This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I agree if we trading for Clint Capela I am happy with that otherwise go with rosters as is. Only other player I would like to see is keita bates diop he has Rasheed Wallace length shot blocking potential with Glen Robinson scoring.
    OG a Norm and 1st round pick for Keita bates diop?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Meh, even if we didn't, Beverley hasn't been particularly durable, and is basically just a 3 and D PG. All our PGs are far better overall players (except Lorenzo Brown).
      Agreed. Though Beverly is actually exactly who I've looked at for Delon Wright as having potential of "becoming". I think Delon would do right to look at PBs game.

Comment

• Beverley has that "nasty" in him.. it's what Marcus Smart has too. Some of that can help in the playoffs. It can rally a team. Delon is a great player. And I'm glad we have him.. but if we're talking about the finals now.. I'd rather have Bev coming off the bench.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          no need perimeter D is that good
          I want to bieleve but I got to see it

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Beverley has that "nasty" in him.. it's what Marcus Smart has too. Some of that can help in the playoffs. It can rally a team. Delon is a great player. And I'm glad we have him.. but if we're talking about the finals now.. I'd rather have Bev coming off the bench.
            we have a lot PG

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              we have a lot PG
              Yeah that's why I said earlier it won't happen. But I'd take Bev over Delon personally. Just don't see us having interest.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Agreed. Though Beverly is actually exactly who I've looked at for Delon Wright as having potential of "becoming". I think Delon would do right to look at PBs game.
                Delon is already a better offensive player than Beverley. Beverley is a slightly better 3pt shooter, and much worse at everything else.

Delon is also already a very good defensive player with his length, quickness and smarts. I also don't like the kind of "pest" angle guys like Beverley play. Against great players it tends to set them off. Delon doesn't trash talk or try to play dirty, just plays simply good D. I don't know that I'd want Delon to emulate that.

I can't think of a great comparison right now. Delon needs to find some consistency and stay healthy. Physically he gets compared a lot to Livingston. Their games aren't all that similar, especially offensively.

Comment

Beverley has that "nasty" in him.. it's what Marcus Smart has too. Some of that can help in the playoffs. It can rally a team. Delon is a great player. And I'm glad we have him.. but if we're talking about the finals now.. I'd rather have Bev coming off the bench.
                  I disagree. Beverley tries to have that nasty aspect, and I don't know how many times I've seen it backfire. That shit is more likely to fuel the type of talents you'd face in the Finals rather than intimidate them. Especially coming from a guy who is half injured a lot of the time he's on the court.

Comment

Delon is already a better offensive player than Beverley. Beverley is a slightly better 3pt shooter, and much worse at everything else.

Delon is also already a very good defensive player with his length, quickness and smarts. I also don't like the kind of "pest" angle guys like Beverley play. Against great players it tends to set them off. Delon doesn't trash talk or try to play dirty, just plays simply good D. I don't know that I'd want Delon to emulate that.

I can't think of a great comparison right now. Delon needs to find some consistency and stay healthy. Physically he gets compared a lot to Livingston. Their games aren't all that similar, especially offensively.
                    Personally I think you are slightly shorting Beverly (and I love Delon), but that's totally fair and I get it. Beverly's game is definitely something that's subjective in it's perceived "value". I wouldn't trade Delon for Bev, as I think Delon can be a starter, and is a much better play maker already, but I do still think he could learn a thing or two from Bev.

Comment

Yeah that's why I said earlier it won't happen. But I'd take Bev over Delon personally. Just don't see us having interest.
                      Perhaps peak Beverley, but I wouldnt rely on him after a couple serious injuries.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        Perhaps peak Beverley, but I wouldnt rely on him after a couple serious injuries.
                        This is a key point.

I think either way though, his game is overrated. It works fine in the regular season, when you aren't facing an elite guard every night. I don't think it works in the playoffs. It's not going to intimidate anybody who's a top guard. I've never been impressed with Beverley in the playoffs, and he is usually hobbled by that late point in the season.

Comment

• Wouldn’t want this to be our main solution AT ALL.

But, seeing as how our big depth is pretty shallow, would it be worth to bring on Bosh as a vet min?

FO would have to pay the tax on him, which imo should be expected seeing as we’re contending.

But if there’s even a slight chance he’s healthy enough to play he’s a huge boost and a perfect fit as a center in today’s nba.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            My only worry is our ability to hide JV if we can keep him home around the rim then he is fine. 15 ft out or more and it’s a issue. Was looking at diamond and 1 zone defence that could keep him home but our team maybe better off suited for man to man
                            JV has typically played quite well on single coverage when he didn't have to worry about helping every tome a guard lost their cover. If he has to hover around the rim to stop drives to the basket, then a big with a three point shot is going to kill him. But if he is free to step outside, not many bugs are going to drive past him. He doesn't bite on fakes very often... Not twitchy enough.

Comment

Ive always thought Delon’s game is very similar to Fat Lever’s.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Wouldn’t want this to be our main solution AT ALL.

But, seeing as how our big depth is pretty shallow, would it be worth to bring on Bosh as a vet min?

FO would have to pay the tax on him, which imo should be expected seeing as we’re contending.

But if there’s even a slight chance he’s healthy enough to play he’s a huge boost and a perfect fit as a center in today’s nba.
                                No. He has a risk of dying on the court. This season will be enough of a mini circus already without increasing it ten fold
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X