This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    That is a bit rough. Losing OG and Siakam?

OG may never be as good as Kawhi, but ideally you would want to pair them on the wings. That would be a defensive nightmare for other teams. And on top of it you give up Siakam, our other most versatile defender?

And no guarantee Kawhi stays, or healthy (because who knows what the actual fuck is going on with him). Also, Rudy Gay again? Don't really want that.

I would see if you can make the deal happen with Poeltl instead of OG. Even throw in a 1st rounder as well. Basically try to do anything to not give up OG in the deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Who knows what the fuck is gonna on with his injury, his mind and his crazy uncle running things. Too many red flags there for my liking. Beside's if he's got his heart set to L.A, why would he stick with the Raptors beyond 1 year?! Money aint his only motivation. This stinks. Pass.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      I am never wrong 3 names get one MU. If you can get all 3 lord have mercy

Isaac bonga
      Keita Bates diop
      Donte divincenzo

I would trade any player on this team to get the draft picks to get those players
      Is DiVincenzo like a poor man's Gerry McNamara?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Where did the 45% from the field come from? Lonzo shot 36% from the field. That's terrible. 45% FT shooting is crazy bad and a major red flag.... 10X worse for a point guard.
        Thank you. Truth Teller was mistaking his awful FT% for his FG%, he was bad at every form of shooting.

Comment

• If you look at talent alone of course you deal Derozan for Khawi.

But you have to factor in that he's just a one year rental, one year to impress him and convince him to resign, and in my opinion nothing short of making the finals will achieve that.

You have to keep Demar, Lowry and Valanciunas in any deal for him for it to make sense, to have a chance at him resigning.

OG has to go, because he is young, he has potential, and spurs might want to develop him to be the next Kahwi, if he stays OG becomes expandable. OG plus any combination of young players and draft picks the spurs want is the way to go.

If we loose Kawhi, Demar Derozan and whoever else was included in the trade after next year. The raptors will have to enter the process which will be a tough pill to swallow for everyone from ownership to the fans.

He's a great player, but only has 1 year left before he bolts, he's not worth as much as he has talent.

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Is DiVincenzo like a poor man's Gerry McNamara?
              Donte has a 42” vertical with way better footwork... nah he is close to Ray Allen if u going to make a comparison which is stupid cause all these draft picks have to prove themselves. Keita I could compare him to big dog Glenn Robinson but he more has a body of Rasheed Wallace. Neither is a fare comparison to those hall of famers

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Ingram's ORTG is bad, his DRTG is bad, his TS% is bad.

Ball's ORTG is bad, his DRTG is bad, his TS% is fucking horrendous, and his FT% is a laughable 45%, he's as bad as Ben Wallace.

OG's ORTG is good, his DRTG is good, his TS% is excellent.

Ingram is a twig and will always struggle guarding anyone over 200lbs, OG is a beast and can defend just about anyone in the league.

Ball is definitely a better prospect than Ingram, so he's the big fish in the deal and he's not a very good catch.

I think Boston will be able to make the strongest offer so I don't think we get in on the sweepstakes, but if we did an offer of DD and OG is way better than Ball and Ingram.
                Ball and Ingram's ORTG and DRTGs would be trash cause they play for the Lakers, who have no mature talent. OG played for the best regular season team in the East so his RTGs would not be trash...

Also Ball and Ingram are the target of other team's defenses, contrast that with how OG literally doesn't have plays run for him and a large majority of the TS% differences is accounted for there.

I'm pretty high on OG (and Siakam), but at most, he's on their level as a prospect.

In any case if I'm the Spurs, I ask for Kuzma and Ingram not Ball because he's got a lot of flaws.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Ingram's ORTG is bad, his DRTG is bad, his TS% is bad.

Ball's ORTG is bad, his DRTG is bad, his TS% is fucking horrendous, and his FT% is a laughable 45%, he's as bad as Ben Wallace.

OG's ORTG is good, his DRTG is good, his TS% is excellent.

Ingram is a twig and will always struggle guarding anyone over 200lbs, OG is a beast and can defend just about anyone in the league.

Ball is definitely a better prospect than Ingram, so he's the big fish in the deal and he's not a very good catch.

I think Boston will be able to make the strongest offer so I don't think we get in on the sweepstakes, but if we did an offer of DD and OG is way better than Ball and Ingram.
                  You know ORatg and DRatg are influenced by your teammates, right? And that TS% is affected by usage? OG took 4.7 shots a game.

ESPN did a ranking of top players under 25... Ball and Ingram ranked 16/17, OG did not make a ballot.
                  http://insider2text.xyz/articles/4d4b7225fccf97b3

Hinkie follows these guys: http://nbaassets.com

Ball and Ingram are 21/33. OG is not listed, again because he is not viewed as a superior prospect by most objective observers.

And we weren't arguing DD+OG, you said:

OG is a way better propsect than both Ingram and Ball, not even close in my mind.

Comment

That is a bit rough. Losing OG and Siakam?

OG may never be as good as Kawhi, but ideally you would want to pair them on the wings. That would be a defensive nightmare for other teams. And on top of it you give up Siakam, our other most versatile defender?

And no guarantee Kawhi stays, or healthy (because who knows what the actual fuck is going on with him). Also, Rudy Gay again? Don't really want that.

I would see if you can make the deal happen with Poeltl instead of OG. Even throw in a 1st rounder as well. Basically try to do anything to not give up OG in the deal.

I so disagree...are u guys kidding me..this guy is the best second player in the association only(Lebron of course number 1...KD..plz,overrated..don't get me started) and u guys are saying 2 much..wow..wow...wow..I love OG,I wish they don't ask for him and we can keep him and maybe I don't know..through in JV and 1st instead with Derozan and Siakim..but if there is no choice,sorry OG...pack ure back and bring Kawhi leonard..f@#k yeah..u do that in second..ppl do u guys watch the nba, super stars wins championship and Kawli Leonard is a Superstar..u don't get these kind the gifts, unless u draft these guys..and everyone else ain't coming 2 raptor land unless it's through trade or drafting,sorry but that's how it is and it's not changing.
                    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sat Jun 16, 2018, 01:27 AM.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      I so disagree...are u guys kidding me..this guy is the best second player in the association only(Lebron of course number 1...KD..plz,overrated..don't get me started) and u guys are saying 2 much..wow..wow...wow..I love OG,I wish they don't ask for him and we can keep him and maybe I don't know..through in JV and 1st instead with Derozan and Siakim..but if there is no choice,sorry OG...pack ure back and bring Kawhi leonard..f@#k yeah..u do that in second..ppl do u guys watch the nba, super stars wins championship and Kawli Leonard is a Superstar..u don't get these kind the gifts, unless u draft these guys..and everyone else ain't coming 2 raptor land unless it's through trade or drafting,sorry but that's how it is and it's not changing.
                      I 100% agree. Once again, people here are overrating the young players on this team. It's not like OG is Tatum or Ben Simmons, you know...a superstar young player. OG is a decent player, a role player. Kawhi is a SUPERSTAR. Arguably the 2nd best player in the game lol.

If the Spurs asked for DD + Siakam + OG for Kawhi, you do that trade in a heartbeat lol.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kawhi is not a "singlehandedly take you to the finals" level of star.

In today's NBA, you need a lot of wing depth and talent. You know what the Raps would have in the simplest form of this trade where DD, OG and Siakam go out? Kawhi, CJ Miles and Norman Powell. Plus the small backcourt lineups where we play 2 of Lowry, Wright and FVV (assuming he's re-signed). Ibaka seems broken down and can't be relied on nightly as a stretch 4. Throw in JV and Poeltl, who will basically have to both be excellent every night with Siakam gone and Ibaka decaying. Seems like a decently deep team at first glance, except that out of your top 9 players, 5 of them basically play just two positions. Ibaka is crumbling, Miles sucks on D and Powell is a total wildcard. Does that sound like a contender? Because if it isn't, Kawhi leaves after a year and your team lost two of its best young assets for nothing. And we won't have any flexibility to round out the roster in free agency. That's a pretty imbalanced roster.

And he clearly wants to go to a big market, so we're already dealing with a high flight risk.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I am never wrong 3 names get one MU. If you can get all 3 lord have mercy

Isaac bonga
                          Keita Bates diop
                          Donte divincenzo

I would trade any player on this team to get the draft picks to get those players
                          Fuck that, he can't play in the NBA. The Jordan of Delaware will be like the Jordan of Turkey except he sucks.

Also when you start a post with "I am never wrong"....

Comment

Kawhi is not a "singlehandedly take you to the finals" level of star.

In today's NBA, you need a lot of wing depth and talent. You know what the Raps would have in the simplest form of this trade where DD, OG and Siakam go out? Kawhi, CJ Miles and Norman Powell. Plus the small backcourt lineups where we play 2 of Lowry, Wright and FVV (assuming he's re-signed). Ibaka seems broken down and can't be relied on nightly as a stretch 4. Throw in JV and Poeltl, who will basically have to both be excellent every night with Siakam gone and Ibaka decaying. Seems like a decently deep team at first glance, except that out of your top 9 players, 5 of them basically play just two positions. Ibaka is crumbling, Miles sucks on D and Powell is a total wildcard. Does that sound like a contender? Because if it isn't, Kawhi leaves after a year and your team lost two of its best young assets for nothing. And we won't have any flexibility to round out the roster in free agency. That's a pretty imbalanced roster.

And he clearly wants to go to a big market, so we're already dealing with a high flight risk.
                            Its not like the current team is constructed to win championships either. They can't keep running it with this sorry squad. The Raptors lack what a lot of teams lack - no superstar. You get the superstar and then you can always try to build around him. Role players is easy to acquire, superstars aren't.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              I 100% agree. Once again, people here are overrating the young players on this team. It's not like OG is Tatum or Ben Simmons, you know...a superstar young player. OG is a decent player, a role player. Kawhi is a SUPERSTAR. Arguably the 2nd best player in the game lol.

If the Spurs asked for DD + Siakam + OG for Kawhi, you do that trade in a heartbeat lol.
                              They always do. Same thing with Norm Powell last year when they thought they thought he was better than Buddy Hield. OG will be a good 3&D type player, but not someone who will become an allstar.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                Its not like the current team is constructed to win championships either. They can't keep running it with this sorry squad. The Raptors lack what a lot of teams lack - no superstar. You get the superstar and then you can always try to build around him. Role players is easy to acquire, superstars aren't.
                                And why would he come here if you gut the roster? He won't want to spend his prime in a non-contender market north of the border. He is asking out of a solid franchise as is, apparently for a bigger/hotter market.

If you're going to get the superstar, it better be a situation where you are in a position to keep them long term, or have a very strong chance to win a ring immediately if they're a rental. It feels like we wouldn't be able to accomplish either.

Comment

Working...
                                X