Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if Kawhi just does sit out a significant portion of the season, the 'withholding services' clause kicks in, and Toronto uses that to extort a heavier price from LA than they were willing to give up to San Antonio.

Comment

• https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/7/18/...-demar-derozan

Cap situation. Couldn't pack everything in there, so let me know if there are any questions.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Depending on how things go next July the trade might be:

DeRozan
        Poeltl
        1st Round Pick(top 20 protected)

for

Nothing

This next season will be one of the most eventful in Raptors history. It might be notorious though, we'll see.
        You can't just pretend the 2018-19 season isn't going to happen. I absolutely loathe that kind of analysis.

If Kawhi and Green both don't resign the trade is:

DeRozan
        Poeltl

for

NBA Finals Appearance
        A Season with the best player in the East
        A slim chance at taking down the Warriors (I think we'll have the best defense in the NBA)
        More US media attention then the franchise has had every other year combined
        Drastically improved reputation around the league as a real contender
        A much better pitch to any free agents that we're a Finals team and they can make us a Championship team
        Not taking back any dead salary for Derozan's contract speeding up a rebuild
        Removing the option of paying Derozan $40M per year

Comment

DeRozan
          Poeltl

for

Nothing

This next season will be one of the most eventful in Raptors history. It might be notorious though, we'll see.
          Thinking about this more. Just consider the low faith MU had in DeRozan in order to do this trade.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

lol
            Murphy bomb
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
              True. Boston dealt his ass even tho he gave his soul to Boston and played his heart out when his sister passed away.
              How about this? We give Lowry a legit chance to win ECF. We're taking care of our core players by giving them a chance. We're not trading away Derozan to suck ass and didn't trade him for a young player. We didn't trade him when he got injured. We traded him to a great city and great organization. FA should see that we're serious about contending, about winning it all.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

DeRozan
                Poeltl

for

Nothing

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Leonard seems eccentric. We can't assume he thinks like most people. He hasn't shown that yet.
                I have a feeling that you just dont like the trade, or Kawhi or losing Derozan

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  You can't just pretend the 2018-19 season isn't going to happen. I absolutely loathe that kind of analysis.

If Kawhi and Green both don't resign the trade is:

DeRozan
                  Poeltl

for

NBA Finals Appearance
                  A Season with the best player in the East
                  A slim chance at taking down the Warriors (I think we'll have the best defense in the NBA)
                  More US media attention then the franchise has had every other year combined
                  Drastically improved reputation around the league as a real contender
                  A much better pitch to any free agents that we're a Finals team and they can make us a Championship team
                  Not taking back any dead salary for Derozan's contract speeding up a rebuild
                  Removing the option of paying Derozan $40M per year
                  Do you really think players are going to view it all like that? That's a fairy tale. There's a long standing bias here and it isn't helped by reports that DeRozan was flat out lied to. Doesn't matter if its true or not, it's still being hammered home in the media and most people aren't going to bother digging into it.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    I have a feeling that you just dont like the trade, or Kawhi or losing Derozan
                    If you read all my comments from today you might then think that what you just said was very uneducated.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

lol
                      What??!! What about Boucher or Alkins?!!! Come on Masai !!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        How about this? We give Lowry a legit chance to win ECF. We're taking care of our core players by giving them a chance. We're not trading away Derozan to suck ass and didn't trade him for a young player. We didn't trade him when he got injured. We traded him to a great city and great organization. FA should see that we're serious about contending, about winning it all.
                        Fair enough. I can understand that perspective. I just hope FA think of it that way rather than the Raptors back stabbing players.

Comment

Do you really think players are going to view it all like that? That's a fairy tale. There's a long standing bias here and it isn't helped by reports that DeRozan was flat out lied to. Doesn't matter if its true or not, it's still being hammered home in the media and most people aren't going to bother digging into it.
                          Further, we focused too much on our Canadian view of this and not enough on what most Americans think. That's a pretty big miss seeing how we're usually talking about Americans and what they might do. What they might do is strongly influenced by what they think obviously.

Comment

• I'm ok with Raps not telling Derozan. You never know one of Derozan guys could've leak it. Raps didn't need that. And if deal didn't go through how do you mend it?
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I'm expecting a few more trades going for the Raps these upcoming days to complete the roster. Any backup C's we should trade for? Don't think we are resigning Bebe. Montreal Big Man from summer league comes to mind.

With 5 PG in our roster...something has to happen lol

Comment

I know for a fact players view teams that make the Finals more highly than teams that don't. Our pitch to Giannis when he's a free agent will be to insert him into Kawhi's spot and head right back to the Finals. Sticking with this roster for another year and finishing 3rd in the East just makes us less attractive and gives the impression we will never get over the hump so avoid Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X