Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We The Silent. Imagine how silent the locker room is going to be with these players. No Yak, just Skills, Fred, Norm, Kawhi, OG, Ibaka, Lowry without his best buddy, I can only imagine JV trying to make everyone laugh by doing something goofy, unsuccessfully of course.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Imagine in 2015 hearing the raps starting lineup would be

Kyle Lowry
      Danny green
      Kawhi Leonard
      Serge ibaka
      Jonas valanciunas

You'd say no way stfu let's plan the championship parade

Then they say oh wait forgot to mention golden state made the monstars
      I think the most recent impression of the Warriors is that they swept the Cav's. Let's put that into perspective though. The Cav's were trash this year and had nobody other than LeBron out there on the same level as those guys. Houston took them to the limit and the Pels and Spurs were able to take a game each when those teams weren't anywhere near a legit contender.

As a team they are hard to guard because they have so many scoring options, but when you have multiple good defenders they aren't nearly as invincible as they seem. Toronto now has multiple good defenders.

Comment

Yet that 4th pick had like 3% chance of ever being Kawhi Leonard
        Of course in hindsight it looks terrible. But if the plan was a rebuild that was a good deal.

I'm so surprised DeMar had this much value though. I mean the Spurs basically traded for just him (those other assets aren't worth that much).

Comment

• The Raps are set up so well for a GS matchup if we get there.

Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Ibaka against their Hampton's 5 lineup can hang defensively.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            We The Silent. Imagine how silent the locker room is going to be with these players. No Yak, just Skills, Fred, Norm, Kawhi, OG, Ibaka, Lowry without his best buddy, I can only imagine JV trying to make everyone laugh by doing something goofy, unsuccessfully of course.
            Silence is golden.

There was alot of goofiness this season and goofiness is what we got against the Cavs. A trade like this sends a message "This is business first and foremost and failing has a heavy price to pay".

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Maybe this will be enough to win Uncle Dennis over.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                No free agent is going to give a shit that we dealt Demar for a league MVP candidate a year or two prior. We didn't do him dirty, we sent him to the best coach in the league and one of the most historically winning franchises is all of sports. We also sent him there on a near max deal, so he got paid too. If DD wants to blame someone he should blame himself for shitting the bed in the playoffs year after year necessitating this kind of deal.

Has there ever been a free agent who said he signed somewhere because of their loyalty family brand?
                Not to mention that it has been reported numerous times that NO ONE on the Raptors were untouchable this off season!

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Not to mention that it has been reported numerous times that NO ONE on the Raptors were untouchable this off season!
                  I hate the word untouchable. There's always something that can make your team better.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    No free agent is going to give a shit that we dealt Demar for a league MVP candidate a year or two prior. We didn't do him dirty, we sent him to the best coach in the league and one of the most historically winning franchises is all of sports. We also sent him there on a near max deal, so he got paid too. If DD wants to blame someone he should blame himself for shitting the bed in the playoffs year after year necessitating this kind of deal.

Has there ever been a free agent who said he signed somewhere because of their loyalty family brand?
                    Your opinion as a fan is miles off what players are saying today around the league.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• It sounds weird when you're talking about as well run an organization as the Spurs but Masai has had luck trading with them in the past. Not Dolan luck, but some good results.

Comment

I hate the word untouchable. There's always something that can make your team better.
                        True, but it has bee reported a lot that everyone on the Raptors is up for sale. Of course no one in the NBA is untouchable since there's always someone who can make your team better (except maybe if your name is LeBron, Curry or Durant). Point being that there was already a lot of forewarning that Demar will get traded in the right deal, so no real surprises.

Comment

• Biggest trade in Raptors history.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Biggest trade in Raptors history.
                              Biggest 5 trades in Raptors history:
                              1. This one
                              2. Rudy Gay trade - because of the era it kicked off
                              3. Vince Carter trade
                              4. Trading first round pick for Kyle Lowry
                              5. Bargnani Trade

Did I miss one?
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Maybe this will be enough to win Uncle Dennis over.
                                Maybe we shouldn't even issue a visa to Uncle Dennis.

Comment

Working...
                                X