X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    I'm going to cry if he drops 40 on OG or Kawhi
    Would you really be surprised if he did tho? You know his first game back in Toronto will be a fiery one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Spurs already traded Jak?
      No I mean Portis would be a good pickup, we have a trade exception from trading Jakob. Attach a 2nd rounder and we have more depth at the 4/5

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        No I mean Portis would be a good pickup, we have a trade exception from trading Jakob. Attach a 2nd rounder and we have more depth at the 4/5
        I think the Bulls are really high on Portis and wouldn't want to just salary dump him. He got into a fight with Mirotic.. but they traded Mirotic and kept Portis.

We'd probably have to send a first rounder or an actual prospect like Wright in exchange. And I'm not sure I'd want to to do that even if we need a 4th big.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

DeMar will always be Toronto! We miss him and wish him the best in San Antonio. But it was time to move on. Like many people about Vince, I hope he can come back at the end of his career and finish his career as a Raptor as he should!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Class act, and he will be missed!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I think the Bulls are really high on Portis and wouldn't want to just salary dump him. He got into a fight with Mirotic.. but they traded Mirotic and kept Portis.

We'd probably have to send a first rounder or an actual prospect like Wright in exchange. And I'm not sure I'd want to to do that even if we need a 4th big.
            I'm high on Wright, there's no way I would trade a first or him to get Portis. Just trying to find teams with PF/C depth

Comment

I'm high on Wright, there's no way I would trade a first or him to get Portis. Just trying to find teams with PF/C depth
              I agree, and it's good to have the PG depth with Wright here.

Norm, Miles and maybe Green are the pieces I would dangle trying to find a big. I wouldn't attach anything more than a 2nd rounder to any of them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Funny how during summer league following that draft the talking point was how Masai passed on Portis to draft Wright.

Doesn’t seem like a bad choice now does it

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I agree, and it's good to have the PG depth with Wright here.

Norm, Miles and maybe Green are the pieces I would dangle trying to find a big. I wouldn't attach anything more than a 2nd rounder to any of them.
                  I'm keeping Green if we can, but ya, Norm and Miles are definitely the ones to put out there and see what we can get back. Exactly what I'm doing in 2k18 right now ... the market isn't hot on them ... Lol

Comment

Holmes from 76 would have been OK, but we are too late.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      I'm going to cry if he drops 40 on OG or Kawhi
                      Maybe in the regular season, but if we meet in the finals thats not happening.

Comment

• If the fans want to make Kawhi truly feel welcome, when Pistons come to town boo the hell out of Zaza.
                        Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Jul 21, 2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• If Webster and Ujiri are still trying to pursue additional moves...is there a viable trade between Toronto and Minnesota to swap Lowry for Jimmy Butler?

Any scenarios to make the salaries match?
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sat Jul 21, 2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• They already have Teague and all reports coming from the bulls and wolves he is not an easy team mate to be around

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              If Webster and Ujiri are still trying to pursue additional moves...is there a viable trade between Toronto and Minnesota to swap Lowry for Jimmy Butler?

Any scenarios to make the salaries match?
                              People have been throwing this around.. I love Jimmy but honestly I don't think it's worth the pursuit. Minny would definitely want a first round pick.. and we gave up our 2019 pick for Kawhi.. So the next available one is in 2021 which should be sacrilegious since we might be tanking that year. Even if we put protections on it, it's tough to give up.

Butler makes $20M (with his trade kicker, and signing bonus). And since we're a tax team we pretty much need $20M (or more to give back to Minny).

You could give Serge and a prospect like Wright for him. But Minny has lots of bigs (KAT, Dieng, Gibson, Toliver). And Serge probably has negative value around the league.. not a guy that someone would love to have for their star player.

So you may have to give up a guy like OG or Siakam.

We could dangle Lowry but not sure I want to do that.. I love Fred, but Lowry has way more impact on this team even with limited minutes. Plus we are craving ball handlers. Jimmy can handle the ball some but that's not his bread and butter. And Lowry might be tight with Jimmy. If we're giving him up than why would he want to stick around after this year? The plan would be to trade and keep him not just have him for one year.

So best offer I could make without really messing up our prospect pool too much would be something like:

Serge+Miles+Wright+2019 second for Butler and Dieng.

Dieng has a pretty awful contract so they might be okay to take on Serge. Although I think they'd rather have one of OG or Siakam instead of Wright like I said earlier

If we can do that deal (with Wright) and sub Gibson for Dieng than I'd prefer it. Gibson only has a year left on his deal and can play PF.. which we'd need if we're giving away Serge.

That's all assuming Butler is even available. Minny might just try to go for it with Butler around and see how far they can get this year and hope for best he resigns.

Comment

• Lowry - VanVleet
                                Green - Smith
                                Leonard - OG
                                Love - Pascal
                                JV - Bebe

Love and Smith for Ibaka, Miles, and Wright

*lowkey don't want to give up Wright, one of my fav players lol
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X