• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

we're losing Lucas this summer right?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        we're losing Lucas this summer right?
        Unless he wants to sign for the minimum. Which he may.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          That'd be nice. He can still be pretty useful to have around at times, I think.

Comment

He probably does. Lol seems like the type of dude who's just happy to be here. Nothing wrong with that and helps to have a 3rd center with a different look in a pinch.

Plus didn't he meet his wife here?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think some teams may offer more than the minimum. This guy can clearly be a full time backup on a lot of teams.

Comment

I think some teams may offer more than the minimum. This guy can clearly be a full time backup on a lot of teams.
                The moment you give Bebe a consistent spot in the rotation, is the moment he goes on the IL for half the season.

Comment

They may well, and if so he's likely paying for them. Hence my statement that if he wants to take the minimum he can stay here.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So, what are we doing with Norm in the off season? Anyone think Raptors try and move him?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      So, what are we doing with Norm in the off season? Anyone think Raptors try and move him?
                      My personal feeling is it will come down to Norm or Fred. If the team wants to bring Fred back and they think he's going to get something in the $6-8M range, and they don't want to have a huge tax bill.. they'll want to probably move on from Norm.

Biggest salary hogs on the team outside of DeMar and Lowry are Ibaka, JV and Miles. I think CJ has become too important for this team based on the new style they've been playing. If Norm is a tough guy to trade and they really want Fred back then Masai may move JV or Serge instead. JV probably has the easier contract to move so it might be him. They would then give Poeltl more opportunity in his 3rd year.

Or they could just lose Fred and hope the team is still as good without him.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        planetmars wrote: View Post
                        My personal feeling is it will come down to Norm or Fred. If the team wants to bring Fred back and they think he's going to get something in the $6-8M range, and they don't want to have a huge tax bill.. they'll want to probably move on from Norm.

Biggest salary hogs on the team outside of DeMar and Lowry are Ibaka, JV and Miles. I think CJ has become too important for this team based on the new style they've been playing. If Norm is a tough guy to trade and they really want Fred back then Masai may move JV or Serge instead. JV probably has the easier contract to move so it might be him. They would then give Poeltl more opportunity in his 3rd year.

A lot depends on what happens in the playoffs. If it's a really deep run and Norm makes key contributions like he has the last two years, they could make a good argument for keeping both and paying the tax bill next year.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I think moving JV or Serge will be near impossible in this cap environment.

Norm's deal structure makes him basically the only option to trade.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            A lot depends on what happens in the playoffs. If it's a really deep run and Norm makes key contributions like he has the last two years, they could make a good argument for keeping both and paying the tax bill next year.
                            The Raptors are going to be in the tax regardless.. the question is how much are they willing to spend? I believe Dan mentioned that if we kept the entire band we may be paying about $170M. The tax penalty alone would be around $20M.

Comment

Yeah Serge/JV will be tougher to trade. Not a lot of teams with cap space that would want either guy.

Comment

Is it possible -without paying tax - to sign Fred and wait until the trade deadline 2019 to move Norm, if he shows no sign of improvement?

Comment

Working...
                                X