Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be embarrassing and awkward when DD has to stay after KL fails the physical.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      I like the trade, even if we did Demar dirty (I feel sad, but there was no happy ending with him here).

3 possible scenarios barring KL passes the physical. All scenarios are good:

Best Case / Impossible
      He resigns with us as Raptors can give him the most money.

2nd Best Case
      We flip him to the Lakers or Clippers in a few months and get a decent haul. I'm not asking for much, maybe Kuzma, Ball + a few picks. I might be in the minority, but Ball is an asset even though his dad is an ass.

Worse Case (not even that bad)
      He doesn't resign and we can finally rebuild.
      I highly doubt that Lakers will give up Kuzma, Ball + a few picks. Pretty sure that they weren't even gonna offer this in this offseason. We would be lucky to get Kuzma or Ball.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        I like the trade, even if we did Demar dirty (I feel sad, but there was no happy ending with him here).

3 possible scenarios barring KL passes the physical. All scenarios are good:

Best Case / Impossible
        He resigns with us as Raptors can give him the most money.

2nd Best Case
        We flip him to the Lakers or Clippers in a few months and get a decent haul. I'm not asking for much, maybe Kuzma, Ball + a few picks. I might be in the minority, but Ball is an asset even though his dad is an ass.

Worse Case (not even that bad)
        He doesn't resign and we can finally rebuild.
        I actually think your best case is more likely than your second best case.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Are you serious. Was there outrage from players against BOS when they flipped Thomas? Cause if there wasn't, that's just plain stupid.

Comment

• Someone needs to check up on Christian. He's on suicide watch.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Great thing about picking up Kawhi is with his play he'll get to see Toronto in June
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                Are you serious. Was there outrage from players against BOS when they flipped Thomas? Cause if there wasn't, that's just plain stupid.
                The entire front page of reddit nba is tweets from players and media members saying how mean and dirty Toronto is
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Over our team history we've always been about as loyal as any team could be, and it's got us absolutely nowhere as a free agent destination. Because in this era, players don't really care about loyalty. They care about money and winning. If you aren't selling free agents on those two things, but instead are trying to appeal on how nice the people in your organization are, you simply aren't speaking their language.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Over our team history we've always been about as loyal as any team could be, and it's got us absolutely nowhere as a free agent destination. Because in this era, players don't really care about loyalty. They care about money and winning. If you aren't selling free agents on those two things, but instead are trying to appeal on how nice the people in your organization are, you simply aren't speaking their language.
                    I don't know actually .. I definitely see what you're saying, but I also think a big part of Lebron going to the Lakers was seeing how they treated Kobe in his later years (and how they continue to treat all of their past greats). The Lakers are notoriously loyal to their own, and I think players notice that, and respect it.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      And we were constantly ridiculed. Kyle and demar were ridiculed. Choke artists, fake all stars, 2nd rate team. Boston and philly have passed you

Now today its "awww man local legend and basketball great demar derozan got done dirty"

Fuck off

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I don't know actually .. I definitely see what you're saying, but I also think a big part of Lebron going to the Lakers was seeing how they treated Kobe in his later years (and how they continue to treat all of their past greats). The Lakers are notoriously loyal to their own, and I think players notice that, and respect it.
                        Players notice the 14 rings a lot more

Utah jazz are pretty loyal too

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          And we were constantly ridiculed. Kyle and demar were ridiculed. Choke artists, fake all stars, 2nd rate team. Boston and philly have passed you

Now today its "awww man local legend and basketball great demar derozan got done dirty"

Fuck off
                          Yes, please get the fuck out.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Lebron is doing it for his kids. I think that was the major reason as to why he signed with LA.

Comment

• I find it kind of weird that people/players are surprised at DeMar's trade. The core we were using never played great in the playoffs, despite continued success in the regular season. Casey got fired, and there was a constant feeling that more changes were about to be made. Something was bound to happen if the opportunity presented itself.

Then there's the whole "He was so loyal and gave everything to the city!". Unfortunately that type of loyalty from a player like him comes with a price. Even with a paycut, having DeMar's payroll on your books is still going to be a heavy weight. And if the amount of money your shelling out on a player doesn't produce the success you were hoping for it would be logical to start looking for a change.

If a "loyal" player is someone like Udonis Haslem who your organization isn't dependent on, then sure, it doesn't hurt to keep them around as a backup or third stringer, and they won't be unhappy. But constantly keeping a player around as a focal point that just isn't working isn't a good idea at all. I get that he's Mr Toronto, I absolutely loved that he didn't buy in to the dumb idea that Toronto is a bad place to play. It just wouldn't be worth it for Masai to keep him as one of the main pillars of the core out of loyalty if it wasn't producing anything.

I should probably post this on reddit where people are extremely emotional about Masai "stabbing DeMar in the back" but I already typed this up and I'm gonna hit post
                              OG is our king

Comment

Yes, please get the fuck out.
                                The narrative is taking a life of its own and its appalling to see

"Those evil evil Raptors! They should have been content being the nice guys, eliminated in the 2nd round and letting us make jokes until its time to become irrelevant again!"

Comment

Working...
                                X