Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't know what other teams are offering nor do we know how highly the Spurs value Anunoby

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Idk why but I've been getting the feeling DeMar actually won't be in the deal if it happens.

I see it being either Ibaka + OG + Siakam/Poeltl + Powell + 1st with Pau also coming back or JV + OG + Siakam + 1st with no extra money coming back.
      that would be sweet if Lowry/DeMar isnt in that deal. If Masai can pull that off...GM exec of the year

Comment

• I posted this on Reddit but thought I'd share here too:
        Kawhi's Mouthpiece aka Cris Carter's has a message for Raps

On FTF he basically says Kawhi is not playing for/going to Toronto. That the Raps don't even need to call Kawhi, they can just call CC and he will tell it to them! "It's not a Paul George situation, I have warned people."

I kind of believe some of what CC is saying. I don't think it's a PG situation bc i believe Kawhi has a peculiar personality and prob has his mind set on LA and isn't willing to be convinced otherwise. Also KL and his team seem toxic at this point and I want no parts of them. But I'm not Masai!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

• While I do think that any deal involving Kahwi will include DD; if Masai can somehow center it around Ibaka instead; I'd be ok giving up more prospects/picks than otherwise.

I still think the likeliest trade is DD+Poetl+2019 1st for Kawhi/Pau.

Personally; the one that I'd love to see (and it definitely is something I feel comfortable saying has no way of happening) is Ibaka/Poetl or Wright/Norm/2019 1st/2020 1st right to swap for Kahwi/Pau.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            We don't know what other teams are offering nor do we know how highly the Spurs value Anunoby
            Sure, we don't know. But we can make some reasonable assumptions. Otherwise why not just offer Malachi Richardson and a 2nd? We don't know how highly the Spurs value Richardson.

There's no reason, and has never been a reason, to think the Raptors would have any chance at winning a prospect-based bidding war. We just don't have the assets - even the prospects that teams like Philly and Boston were not specifically rumoured to be holding back (ie, not Fultz or Brown) are a step above anything the Raptors can offer, and the same goes for the various picks those teams own.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'll bet Masai is unwilling to give up OG or Siakam, and I'll bet the Spurs won't trade without one of those coming back. Could be that there's no resolution to that impasse.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Yay, some KL to Toronto buzz again!

Do you guys think Masai has already spoken with Leonard about his willingness to play for Toronto?

Comment

• rebelrouser89 wrote: View Post
                  I posted this on Reddit but thought I'd share here too:
                  Kawhi's Mouthpiece aka Cris Carter's has a message for Raps

On FTF he basically says Kawhi is not playing for/going to Toronto. That the Raps don't even need to call Kawhi, they can just call CC and he will tell it to them! "It's not a Paul George situation, I have warned people."

I kind of believe some of what CC is saying. I don't think it's a PG situation bc i believe Kawhi has a peculiar personality and prob has his mind set on LA and isn't willing to be convinced otherwise. Also KL and his team seem toxic at this point and I want no parts of them. But I'm not Masai!

While I've become less excited about Kawhi, I do think Masai is going to trade DD and OG plus pick. I think he is going to take that risk even if Kawhi makes it known he will not return.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Yay, some KL to Toronto buzz again!

Do you guys think Masai has already spoken with Leonard about his willingness to play for Toronto?
                    I think I’ve read Kawhi doesn’t have an agent, which further complicates this. No trusted relationship in place to talk to an agent about kawhi’s intentions.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      I think you have to look at Paul George and Kawhi differently. George never would have left the Pacers if he could have gotten the super-max, Kawhi doesn't care for it; he is totally different.

I think it would be foolish to look at a Kawhi trade as anything other than a rental; which isn't necessarily entirely bad. The question I would ask him is not if he would consider staying but if he would play hard next season.
                      I don't agree with that first paragraph. George was bad-mouthing and angling his way out of Indiana BEFORE he knew he wouldn't be eligible for the supermax. There would have been more incentive for him to stay then, but to say he never would have left if not for the supermax doesn't have that much of a base.

I think if you're Masai, you can take your time on this and try to whittle down the best offer and hope the Spurs blink first on the OG thing when they realize the other offers just aren't there. But when it comes down to it, if the Spurs say they'll do the trade if you include OG, and no picks past 2019 are involved, you have to do the trade eventually. This really is the Raptors chance to be relevant, and this could be their Harden trade that they've been building towards all this time.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                        I don't agree with that first paragraph. George was bad-mouthing and angling his way out of Indiana BEFORE he knew he wouldn't be eligible for the supermax. There would have been more incentive for him to stay then, but to say he never would have left if not for the supermax doesn't have that much of a base.

I think if you're Masai, you can take your time on this and try to whittle down the best offer and hope the Spurs blink first on the OG thing when they realize the other offers just aren't there. But when it comes down to it, if the Spurs say they'll do the trade if you include OG, and no picks past 2019 are involved, you have to do the trade eventually. This really is the Raptors chance to be relevant, and this could be their Harden trade that they've been building towards all this time.
                        I think thats what Masai is doing. Playing the waiting game, waiting for the Spurs to get desperate so the price is lowered. Celtics, Sixers and Lakers have no reason to gut their team for Kawhi when they are built for the future, so Masai can take his time.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I think thats what Masai is doing. Playing the waiting game, waiting for the Spurs to get desperate so the price is lowered. Celtics, Sixers and Lakers have no reason to gut their team for Kawhi when they are built for the future, so Masai can take his time.
                          Agreed. SAS have zero leverage, and other parties seem to be less interested in paying the rental fee; Lakers are already waiting for next summer, and Philly's not giving up Embiid or Simmons (and why would SAS want Fultz?); nor is Boston likely to give up Tatum. I see no reason to include a Toronto All Star if the Spurs are rebuilding. Give them OG, make them take back Ibaka, and call it a day. Throw in the 2019 pick if it helps. SAS should be happy to get back a Kawhi-lite who will actually suit up for them, vs. paying KL to sit and stew at home all year.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Based on the short conversation Lowe and Windhorst had on his pod, that's probably the current sticking point. Ujiri has offered DD plus a prospect plus a pick, but SA wants that prospect to be OG and Masai isn't budging. Hopefully it ends with Masai adding another non-OG prospect as a middle ground, or the Spurs just caving as other suitors keep dropping off (as Windhorst suggests has been happening).
                            OG may or may not be an allstar for the Raptors, but if he goes to the Spurs he will probably end up as a superstar.

Comment

• People are pretty sure the Kawhi isn't going to resign. I rather we just not trade for him.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post

Eh they are pretty different. George still played his ass off the last year in Indy, Kawhi sat out all year and avoided contact with SAS. George was pretty much a professional, went to the team privately to say he wouldnt sign long term after he was no longer eligible for the supermax, whereas Kawhi went through the media.

Really don't think Masai has to give up a lot for Kawhi, I mean who else is going to sell the farm with no chance of contending this year, maybe in a normal year but no team save for Houston is Kawhi Leonard away from beating the Warriors.

Comment

Working...
                                X