others have speculated, that’s perhaps the holdup. We want Derozan, Poeltl, Pick, the spurs want Derozan, OG, and Pick.
                              Yeah, and this is where if I'm the Raptors I'm more willing to give up quantity than quality. Like, Poeltl and Wright and our pick, rather than OG. But who knows if that interests the Spurs.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Time will tell. If this a fizzles it will suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X