Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this pride talking? I wish it were real.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      Who says no first?

Timberwolves offer Wiggins (keep in mind that cash) for OG, Siakam and Delon.

If Raptors, What about just OG for Wiggins?
      Nope. Don't want Wiggins here, we just finally assembled pieces that can provide a coherent team defence without having to hide someone on D most of the time. If he was here, there'd be a whole again that could be exploited.

Comment

Who says no first?

Everybody - except those same casual Raptors fans who bashed Masai for trading DeMar and getting Kawhi. Those people will be ecstatic. "Hey, we're getting Maple Jordan... the best prospect since Lebron" is what they'll probably say.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          The Ringer ran two pieces - best frontcourts and best backcourts, but a) excluded SFs from those rankings entirely, and b) slid guys up and down positions willy nilly. And yet, did not slide Kawhi into the front or back court. On top of that, ignoring Valanciunas, and sliding Siakam to the 5 for some reason, they also wrote in their backcourt piece that Lowry might lose his starting spot to FVV this year...
          At this point, my rule of thumb for any writing at the Ringer is: if it wasn't by Kevin O'Connor, don't bother.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Who says no first?

Oh god.

Let me put it this way: if the Timberwolves offered Wiggins for any ONE of OG, Wright or Siakam, I'd say no but they wouldn't hear me because I'd have hung up so hard the phone broke.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
              I think rebounding would be the biggest issue with that lineup.
              Yes that's why it's situational. But if the other team doesn't have a banger on the floor that lineup is disgusting. Even if they do you might be able to get away with it anyway.

Obviously you don't dare play that if Embiid is on the floor for Philly late. But against Boston with Horford at the 5 and Hayward-Brown-Tatum at the 2-3-4, having that switchability would be huge. Think about it. Kyrie can't even create a mismatch off a screen against that lineup, because all 5 guys can guard him.
              Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Fri Sep 21, 2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Oh god.

Let me put it this way: if the Timberwolves offered Wiggins for any ONE of OG, Wright or Siakam, I'd say no but they wouldn't hear me because I'd have hung up so hard the phone broke.
                Even for just Wright? Granted we would be in salary hell for 5 years. How the once popular Wiggins has fallen...

Comment

• RIP, his heart and passion during the rookie year (in this one game) will not be forgotten.

But maybe only Sam Mitchell was able to get the young guys to play. Thibs might be too much for the new generation of players that like the rest and chill during practices.

Comment

Even for just Wright? Granted we would be in salary hell for 5 years. How the once popular Wiggins has fallen...
                    Yep. Stephen Jackson just said out loud what people have been saying about Wiggins since he was kid phenom.... No heart. At some point, you simply are what you do.

Comment

RIP, his heart and passion during the rookie year (in this one game) will not be forgotten.

But maybe only Sam Mitchell was able to get the young guys to play. Thibs might be too much for the new generation of players that like the rest and chill during practices.
                      You can't coach heart.

“Do you think I play hard because of a coach?” Noah asks. “Do you think Jimmy plays hard because of a coach? Do you think Derrick plays hard because of a coach?”
                      https://deadspin.com/tom-thibodeau-i...ght-1702715254

Comment

• This article did not age well.

Noah is in the trees eating magic mushrooms talking to plants

Butler is a class a prick demanding trades

And Derrick? Let's not talk about Derrick
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Zach Lowe has a take on the Butler situation:
                          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-jimmy-butler

TORONTO
                          I didn't really get the early Raptors/Butler buzz. Minnesota should not want Serge Ibaka or Jonas Valanciunas. A package of Danny Green, Fred VanVleet (ineligible to be traded until Jan. 15) and a protected first-round pick could work, but the Raptors know they have to be ready to rebuild if Leonard bolts. I'm not sure they want to dip any further into their stash of picks and young guys -- VanVleet, Delon Wright, OG Anunoby, and Pascal Siakam -- to recruit another star on an expiring deal.

Comment

• I mean if the price was actually Danny Green, FVV and a protected 1st at the deadline, I pay that immediately. We have Wright to play backup PG and Butler basically just replaces Green at the 2. If you think about it that would basically be DeMar, FVV, Poeltl and 2 protected 1sts for Kawhi and Jimmy Butler.

As long as the protection is good enough that we could still hypothetically tank in 2020, 2021, etc and keep our pick I'm down for that.

Comment

• It's my opinion that butler may hurt our chances of keeping Kawhi rather than helping them

Meaning in other words, more likely we have neither guy, and less young assets in 2019 if we do it

And Lowry butler Kawhi and a weak bench still loses to the warriors in 5 maybe 6 in 2018
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                It's my opinion that butler may hurt our chances of keeping Kawhi rather than helping them

Meaning in other words, more likely we have neither guy, and less young assets in 2019 if we do it

And Lowry butler Kawhi and a weak bench still loses to the warriors in 5 maybe 6 in 2018
                                But I mean that trade doesn't even make our bench weak.

Lowry/Wright
                                Butler/Miles
                                Kawhi/OG
                                Ibaka/Siakam
                                JV/Monroe

and Powell would STILL be 11th man lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X