This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Anybody know the status of Festus Ezeli? He had a bad injury a few years back, but he was a great backup for the Warriors when healthy. Should be recovered by now.
    I was actually thinking of Ryan Anderson. I know his contract is crap and not sure how many years he has left on it before it becomes an expiring, but seems like he's still a solid shooter/rebounder which is about all we'd be looking for from a back-up PF that can maybe play some mins. at C.

I mean if it's the one year we get to go all in and if his contract doesn't hamper the rebuild going forward.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      I don't think it's weak to give the media an honest interview about how he feels about the situation, no.
      The interview validated the very reason he was traded.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I was actually thinking of Ryan Anderson. I know his contract is crap and not sure how many years he has left on it before it becomes an expiring, but seems like he's still a solid shooter/rebounder which is about all we'd be looking for from a back-up PF that can maybe play some mins. at C.

I mean if it's the one year we get to go all in and if his contract doesn't hamper the rebuild going forward.
        No thanks. Ezeli would be a good get though.

Comment

• The one thing I really don't get is DeMar talking about sacrifice. Like he sacrificed so much playing for the Raptors.

What did he sacrifice? He arguably had more leash and made more money than any other team would have given him. He also didn't sacrifice any part of his game, and didn't exactly lead the team in charges or diving for loose balls.

Was it personal sacrifice? Did living in Toronto ruin his life in some way?

No clue what he's talking about. Not trying to take a shot at him, just literally very confused by these remarks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            The one thing I really don't get is DeMar talking about sacrifice. Like he sacrificed so much playing for the Raptors.

What did he sacrifice? He arguably had more leash and made more money than any other team would have given him. He also didn't sacrifice any part of his game, and didn't exactly lead the team in charges or diving for loose balls.

Was it personal sacrifice? Did living in Toronto ruin his life in some way?

No clue what he's talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
            He improved his game (which I mean, brings money, adoration and recognition)...and visited the kids in Vegas at Summer League.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              So if the Spurs offered the same trade for JV or Ibaka we wouldn't do it?

Come on man stop lying.
              You love confrontation don’t you. Right up in someone’s grill for an innocuous statement. Let’s start the dialogue with the soft opening line of your a liar.

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              I really don't like the way a lot of NBA fans look at players. And it's no different here.
              Let’s throw out the hint of racism...

There were 2 guys I mentioned in trades, both teams that might want Wright/Powell in return. Koufos on the Kings and Dedmon on the Hawks.
              Of course you did. You are like the Pope of RR. Infallible.

No the players should just shut up and know their place.
              A little more race baiting here. Let’s toss out the line from the Fox Network talking head Laura Ingram. Let’s see if someone rises to the race baiting then go all in on that. Not that you have ever done this before.

Where did I write that? Bold it and quote it to me please.
              Still open minded on the debate. Prove to me verbatim what I have been hinting at between the lines.

Wouldn't be traded and untouchable are not the same thing.
              They are exactly the same thing. If your untouchable that means you aren’t going to be traded. No ? For a race baiter that deals heavily in double entendres you do see the similarities in using different words or phrases that mean the same thing.

No I don't actually. And this is yet another case of not reading what I've actually written.

The issue seems to be (again this is DeMar's side of things) that DeMar was TOLD he WAS NOT going to be traded. That is problematic if it in fact actually happened. Simply just saying nothing would've been better than that, or if he asked, giving an answer that does not indicate one way or the other, like, "I can't promise you that you won't be moved".
              Can’t say that you’ve been sorely missed waiting out your ban.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 25, 2018, 12:23 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• I thought DeMar would completely turn heel like when Hogan joined the NWO. Glad he didn't do that. He's still a face imo. He's still the John Cena of Raptor Nation. Lots of peole like him, but there are also lots of people who don't like him.

The reality is, Masai was just doing his job. DeMar said that Masai should've at least told him if he was on the move. Imagine if Masai said 'hey we're trying to acquire Kawhi and you might be on the move' and the trade didn't happen? NOW WHAT?

And didn't Masai said that there's no untouchable on this roster after the season ended?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And it's really time for him to move on. He's not the first player that got traded. And he's not going to be the last.

Remember when the Clips traded Blake to Detroit? there were reports that when Blake re-signed with the Clips, the Clips promised him that his jersey one day would be up in the rafters. And that they would build a statue for him as a career Clipper?

I don't rememver Blake acting like this aftrr the trade.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    And it's really time for him to move on. He's not the first player that got traded. And he's not going to be the last.

Remember when the Clips traded Blake to Detroit? there were reports that when Blake re-signed with the Clips, the Clips promised him that his jersey one day would be up in the rafters. And that they would build a statue for him as a career Clipper?

That's the comparison I made earlier. He was also blind sided. He was probably pretty choked but he posted a couple funny memes and then reported to Detroit. And they traded him for role players and picks, demar got traded for a player that ranks anywhere from 3 to 6 in the entire planet.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      And it's really time for him to move on. He's not the first player that got traded. And he's not going to be the last.

I believe he said some stuff on Twitter. Clippers got a lot of bad press for the trade. Not sure if Raptors are getting more or it just feels like it because we're in the middle of it this time.

Comment

I believe he said some stuff on Twitter. Clippers got a lot of bad press for the trade. Not sure if Raptors are getting more or it just feels like it because we're in the middle of it this time.
                        Raptors are getting more because it involved Kawhi Leonard, our player lashed out, and fuck Canada. Also demar is seen as innocent harmless and loveable. Blake punched out a trainer a year or 2 ago

Comment

There really was not as much backlash against the Clippers as there is right now against the Raptors. It has been a WEEK now and media members are still going after us.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Raptors are getting more because it involved Kawhi Leonard, our player lashed out, and fuck Canada. Also demar is seen as innocent harmless and loveable. Blake punched out a trainer a year or 2 ago
                            Also Demar is as loyal as it gets, there is that too.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              That's the comparison I made earlier. He was also blind sided. He was probably pretty choked but he posted a couple funny memes and then reported to Detroit. And they traded him for role players and picks, demar got traded for a player that ranks anywhere from 3 to 6 in the entire planet.
                              Dude, your girl leaves you for another man it's gonna hurt. Don't matter if it's with Brad Pitt.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                You love confrontation don’t you. Right up in someone’s grill for an innocuous statement. Let’s start the dialogue with the soft opening line of your a liar.

Let’s throw out the hint of racism...

Of course you did. You are like the Pope of RR. Infallible.

A little more race baiting here. Let’s toss out the line from the Fox Network talking head Laura Ingram. Let’s see if someone rises to the race baiting then go all in on that. Not that you have ever done this before.

Still open minded on the debate. Prove to me verbatim what I have been hinting at between the lines.

They are exactly the same thing. If your untouchable that means you aren’t going to be traded. No ? For a race baiter that deals heavily in double entendres you do see the similarities in using different words or phrases that mean the same thing.

Can’t say that you’ve been sorely missed waiting out your ban.
                                I haven't mentioned anything about race.

People look at players that way in many different sports (it's actually worse in the Premier League than the NBA for example). I just take issue with it. Hell people even look at regular life that way. You should be loyal to the place you work, but it doesn't have to be loyal to you. Makes no fucking sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X