This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Also Demar is as loyal as it gets, there is that too.
    What made demar any more loyal than Blake? Honest question
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Raptors are getting more because it involved Kawhi Leonard, our player lashed out, and fuck Canada. Also demar is seen as innocent harmless and loveable. Blake punched out a trainer a year or 2 ago
      I definitely think that US media are a bit up in arms that the Canadian team got Kawhi. I'm sure they wanted to see him go to the Lakers or Boston so it could set-up an epic match up in the playoffs. But Canada ruined it for them. How dare they.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        The interview validated the very reason he was traded.
        What?? He was traded because the Raptors had a shot to get Kawhi Leonard, and DeMar isn't anywhere near the level of player Kawhi is. Not sure what part of that the interview validates.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Dude, your girl leaves you for another man it's gonna hurt. Don't matter if it's with Brad Pitt.
          What if i don't have feelings for that girl anymore?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Dude, your girl leaves you for another man it's gonna hurt. Don't matter if it's with Brad Pitt.
            Yes and I totally get that. Just stop making Masai out to be some snake oil salesman or liar. I think thats the story he's sticking with to give something to have beef with, when in reality he's just reality he's just really fucking upset he no longer has the keys to the franchise he was the face of for his entire career

Comment

I think the difference is that DeMar has been basically the model citizen and from a personality standpoint showed everything any team wants to see from its star player.

Blake broke his hand punching an equipment manager.

That said, what the Clippers did to Blake is way worse than what the Raptors did to DeMar. Like we're not even talking about the same conversation of sliminess.

Comment

• Terrific article from Eric Koreen for Athletic subscribers:
                https://theathletic.com/445355/2018/...-past-anymore/

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  Terrific article from Eric Koreen for Athletic subscribers:
                  https://theathletic.com/445355/2018/...-past-anymore/
                  I can't believe a blog out there charges people. Doesn't seem sustainable.

Comment

Re-signing without meeting with another team comes to mind. I think the media as usual blows everything out of proportion because its the Raptors, its Canada, Derozan is the first star to want to stay and play here, so on and so forth.

Comment

Yes and I totally get that. Just stop making Masai out to be some snake oil salesman or liar. I think thats the story he's sticking with to give something to have beef with, when in reality he's just reality he's just really fucking upset he no longer has the keys to the franchise he was the face of for his entire career
                      I think you have to be a bit of a snake oil salesman to be a good NBA executive and I don't think Masai's any different.

Comment

Pass
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

News business is expensive af. Look at all equity firms buying up news companies and laying off people just to make profit.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            What?? He was traded because the Raptors had a shot to get Kawhi Leonard, and DeMar isn't anywhere near the level of player Kawhi is. Not sure what part of that the interview validates.
                            You think they'd take that kind of risk if DD wasn't a player who buckled in the playoffs like a chair made out of toothpicks when confronted with the ass of Charles Barkley? I don't think so.

Comment

I'm happy to pay it honestly, they do good work all around and there's no need to be click-baity for advertisers.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                You think they'd take that kind of risk if DD wasn't a player who buckled in the playoffs like a chair made out of toothpicks when confronted with the ass of Charles Barkley? I don't think so.
                                So you're asking if we saw regular season DeMar in the playoffs whether this deal would still be done.

The answer is yes, because DeMar wasn't the difference in any of those series losses to Cleveland. They would have won a few more games, sure, maybe Casey would still be here, but they'd still have that same ceiling where they aren't good enough to complete for the Finals - because they don't have a top 15 player much less the top 5 one you need.

DeRozan isn't good enough, playoff or regular season version.

Comment

Working...
                                X