This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post

LMAO as if this dude wouldn't sign immediately if we offered him a contract.
    Who gives a fuck what NBA hasbeen that never was thinking in a time like this?!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      What superstars have we signed via FA? Are you talking about Kyle and DeMar, re-signing? Demar's choices at the time were: (a) much less money with the sad sack Lakers or (b) max dollars with an EC contender and etching his legacy on a franchise. No brainer, IMO. Lowry actually did test his market value seriously and found the market soft and came running back to a nice payday.

This will have no impact whatsoever.
      Sorry, forgot the /s or pink text.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Actually, false positive there, Keon. No sarcasm at all.

When push comes to shove, if you own Bird Rights and are in a winning situation, most players and their agents can talk themselves into staying with the situation they're already in. Kawhi might be the exception because he's a strange cat, but PG is more typical of guys always talking like they want to leave and don't want the money, but then taking the money. So, if we have to flip Kawhi for another star at the deadline and we own his Bird Rights, I'm pretty sure he'll re-sign here. The days of Bosh, VC and T-Mac aren't going to return.

Comment

• I'm happy with the trade, the media just likes to shit on anything we do.

Comment

• Great breakdown of the trade:
            https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/18/ka...winners-losers

TL;DR - We Won. And "the Masai Mystique" is back.

Comment

• What can't be lost is losing your fans interest in the regular season. I was lucky enough to go to 30+ raptors games this year, if the roster didn't change I doubt I would have go to more than 3. This restores faith in the franchise, and their willingness to take the moves necessary to compete for a championship. They couldn't have rolled back the same team.

Comment

• Since when is every player out there bitter about an organization (that they aren't even a part of) trading someone? This is very weird to me. I thought everyone was overly familiar with the fact that "it's a business"?

Like did people really think DeMar was untouchable? Or is this about him maybe being told he wasn't being traded at summer league? Or just because DeMar is well liked around the league?

I don't get it. Are organizations usually attacked like this for a trade?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Since when is every player out there bitter about an organization (that they aren't even a part of) trading someone? This is very weird to me. I thought everyone was overly familiar with the fact that "it's a business"?

Like did people really think DeMar was untouchable? Or is this about him maybe being told he wasn't being traded at summer league? Or just because DeMar is well liked around the league?

It shows their opinion of Toronto. It's like "wow he wanted to play here and you shipped him out" like dumping a girl and all your homies are like "shit that's the best you can do why you dump her"
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• if KD can sign with Warriors, Raps can do whatever the fuck they want.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Since when is every player out there bitter about an organization (that they aren't even a part of) trading someone? This is very weird to me. I thought everyone was overly familiar with the fact that "it's a business"?

The reaction is similar to Boston moving IT.

It's moreso about the expectation of loyalty from a player to a team but it not being returned. I do find some of the players commenting it pretty funny especially after they were making fun of Toronto post sweep [Kanter specificially comes to mind].
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

It's moreso about the expectation of loyalty from a player to a team but it not being returned. I do find some of the players commenting it pretty funny especially after they were making fun of Toronto post sweep [Kanter specificially comes to mind].
                        Plus I think part of it is demar is literally one of the most popular beloved guys in the league. They all think hes cooler than the other side of the pillow
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just saw that there is still some interest in Andrew Wiggins for us.

Do we go for it?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

I think one detail that's being overlooked is that the front office specifically told DeMar he would not be traded during summer league, even as we'd been working on trades for two weeks.

Now I understand not wanting to tip our hand if it got out, because the certainty that DD was involved may have forced other teams to up their offers, but there was always the danger that the Spurs could have used DD as leverage anyway.

So to not tell a guy who'd been here 9 years is what smells worst about all this to me, and likely factors into the general reaction.

Still, I can understand the poker involved. It's just not a great look.

Comment

• One thing to keep in mind, the Raptors only play San Antonio twice a year - once in Texas, once in Toronto

In the 2017-18 season, the Raptors hosted San Antonio on January 19
                              In the 2016-17 season, the Raptors hosted San Antonio on January 24
                              In the 2015-16 season, the Raptors hosted San Antonio on December 9
                              In the 2014-15 season, the Raptors hosted San Antonio on February 8
                              In the 2013-14 season, the Raptors hosted San Antonio on December 10

Taking a quick look through weather forecasts, it seems like temperatures were relatively 'normal' for that time of year (right around the freezing mark), but perhaps some of Kawhi's purported reticence to Toronto is because every single time he's been here, it's been cold out (including when Toronto hosted the ASG and it was REALLY cold)

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                Just saw that there is still some interest in Andrew Wiggins for us.

Do we go for it?
                                Source?

And no.

Comment

Working...
                                X