This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think one detail that's being overlooked is that the front office specifically told DeMar he would not be traded during summer league, even as we'd been working on trades for two weeks.

Now I understand not wanting to tip our hand if it got out, because the certainty that DD was involved may have forced other teams to up their offers, but there was always the danger that the Spurs could have used DD as leverage anyway.

So to not tell a guy who'd been here 9 years is what smells worst about all this to me, and likely factors into the general reaction.

Still, I can understand the poker involved. It's just not a great look.
    I don't think Demar has any reason to be lying about this. I think if he asked that; he should have just been told that it's possible. That's it.

That's honestly my biggest issue on this right now.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I'd like to know what Masai or Bobby told DeMar and if it was true or not. It's a really bad look for our organization if it was true. I mean the first thing Masai said during the Masai presser when Casey got fired was that he reached out to him and talked to him.

I hope this is DeMar just airing out some frustration.. like he's shocked that he got traded.. something he never thought would be possible. But I'm just hoping he's wrong.

I know what Ainge did to IT.. and business is business.. but a little bit of a class act would have been nice to a guy that's done a pretty good job representing this team when it was crappy and when it was good. DeMar was a flawed player but there is a reason why people like him more than Bosh or even Vince in a lot of cases.
      Wanted to bold this line.

I don't think Demar was the best player to ever play on the Raptors [I have both Lowry and Vince above him in that regards] BUT I do strongly believe that he is, at this point, the best Raptor player in the franchise's history. Any time he's in Toronto; his meals should be comp'd at the very least.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        I don't think Demar has any reason to be lying about this. I think if he asked that; he should have just been told that it's possible. That's it.

That's honestly my biggest issue on this right now.
        Once again people jumping to conclusions without hearing both sides of the story. DeMar has been acting funky on Instagram for months and this has gotta be one of the most emotional days of his life.

I'm gonna wait until our dirtbag gm returns from his humanitarian work with president Obama and tells us something
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Once again people jumping to conclusions without hearing both sides of the story. DeMar has been acting funky on Instagram for months and this has gotta be one of the most emotional days of his life.

I'm gonna wait until our dirtbag gm returns from his humanitarian work with president Obama and tells us something
          I don't think he was told he wouldn't be traded. I think wasn't told that he would be. If that makes sense.

Comment

I don't think he was told he wouldn't be traded. I think wasn't told that he would be. If that makes sense.
            I can live with the ladder.. that's part of the business. And "nobody was untouchable". But I think DD's complaint was that he was explicitly told that he wouldn't be traded.. and he was. Unless I'm wrong. Hope someone can correct me if I am.

Comment

Right, because he wasn't on the block. This Kawhi stuff is only about 6 days old

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Right, because he wasn't on the block. This Kawhi stuff is only about 6 days old
                From Woj:

Toronto and San Antonio have been talking about the trade for two weeks, and several incarnations of packages have been discussed, league sources said.

Comment

• Will be strange watching a Raps game and not seeing DeRozan out there.

Still think it’s a bit odd Toronto did this without Leonard’s buy in but I get it and hope it works out one way or another. This is a really good team if Kawhi is all in and next year will play out with him looking at leaving 50 million on the table - he ain’t making that up in endorsements. So, i won’t be surprised if he’s here in 2020 and beyond.

Comment

• DeMar, nice guy, maybe too nice
                    Lowry, nice guy. Occasionallly a bit of sandpaper
                    JV nice guy, goofy sense of humour
                    OG, nice guy
                    Siakam, nice guy
                    Miles, Powell, Nogeuira, Wright, all nice guys
                    Ibaka might be the only player anyone fears, just because he's unbalanced and he's 38 years old .....

Kawhi is going to bring a bit of much needed attitude and swagger here imo

PS. Leonard and Green are already listed on the roster on the Raps website. DeMar is gone :-0

Comment

• So maybe we finally get an xmas day game? Spurs @ Raps on xmas day derozan’s first game back? Sounds good to me.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I can live with the ladder.. that's part of the business. And "nobody was untouchable". But I think DD's complaint was that he was explicitly told that he wouldn't be traded.. and he was. Unless I'm wrong. Hope someone can correct me if I am.
                        Those conversations are heard differently by people. I suspect the Raps would have a different view on what was said. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

I can’t imagine what an incredibly difficult pill to swallow this is for DeMar. But time heals all wounds and it will be the same with DD.

Comment

• So what's our next move? We still got a couple of pieces that could be worth something. And clearly there is too much guards and not enough inside players on the roster right now. Pretty sure Masai wants to pull out another trade. Thoughts?

Comment

• Why would the Raptors promise Demar that he wouldn't get traded? Why on god's earth would they ever do that after the playoff result this year? Was there any incentive to lie to Demar when he has 3 years left?

Comment

• Way outside the box thought for a bench big in a limited minutes role: Chris Bosh

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                So what's our next move? We still got a couple of pieces that could be worth something. And clearly there is too much guards and not enough inside players on the roster right now. Pretty sure Masai wants to pull out another trade. Thoughts?
                                We just acquired one of the best players on the planet. I'm still trying to unpack over here

Comment

Working...
                                X