X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Robinson was past his prime in 99.
    Robinson was still good for 20/10, but they played him less minutes IIRC. But tbh, I don't know how legit that '99 championship was. It was the strike shortened season.

Spurs beat the Knicks in the Finals, lead by Camby and Sprewell, lol. In the West, the toughest team they faced was the Lakers, but Kobe was still only in his second year and barely out of high school. They beat the Blazers, whose best player was Damon Stoudamire, lol.

Comment

Still good but not the same David Robinson. Robinson at his best was a perennial 25/10 player.

Tim Duncan was already the best player on the Spurs in 99 and it's not close.
      Hey I'm not arguing tim Duncan is great. He is more than great. I'm just saying you can't dump on teams 2nd and 3rd best players for titles, because they've all needed the support guys. MJ included.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Still good but not the same David Robinson. Robinson at his best was a perennial 25/10 player.

David Robinson had a higher PER, WS/48 and BPM than Duncan, by a significant margin in the latter two, in the 98-99 season.

He was certainly not as good as he once was. But he was still insanely good. And the best player on that team, even with Duncan taking the heavier minutes role and spotlight.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Hey I'm not arguing tim Duncan is great. He is more than great. I'm just saying you can't dump on teams 2nd and 3rd best players for titles, because they've all needed the support guys. MJ included.
          So do you think Parker and Ginobili are 1st ballot of famers?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

So do you think Parker and Ginobili are 1st ballot of famers?
            Put it this way: I don't think they should be first ballot, and in fact I dont even like that they get in at all. I believe hall of fame should be hard as hell to achieve, mlb is ridiculously elite to get in. But with the precedent the nba has set over the years? Then yes, absolutely they both should get in

Comment

Put it this way: I don't think they should be first ballot, and in fact I dont even like that they get in at all. I believe hall of fame should be hard as hell to achieve, mlb is ridiculously elite to get in. But with the precedent the nba has set over the years? Then yes, absolutely they both should get in
              if Yao Ming and T-Mac are HOF then it's travesty to not have Parker, Ginobili in it. It's also Basketball Hall of Fame not just NBA and Ginobili is arguably Top 5 international player of all time.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

That's all i was saying lol. They're not hall of famers. But they'll likely get in as 1st ballot hof'ers bec they won multiple championships. They won multiple championships because of Tim Duncan

Jimmy Butler is better than both Ginobili and Parker. But Butler's chances of getting into the hof is pretty slim.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  if Yao Ming and T-Mac are HOF then it's travesty to not have Parker, Ginobili in it. It's also Basketball Hall of Fame not just NBA and Ginobili is arguably Top 5 international player of all time.
                  Yao Ming getting into the HOF was a travesty. Don't get me started on that one.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's all i was saying lol. They're not hall of famers. But they'll likely get in as 1st ballot hof'ers bec they won multiple championships. They won multiple championships because of Tim Duncan

Jimmy Butler is better than both Ginobili and Parker. But Butler's chances of getting into the hof is pretty slim.
                    It depends how the next 4 years are going to go for Butler.

Comment

All Keon was saying was, "Is Ginobili the best bench player of all time?"
                      Nothing about the hall. You spun it with your instant dismissal.

And I'd say the answer is yes.

Talking about Jimmy Buckets -- Jimmy never came off the bench.

Comment

Not saying Duncan was better. But he had a better sidekick than anybody else for that playoff year. That's why he didn't need a top notch wing player. Gotta remember that was still in an era before 'superstars teaming up' crapped on the sanctity of the game.

Comment

• Don't forget it's the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame. Ginobli also had a huge international presence and those Argentina teams made an impact. I think he should be 1st ballot.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yao Ming getting into the HOF was a travesty. Don't get me started on that one.
                            Nobody in China is saying this. Yao's impact on basketball for millions of people outside of North America was huge. The CBA has since emerged as a legitimate overseas alternative league not in Euorpe, which was unheard of before. Again, it's the basketball hall of fame.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• How about those Blue Jays?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                How about those Blue Jays?
                                From ALCS back to back to the worst team of my lifetime- thanks Shapiro/rogers!

Comment

Working...
                                X