This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Are you kidding.... its the no content season right now.... it gives us something to ramble on about...

Its certainly within the realm of possibility he plays 20 to 25 mins a night and no back to backs for the first couple months...
    We can call it the Embiid Protocol...
    That'd definitely be the smart move. Playing at 100%, full intensity is an entirely different thing from shooting around alone.

I still think the Celtics -- with or without Hayward -- are about the same; he's not a superstar, and he doesn't impact the game at a level that would scare opposing teams. He's a high-IQ basketball with average defence, average athleticism, and average size. I don't mean to hate on him, especially after the injury, but I don't think he's that important a puzzle as Kyrie is to the Celtics, or even Horford, for that matter.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Not sure where I got that from... maybe I misread an old article? Clearly the latest news is he looks ready. My bad. I'll never summarize anything I read again until I check the date. I can't find the article. Sorry everyone.
      There were definitely articles along those lines last season during Hayward's injury recovery where there was some question whether they would try to rush him back for the playoffs. So it was probably one of those.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Not sure where I got that from... maybe I misread an old article? Clearly the latest news is he looks ready. My bad. I'll never summarize anything I read again until I check the date. I can't find the article. Sorry everyone.
        No worries uncle puff you're one of the good ones
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          That'd definitely be the smart move. Playing at 100%, full intensity is an entirely different thing from shooting around alone.

I still think the Celtics -- with or without Hayward -- are about the same; he's not a superstar, and he doesn't impact the game at a level that would scare opposing teams. He's a high-IQ basketball with average defence, average athleticism, and average size. I don't mean to hate on him, especially after the injury, but I don't think he's that important a puzzle as Kyrie is to the Celtics, or even Horford, for that matter.
          I took about 12,748 metric tonnes of shit for dedicating an entire thread for a year to the overhyped Boston Celtics when they managed to snake their way through the playoffs to the conference finals. Your not a true blinkers on, screw the logic homer of a fan if you don't have a team that you just love to shit on. For me its the Chowders.

This year they look pretty good. They look a lot like us. They have two good PG's. They have a shit ton of really good wings like the Raps do. They are set for bigs. Sets up for a Photo finish. There is one thing though. Durability. The Raps with Alex McKechnie in sick bay are a pretty durable group. The Chowdas.. well.. lets have a look.

Kyrie Irving is a porcelain doll out of the Kevin Love mould. He rarely plays more than 60-65 games a year and is coming off his 4th knee procedure in 3 years. I will take the under on 70 games played this year.

Al Horford. Consummate pro. Al also has a history of concussions. Lost about dozen games to them last year. Its not like you can take on a regimen to prevent them and those that have a history of concussions usually keep getting them.

Gordon Hayward. Heretofore a bionic man. 75 games played a year. Then last year. Hes back. Lets see if he has it all back. Hope so. Still not sure.

Marcus Notsosmart. That tendon in his hand should have healed up all the way by now. Who would have thought Marcus had a thing for hotel mirrors. Not that we will be able to tell if it affects that piece of shit shot of his.

And that could be enough to tip the scales on who gets out of the East.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Sep 12, 2018, 09:15 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• And Paul Pierce can go fuck himself too. He keeps talking about "championship" but let's face it this guy would never win a champuonship if KG and Allen did not get traded to Boston lol. He was DeRozan before DeRozan. And that's the Truth.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              And Paul Pierce can go fuck himself too. He keeps talking about "championship" but let's face it this guy would never win a champuonship if KG and Allen did not get traded to Boston lol. He was DeRozan before DeRozan. And that's the Truth.

Paul has never got over that the raps picked Vince ahead of him. He Still carries a grudge that during their first few years in the league it was all Vince all day. He has Raptor envey.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Paul has never got over that the raps picked Vince ahead of him. He Still carries a grudge that during their first few years in the league it was all Vince all day. He has Raptor envey.
                Nah. It's more like he thinks the Raps (i.e. Lowry and DeRozan) don't have that god-given "clutch gene".... a trait that Pierce has been lauded for. It's yet another way to prop himself up as an all-time great by cutting somebody else down, even though we now have Finals MVP and traded away DeMar, he's still going to cling to that narrative.

Comment

• Is our roster full now or can we still sign another player? Still a few notable players that haven't signed with a team.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Is our roster full now or can we still sign another player? Still a few notable players that haven't signed with a team.
                    We could still use a couple point guards

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      We could still use a couple point guards
                      haha...I was thinking more depth at PF/C

Comment

• Comment

• he's a forward I think

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

He's going to Minnesota. They're gonna build the all deng team
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Deng man!
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Nah. It's more like he thinks the Raps (i.e. Lowry and DeRozan) don't have that god-given "clutch gene".... a trait that Pierce has been lauded for. It's yet another way to prop himself up as an all-time great by cutting somebody else down, even though we now have Finals MVP and traded away DeMar, he's still going to cling to that narrative.
                                Or..he is a world class dick.

I liked your thoughts.
                                I penned my original Ideas...

but after sober second thoughts

Am going all in with he’s a world class dick.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 13, 2018, 12:27 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X