This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Imagine trading DeRozan, a guy who's loyal to the franchise, never even talked to other teams including the Lakers when he became a FA a couple of years ago for a guy like Kawhi who doesn't want to play here and might sit out the entire year if he gets traded here?

Again, if what Cris Carter saying is true. Then Kawhi can just go fuck himself. Dude sounds like the biggest primadonna in the history of basketball.
    Again - there are two reasons for trading DeMar for Kawhi.

One, to get Kawhi, a true top end talent who can change the outlook for the Raptors.

Two, to move a ball dominant player who would force Kawhi into a specific role, because DeMar and Kawhi aren't a perfect fit, which potentially increases the chance of keeping Kawhi after this year.

Don't read too much into what Cris Carter is saying - he's been predicting Kawhi to the Lakers for nearly a year, of course he is still trying to talk himself into that.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Again - there are two reasons for trading DeMar for Kawhi.

One, to get Kawhi, a true top end talent who can change the outlook for the Raptors.

Two, to move a ball dominant player who would force Kawhi into a specific role, because DeMar and Kawhi aren't a perfect fit, which potentially increases the chance of keeping Kawhi after this year.

Don't read too much into what Cris Carter is saying - he's been predicting Kawhi to the Lakers for nearly a year, of course he is still trying to talk himself into that.
        You don't trade DeRozan or any of the young players for a guy who's not going to play here. PERIOD.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I've never seen Kawhi uncle Dennis, but I picture beanie sigel

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Of course, if Carter is just making things up(which is also possible). Then for sure i would trade for Kawhi.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Of course, if Carter is just making things up(which is also possible). Then for sure i would trade for Kawhi.
              Where there's smoke there's fire. Nobody seems to be making any real offers for him...Gregg popovich can't get through to him..he(kawhi) never speaks to clear his side of the story..

I mean where's the good offers here? This guys supposedly s top 5 player? Pg13 top 15 player had multiple decent offers and indy took Oladipo and sabonis basically equal DeRozan and peoltl for a healthy Kawhi. But nobody wants to touch this dude. This smells fuckin funky and I don't like it.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Anybody still defending this dude? Shaolin? Mixxaor?

Is he sti continuing to be a prima donna because tony parker hurt his feelings once?

If I'm the spurs at this point I leave him out to dry. Sit 2 years. Fuck up your big contract, and lose 2 prime seasons and some skill because you're not playing with the best.

What he "wants" is not fucking important. You're under contract for 11 more months to play basketball (a fucking game) for whoever employer acquired you. Moron.
                The worst part of all this is that Kawahi himself doesn't open his mouth and say anything. He just has other people speaking for him which is so cowardly. His name is being dragged through the dirt, but he refuses to say a word. Doesn't he realize he's going to have to answer the questions at some point?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Agree was thinking the same thing. You can't do Derozan dirty like that. This sounds like it has a very real chance of blowing up in your face and making you look like a Mickey mouse franchise way worse than the Babcock and Vince debacle did. Could set back all this culture progress.

My best offer now is Ibaka Powell and a pick. Otherwise kick rocks.

Uncle Dennis is gonna learn real quick how fast your name can plummet in this league.
                  Yeah; at this point; if they want to get rid of Kawhi; they have to offer US something to sweeten the deal. Ibaka, Powell and a pick swap. Or they can throw on some future picks because this dude really does sound like poison at this point. Or that he's hanging out with some REALLY bad influencers.

I'm almost looking at this trade less like us getting Kawhi and more us getting out of Ibaka.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I don't believe Cris Carter has anything. If reputable NBA reporters start leaking he is saying no to Toronto then I'll bite. Toronto isn't going to keep trying to do a deal, if they're completely unsure he'll even play for them. Hell, Toronto might leak to those media that Kawhi said no, just so the fanbase doesn't lambast Masai for not trying or whatever.

Where else is he gonna go? If both LA teams are out on the trading... Think he'd stay in SA? He has to play next year, or he is not going to get a huge deal.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      The worst part of all this is that Kawahi himself doesn't open his mouth and say anything. He just has other people speaking for him which is so cowardly. His name is being dragged through the dirt, but he refuses to say a word. Doesn't he realize he's going to have to answer the questions at some point?
                      Kawhi's uncle has completely ruined Kawhi's career and reputation. And Kawhi is too STUPID to realize it lol. Dude still listens to his uncle.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Best offer - Powell, 2019 1st, and Wright.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think it's easy to assume we know what's going on in Leonard's head, but the plain facts are that the guy hasn't spoken one word. Everything is rumors, conjecture, and hearsay. Many people are saying he's getting bad advice from his uncle, and I think this reeks of his uncle's desperation to get him to LA this summer.

Remember, Kawhi only gets 4yrs/$140 million if he signs as a free agent in LA next summer. Turning down the Spurs supermax of 5yrs/$219 million would cost him almost $80 million of guaranteed money. If he tries to work out a sign and trade with his new team (5/190), it could gut LA to get him, like Melo/New York, so that would be an unlikely option.

So if you've been giving your nephew bad advice and turned him into one of the NBA's top villains, you are going to rattle your sword to wave off teams like Toronto.

And it will probably work. At this point I'd much rather go after Jimmy Butler. But I don't think some third-hand messages from Cris Carter should be viewed as truly substantive.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Wait...Sacto is trading Temple away to get back McLemore?

The age old question remains: what the actual fuck is going on in Sacramento? I guess they're high on Davis(?).
                            The trade gives Sacramento an extra 2m or so in cap room. They're almost certainly going to extend a big offer sheet to one of Marcus Smart or Montrezl Harrell - probably Smart. Assuming that's the case, it's a smart trade for Sacramento.

Comment

Kawhi's uncle has completely ruined Kawhi's career and reputation. And Kawhi is too STUPID to realize it lol. Dude still listens to his uncle.
                              Simply put; anyone needs to tell Kawhi his uncle is [blanking] up his money. That's the easiest/fastest way to explain the situation.

If the stuff coming from that camp is true; I'm not willing to move anyone for the guy outside of a package based around Ibaka. Not willing to move DD, KL or JV for this regardless of how good a player Kawhi is. That stuff can turn a locker room real toxic real fast.

Ibaka, Powell, 1st 2019 for Kawhi and Pau
                              Last edited by Just Is; Tue Jul 17, 2018, 12:14 PM.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I was watching his highlights video on Youtube yesterday, and barely a celebration after any of those plays. Maybe a little fist pump. I get it the guys is soft spoken, but this is your career that is being ruined and worst of all, if he ever plans on playing professionally again he will have to be in front of media at some point and answer these questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X