X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Hinkie angered the basketball gods. Bad karma.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Hinkie angered the basketball gods. Bad karma.
        I'd say BC's wife's burner account was also partly responsible.

Comment

• This is legit why Lebron went to LA:

From a basketball perspective I have a hard time with this proposition, but seeing how he's kicking production and off-court initiatives into high gear - is Lebron even planning to win another ring? He'll be 34 this season. He signed with a bad team that some think may not even make the playoffs. He's been to 8 Finals already. Even if everything goes amazingly with a roster rebuild in LA, he'll be 35 or 36 by the time they're ready to go at the 4th round.

Maybe Lebron has bigger goals than basketball. Maybe he's already moving on.
          Last edited by S.R.; Tue Aug 7, 2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

This is legit why Lebron went to LA:

From a basketball perspective I have a hard time with this proposition, but seeing how he's kicking production and off-court initiatives into high gear - is Lebron even planning to win another ring? He'll be 34 this season. He signed with a bad team that some think may not even make the playoffs. He's been to 8 Finals already. Even if everything goes amazingly with a roster rebuild in LA, he'll be 35 or 36 by the time they're ready to go at the 4th round.

He's going full blown Hollywood.

Makes a lot of sense why it was LA or bust for him. He doesn't give a crap about winning another ring. Took the 4 year max deal and called it a day. He'll need all that money to produce all this shit he's working on. Hopefully some of it makes money and he doesn't waste his fortune.

Comment

This is legit why Lebron went to LA:

Did this surprise anyone? Didn't think he went there to play with Lonzo & Kuz to win championships? This could go 1 of 2 ways (1) other FA superstars will look at Lebron and see that he's obviously not 150% focused on winning and mentally checked out of the NBA already and avoid the Lakers, or (2) they will jump on the Lebron bandwagon to get more exposure for their own personal brands, regardless. Next off-season will be fascinating.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Did this surprise anyone? Didn't think he went there to play with Lonzo & Kuz to win championships? This could go 1 of 2 ways (1) other FA superstars will look at Lebron and see that he's obviously not 150% focused on winning and mentally checked out of the NBA already and avoid the Lakers, or (2) they will jump on the Lebron bandwagon to get more exposure for their own personal brands, regardless. Next off-season will be fascinating.
                Yeah, I had assumed the guys who would join him even this summer would be higher calibre than Javale McGee and and Lance Stephenson.

They have to score a top FA next summer.

Comment

• Okafor agrees to a deal with the Pelicans

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Looks like the same thing Ben went through.

Meanwhile in the desert...

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Okafor agrees to a deal with the Pelicans
                      He's the best there is in the league right now at warming the bench. Great footwork, very aware and with a high IQ.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        LeBron just wants to increase his brand, make movies and do Sprite commercials now. Maybe he'll take a run at Governor of Weirdifornia now like Arnie did? I'd bet a dollar he gets more injuries this season as the reality of the Lakers situation sets in and other high profile FA want nothing to do with that circus.

Comment

• LeBron's pitch to Kawhi...

LeBron: Let's get one thing straight, I would never tell you to the join the Lakers even if I was in a meeting about telling you to join the Lakers, which I am. I wouldn't tell you to join us. Even if you were holding a sobbing Kyle Lowry in the locker room after a game five elimination loss to the Warriors, I still wouldn't tell you to join the thirst quenching Lakers...

Comment

• NCAA has made a number of changes

Full release can be read here: http://www.ncaa.org/about/committed-change

of note for the NBA (from hoopsrumors.com)

The NCAA will allow college players who declare for the NBA draft as early entrants to keep their names in the draft and then return to school if they’re not selected. The previous system forced early entrants to make a decision within 10 days of the conclusion of the draft combine — if they remained in the draft after that point, they lost their NCAA eligibility.
                            Note that it's early entrants only who are eligible to go back to school

Also

Additionally, the NCAA will also allow “elite” high school basketball recruits and college players to be represented by agents. Those agents must be certified by an NCAA program with “standards for behavior and consequences for violations.”

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                              NCAA has made a number of changes

Full release can be read here: http://www.ncaa.org/about/committed-change

of note for the NBA (from hoopsrumors.com)

Note that it's early entrants only who are eligible to go back to school

Also
                              This is some good progress finally. Next step would be to get these guys paid while they are in college.

Comment

• So Raptors will have two nationally televised game in the opening week of the regular season:

Boston/Washington back to back.

Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X