Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the likely scenario of trading norman powell or acquire someone else in the offseason, i say, we trade him to Dallas for Wes Matthews or other teams for a good backup SG

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      what are the likely scenario of trading norman powell or acquire someone else in the offseason, i say, we trade him to Dallas for Wes Matthews or other teams for a good backup SG
      If we trade him it will likely be at the draft for a minimum contract or no salary at all.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Depends how the season ends. I have them losing to the Cavs in 7 whereever they meet.

I see Masai than trying to get one more player. Every role player this year has raised their stock dramatically. Look for a disgruntled star(Kawhi) or young players with star potential(Wiggins)

OG/JV/Norm= Kawhi

Norm/Ibaka= Wiggins

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Mar 17, 2018, 08:17 AM.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I really can't see them losing to the Cavs this season. There are too many new pieces that aren't jelling 100%, plus they still have to reintegrate Love, and the rest of the injured players back in. I also think the addition of FVV, and OG with their steady demeanour will help 10 fold in the playoffs. They don't get too high or too low, which I think has been the issue with the Raps in the playoffs in the past.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Depends how the season ends. I have them losing to the Cavs in 7 whereever they meet.

I see Masai than trying to get one more player. Every role player this year has raised their stock dramatically. Look for a disgruntled star(Kawhi) or young players with star potential(Wiggins)

OG/JV/Norm= Kawhi

Norm/Ibaka= Wiggins

Kawhi/Patty Mills for DeMar/ Delon

Would you do it?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Would you do it?
              I think the idea of trading DeMar is basically off the table at this point. Odds are he retires in a Raptors jersey.

Comment

Would you do it?
                Lowry/OG for Kawhi/Mills. Would they bite?

Comment

Would you do it?
                  That's a tough one when you take in injury history and what Deebo means to the city. The whole point is to try to get another superstar level player next to Deebo during his prime.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Lowry/OG for Kawhi/Mills. Would they bite?
                    No. Because Boston can easily trump that offer. Boston can trump any offer we make. Tatum plus anything outdoes us.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      No. Because Boston can easily trump that offer. Boston can trump any offer we make. Tatum plus anything outdoes us.
                      Tatum plus what? They've gotta get to around $20M in salary to trade for Leonard. Tatum makes less than $6M. Do they gut their team of all its current young players get Leonard?

Monroe and Baynes are expiring, and hard to imagine Morris having much value. They still have some extra 1st rounders, but none as appealing as the BKL picks they had.

Don't think Boston is going to have that easy a time outbidding teams anymore. At least not without it being a lot riskier for them than it once was.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Tatum plus what? They've gotta get to around $20M in salary to trade for Leonard. Tatum makes less than $6M. Do they gut their team of all its current young players get Leonard?

Monroe and Baynes are expiring, and hard to imagine Morris having much value. They still have some extra 1st rounders, but none as appealing as the BKL picks they had.

Don't think Boston is going to have that easy a time outbidding teams anymore. At least not without it being a lot riskier for them than it once was.
                        I'm talking strictly in terms of talent/future picks they can offer. Their coffers are way more full than ours. I haven't looked too hard at the salaries, but if Kawhi actually became available, I'm sure they'd figure out some way to make it work.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          I'm talking strictly in terms of talent/future picks they can offer. Their coffers are way more full than ours. I haven't looked too hard at the salaries, but if Kawhi actually became available, I'm sure they'd figure out some way to make it work.
                          Look at the salaries and look at their picks.

They are not as loaded as they once were. Smart becomes a RFA. Baynes and Monroe are expiring. Morris may not be attractive at all in a deal. That basically leaves Tatum, Brown and Rozier as tradeable young pieces. And it looks like that may still not be enough money. Do they have any attractive players after that?

Picks, they have this year's LAL pick if it's top 5 except 1st overall. LAL looks to be playing well enough that that pick won't be sent to Boston this year. Then it becomes a swap for the better pick of Philly or Sacto next year. They have a Clippers 2019 lottery protected pick. And Memphis' 2019 1st that is also protected (top 8 in 2019, top 6 in 2020, unprotected if not sent by 2021) for a couple of years and may be a lottery pick. Picks are still attractive, but nothing close to the unprotected 1sts they had from BKL, and the Spurs may not be interested in a pick they can't guarantee will be high. And even if they are, Boston might still have to trade all their current young pieces anyway.

Tatum, Brown, Rozier plus whatever may still beat whatever we can offer, but Boston may not be able to afford offering it as they'd have no depth leftover, and they'd be capped out. While Ainge has been good at swinging deals, he's never had to consider one that would leave him in such a difficult position after the deal. When they dealt for Garnett and Allen, they were so overstocked with young pieces that they could still retain some youth/depth after the deal. If they had to trade their best youth for Leonard, they might not have a single good rotation piece after Horford, Leonard, Hayward and Irving.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Mar 17, 2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Boston's issue is they have created a big three of their own with Kyrie, Horford and Hayward. So in order to get a 4th "big" player they would have to trade one. Just the economics of the cap.

Horford is a guy that they might have a hard time trading. He's an all-star pro, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and is making $30M a year. Has two years left on his deal (after the current one) where the last is a PO. If SA is trading Kwahi I'm sure they would want to go younger not older.. besides they have LMA already who basically plays the same position as Horford.

It's why when you hear about Anthony Davis going to Boston you have to laugh.. because that would mean some team would have to take back Horford in a trade, and that's tough to do. Teams trading stars generally want to get younger not older.

Boston still has a lot of good picks.. all protected, but from some bad teams (Sacramento, Memphis and LAC), and have all their own picks. We have all our picks going forward (outside of this draft of course). We have a lot home grown prospects that can make any trade more pleasing.. Poeltl, Siakam, OG and Wright could be added to any trade and those guys may be better than some potential draft pick. You know what you get with these guys.. and they're all good. But you would also be destroying our bench which has been our bread&butter this season.

From a contract perspective.. in order to get a max-ish player you would have to give up one of Ibaka or JV.. Not sure what the market would be like for a guy like Ibaka.. become a bit of a journey man.. has played for 3 teams in like 2 years. Not the defensive player he once was.. and is playing like a really old man so his fake age thing is most likely a valid conspiracy. JV is still a brute center in a league that is shying away from them. He's hitting 3's but he may not be a guy teams are coveting. One of those two would have to be traded, and they would have little value in the trade market. Lowry is our second captain and would ultimately be off the table permanently just like DeMar is.

Either way, I really don't expect Kwahi to be made available. We heard similar issues with LMA all last summer, and they extended him. Pops is not an idiot. If he has a healthy Kwahi playing for them.. they are a top 3 team in the West.

Comment

(Football = soccer)

NBA could take leaf out of football's book by introducing FA Cup-style competition during regular season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nba...ew-format.html

Comment

So is this really like the FA cup? G-League or NBL teams playing NBA teams? Isn’t that one of the charms of the FA Cup when the team from Dorking Wells upon Tyne FC with a bunch of plumbers plays Man U?

Comment

Working...
                                X