Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, that would suck for DD, to end up in Minny? Hope not.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is it monday yet?

Comment

• How many games on Sportsnet One? Lol

Sportsnet covers the Raptors like a minor league team. Pre game show, halftime, broadcast team. All brutal.

Just give the rights to TSN already.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          How many games on Sportsnet One? Lol

Sportsnet covers the Raptors like a minor league team. Pre game show, halftime, broadcast team. All brutal.

Tsn only has exclusive rights for cfl, the rest of the sports sportsnet gets now...

And yet still tsn kicks their ass in presentation and sports news nightly ratings
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Is it monday yet?

Lol @ that gif..some intelligent human spent a fair bit of time creating one of the more useless things I've ever seen

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              How many games on Sportsnet One? Lol

I was about to bash Sportsnet with a comment like "Didn't you know there's a Carolina/Buffalo hockey game they need to show on the main channel?" but I guess Sportsnet one is their only national channel now. If i take off my Toronto centric hat, this would allow people across the country to watch the game and leave the regional channels for local matchups. As for Leo...

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                I was about to bash Sportsnet with a comment like "Didn't you know there's a Carolina/Buffalo hockey game they need to show on the main channel?" but I guess Sportsnet one is their only national channel now. If i take off my Toronto centric hat, this would allow people across the country to watch the game and leave the regional channels for local matchups. As for Leo...
                Nah, they broadcast nationally on their regional channels all the time. But they prefer to save those channels for hockey, so they relegate the Raps to the paid channel.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In ranking the Easts best front courts, the ringer took a shit on Ibaka and didn't even mention Valanciunas. Kind of strange

5. Toronto Raptors—OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam
                  One of the hidden benefits of the Kawhi trade is the way it reshuffles Toronto’s rotation. The Raptors have typically started two traditional big men (Serge Ibaka and Jonas Valanciunas in recent seasons), but their standard pairings have long since run their course. In trading DeMar DeRozan to the Spurs, the Raptors obtained two perimeter starters (Kawhi and Danny Green) in return, which will move Anunoby from the 3 to the 4. Anunoby, who had an impressive rookie season despite not having his full range of explosiveness while recovering from ACL surgery, should be even better in a smaller lineup that allows him to take advantage of his athleticism.

The jump from Ibaka to Anunoby could be as big as the one from DeRozan to Kawhi. At 6-foot-8 and 235 pounds with a 7-foot-6 wingspan, Anunoby can guard players at all five positions, forming an elite defensive duo on the wings with Kawhi. He’s as good a 3-point shooter as Ibaka (37.1 percent on 2.7 attempts per game last season), and he’s not nearly as limited when it comes to putting the ball on the floor and making plays on the move. He will be able to expand his offensive game further now that he can take bigger and slower 4s off dribble.

Siakam should also benefit from moving up on the position spectrum. His biggest weakness is outside shooting, which is less of a problem at the 5. Siakam is one of the fastest centers in the league, and he has a good feel for the game. Casey’s refusal to play him and Anunoby together in their playoff loss to Cleveland was mind-boggling. The Raptors won 59 games last season, but they still have room to improve.
                  https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/9...018-19-preview

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    In ranking the Easts best front courts, the ringer took a shit on Ibaka and didn't even mention Valanciunas. Kind of strange

The Ringer ran two pieces - best frontcourts and best backcourts, but a) excluded SFs from those rankings entirely, and b) slid guys up and down positions willy nilly. And yet, did not slide Kawhi into the front or back court. On top of that, ignoring Valanciunas, and sliding Siakam to the 5 for some reason, they also wrote in their backcourt piece that Lowry might lose his starting spot to FVV this year...
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In ranking the Easts best front courts, the ringer took a shit on Ibaka and didn't even mention Valanciunas. Kind of strange

I agree with a lot of that. I only have pretty much two issues playing OG & Siakam at the PF & C together:

1. Their speed and versatility won't offset how much weaker we'd be on the glass (they're both below average rebounders, and ideally you have at least one of your 4/5 spot to be strong at that)
                      2. I'd like to see another solid year out OG before expecting a lot out of him. Powell also had a great year then slumped. I think he'll be great but I wanna see how his sophomore year goes.

That said, an OG/Siakam pairing on the floor at the same time can be really strong. The combination of speed, defence, back-cutting instincts (OG) and passing/playmaking (Siakam), is an exciting prospect, so I'd like to see them together. To me one of the most well balanced and powerful lineups on this team would be: Lowry/Kawhi/OG/Siakam/JV. Doesn't have to necessarily be the starting lineup imo, but I'm hoping we'll see a lot of it.

Comment

I sometimes forget how big OG is. 6'8", 235 is basically a young Charles Oakley.

But Siakam a center? Maybe in dire situations, but not on a nightly basis.

Comment

• I think The Ringer did that because they think the OG-Siakam 4-5 combo could be our best one.

I agree, not for the whole game and not to start but a closing lineup of Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Siakam could really be a death lineup, especially if Siakam becomes even slightly reliable from 3. Can switch everything, everyone can shoot, everyone can defend at a high level.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I sometimes forget how big OG is. 6'8", 235 is basically a young Charles Oakley.

But Siakam a center? Maybe in dire situations, but not on a nightly basis.
                            Siakam at centre, for me, would be very situational, i.e. palying Golden State if they play Draymond at 5.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              I think The Ringer did that because they think the OG-Siakam 4-5 combo could be our best one.

I agree, not for the whole game and not to start but a closing lineup of Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Siakam could really be a death lineup, especially if Siakam becomes even slightly reliable from 3. Can switch everything, everyone can shoot, everyone can defend at a high level.
                              I think rebounding would be the biggest issue with that lineup.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Nah, they broadcast nationally on their regional channels all the time. But they prefer to save those channels for hockey, so they relegate the Raps to the paid channel.
                                There were times last year where they had Poker or Curling on the main Sportsnet channels and the Raptors games on SN1.

People likes to complain about the lack of Raps coverage in the States. How about the brutal/lack of coverage in THIS country?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X