• Abbas wrote: View Post
    Lowry - VanVleet
    Green - Smith
    Leonard - OG
    Love - Pascal
    JV - Bebe

Love and Smith for Ibaka, Miles, and Wright

*lowkey don't want to give up Wright, one of my fav players lol
    Love is intriguing but I think Masai is going for guys that can switch on defense a lot.. JV/Love would be pretty bad defensively. I guess you could use Love at center.. worked against Boston and Horford and then bring JV off the bench? Or start JV and end the game with Love. Love is an elite reobunder and is a great passer. Those things are what makes him a great player.

I could totally see Love throwing the ball to Siakam on transition buckets all day long.

But Cleveland won't want to give up Love unless they get a pick back. That's my sense anyway. And they drafted a PG (Sexton) so I doubt the one prospect they would want is a PG. Again like Butler, I could see them wanting OG or Siakam instead if we can't offer a first rounder.

Comment

• I know some guys mentioned Len here. Going to Atlanta. Maybe they'll make Dedmon available now?

Comment

• Alex Len to sign a 2 year deal with the Hawks

Centers drafted after Len in the 2013 NBA Draft: Noel, Adams, Olynyk, Nogueira, Dieng, Plumlee, Gobert, Muscala

Comment

• Montrezl is gone too

Comment

• Would love to have Beverley.. but we've got a tonne of PG's already.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              Lowry - VanVleet
              Green - Smith
              Leonard - OG
              Love - Pascal
              JV - Bebe

Love and Smith for Ibaka, Miles, and Wright

*lowkey don't want to give up Wright, one of my fav players lol
              Just going to focus on one thing here...

Why do you want to bring back Bebe? Why does anyone want to bring back Bebe?

I am really hoping we find someone with more physical and mental toughness, and higher bball IQ (ie doesn't pass the ball when he has an open layup/dunk). On top of that he has not been durable, going all the way back to when he was a draft prospect. If we add a backup C, they have to be someone we can be reasonably confident won't be getting little nagging injuries all the time.

Now, maybe they do end up bringing him back because of a lack of other options and hopefully it would be only for that reason. It should be at least somewhat telling that we renounced him and his name has not been tied to any teams since free agency started. It means at best, teams will only bring him on as an end of bench player after all the other free agency hoopla dies down and he's still out there without a contract.

It may be best for him to go back to Europe and work on his game.

I'm still hoping for Norm to Atlanta for Dedmon or some such trade. And then if we want to add a depth big or two, find some different young guys to take a chance on. We already gave Boucher a camp deal (I think there's a good chance he ends up with a 2-way deal from us), and a name that used to get kicked around here when he was in the draft process, Christian Wood, just had a monster Summer League and is still just 22 years old.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Would love to have Beverley.. but we've got a tonne of PG's already.
                Meh, even if we didn't, Beverley hasn't been particularly durable, and is basically just a 3 and D PG. All our PGs are far better overall players (except Lorenzo Brown).

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Breakups are always hard whether it would be relationships or business. DeMar has every right to be angry at Masai and the Raptors but from his latest insta I think he has accepted that it’s business and 100% knows that Toronto loves him. I don’t think that will stop him from trying to drop 40+ on us every time but I’m glad DeMar doesn’t seem as angry as before now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  This was the best option for the Raptors and Demar. The Spurs are probably the best place to fix his flaws - shot selection, def bbiq. Better now than later when they salary dump him to a hopeless franchise like Detroit, Orlando or the Kings

Comment

• I'm happy with the roster as constructed. The only minor balancing move I would consider is going for a backup C, but there are two things going on right now that actually mitigate that need:

--More minutes to JV under Nurse (I don't think we're gonna a see a lot of "3-minute second halves" for JV anymore)
                    --With more options able to play PF now, some of Ibaka's minutes will be squeezed out of there, freeing up more minutes for him to play backup C

I wouldn't give up Wright to tweak the C spot. He fits really well with this team; lengthy defender, good at stealing/blocking passing lanes, good rebounder for his position, great at slashing to the rim, and has a blossoming 3pt shot. I don't think you give that up for a Kosta Koufus type of player to play spot minutes at the 5.

Pretty much the only move I would do is a straight up swap of Powell for a serviceable big (without attaching picks). If there's no takers on that, I hold on to Norm too and hope he recoups some of his value next year.

Comment

• Yeah if we make no more moves I'm happy. Boucher can be a serviceable big like Bebe was (in an emergency only of course). I am a bit concerned with playing time though if Norm is back. Especially if we sign Alkins too.

But if nobody wants him what can we do.

Comment

• I agree if we trading for Clint Capela I am happy with that otherwise go with rosters as is. Only other player I would like to see is keita bates diop he has Rasheed Wallace length shot blocking potential with Glen Robinson scoring.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I agree if we trading for Clint Capela I am happy with that otherwise go with rosters as is. Only other player I would like to see is keita bates diop he has Rasheed Wallace length shot blocking potential with Glen Robinson scoring.
                          We're above the tax apron already so it'll be really tough to do a S&T. We can't be over the apron after a S&T is done. So we have to send out way more money in contracts than we can give him in a deal. Houston is a big time tax team too so they may not want all that money in contracts we give them. Not many teams with cap space left to help in a 3-way.

So I just don't see this happening at all.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            We're above the tax apron already so it'll be really tough to do a S&T. We can't be over the apron after a S&T is done. So we have to send out way more money in contracts than we can give him in a deal. Houston is a big time tax team too so they may not want all that money in contracts we give them. Not many teams with cap space left to help in a 3-way.

So I just don't see this happening at all.
                            Houston won't let him go anyway. He's not happy with their offer, but unless someone else makes a bigger one he'll probably take it, or the qualifying offer so he can become an UFA next year. If Houston wants to keep contending with this core, though, it would be in their best interest to figure out a long-term deal. Too much capspace in the league next summer and they can't afford to lose him for nothing.

And I posted before how I don't think it's that good or necessary a trade for the position the Raptors are in. JV brings a lot of what we need at C, and is still basically the only physical presence we have (we once again saw how important that can be in the playoffs). Capela is not some "modern NBA" saviour at C. He was not a big difference maker in the GSW series last year and saw his role reduced compared to the other playoff series. He doesn't give any real edge against smaller lineups that they used, and doesn't provide enough physicality and scoring skills to punish those lineups either.

We don't need a C for those small mathcups. If we end up matching against a team like GSW who uses no big for stretches, we can play Ibaka or preferably Siakam at C for those specific situations. We now have enough size and options at the wing/forward spots to do that and not be too small (like we won't have to play Miles or DeMar at PF).

Comment

• My only worry is our ability to hide JV if we can keep him home around the rim then he is fine. 15 ft out or more and it’s a issue. Was looking at diamond and 1 zone defence that could keep him home but our team maybe better off suited for man to man

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                My only worry is our ability to hide JV if we can keep him home around the rim then he is fine. 15 ft out or more and it’s a issue. Was looking at diamond and 1 zone defence that could keep him home but our team maybe better off suited for man to man
                                no need perimeter D is that good

Comment

Working...
                                X