This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Miami needs Dragic, Minny won’t want whiteside. Maybe Josh Richardson? I don’t see a package that beats out everyone else.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        But what does Miami have to offer? James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk? Maybe Winslow? I’m sure they’d want to keep Winslow like we would want to keep OG.
        Whiteside and Richardson for Butler and Dieng works.

Could counter with JV and Powell. Although I like JV and would probably cry in my pillow if it happened.

Comment

• Everything 2018 Off Season

planetmars wrote: View Post

Could counter with JV and Powell. Although I like JV and would probably cry in my pillow if it happened.
          How does Whiteside fit in Minny with KAT there though? In the trade machine I got Josh Richardson and James Johnson for Jimmy straight up to work but that would kill the Heat’s depth. Maybe they do it. If I’m Minny I take that deal. I’d probably do it if I was Miami, but it really hurts and if Jimmy gets injured they’re seriously lacking depth on the wing and at guard.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Nah JV is the odd ball big man with goofy sense of humor that Kawhi might actually like to play with.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think guys like Whiteside or JV are enticing to Minny. They just invested their franchise in Towns.

That's why it is at least somewhat believable that they could want Ibaka since you can maybe convince them he can play with either KAT or Gibson on the court.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

How does Whiteside fit in Minny with KAT there though? In the trade machine I got Josh Richardson and James Johnson for Jimmy straight up to work but that would kill the Heat’s depth. Maybe they do it. If I’m Minny I take that deal. I’d probably do it if I was Miami, but it really hurts and if Jimmy gets injured they’re seriously lacking depth on the wing and at guard.
                I think they want to get rid of Dieng and that's a price you may have to pay to bring in Jimmy. And Miami has wanted to get rid of Whiteside for a few years now. So just putting 2 and 2 together. You just have Whiteside come off the bench or have a twin tower type of lineup with KAT at PF.

Whiteside has a PO after this year.. so 2 year deal just like JV. That's better than 3 guaranteed for Dieng.

Comment

• if we get butler my guess is we never ever talk about derozan again lol

Comment

Miami needs Dragic, Minny won’t want whiteside. Maybe Josh Richardson? I don’t see a package that beats out everyone else.
                    I think these mythical "super packages" that we always imagine coming from like 10 teams dont really exist for rentals.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I think these mythical "super packages" that we always imagine coming from like 10 teams dont really exist for rentals.
                      Yeah the package that got him moved the first time was Dunn, Lavine and a pick swap.

And that was when he was not a rental, not looking for a max deal taking him to age 35, and not explicitly wanting out like he is now.

You'd think the packages would be less significant now, given the circumstances. The only think that could maybe drive it up a bit is the number of teams probing around, though the majority of them are probably just gauging the market rather then being ready to make a real offer.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Yeah its kinda funny these teams wait for the perfect deal like a feanchise would ever want to get rid of a star on a long term deal. I commend Masai for taking a risk that no other GMs seem to take.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          Yeah the package that got him moved the first time was Dunn, Lavine and a pick swap.

And that was when he was not a rental, not looking for a max deal taking him to age 35, and not explicitly wanting out like he is now.

You'd think the packages would be less significant now, given the circumstances. The only think that could maybe drive it up a bit is the number of teams probing around, though the majority of them are probably just gauging the market rather then being ready to make a real offer.
                          Value isn't static though. It's highly dependent on context. ie who else is bidding on the asset. You might think Butler's value is lower but who knows if teams saw what happened with PG and decide to get more aggressive to secure those Bird rights.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Value isn't static though. It's highly dependent on context. ie who else is bidding on the asset. You might think Butler's value is lower but who knows if teams saw what happened with PG and decide to get more aggressive to secure those Bird rights.
                            Oh sure, anything can happen; I'd be surprised if 'sota gets more value than what they gave up to get him in the first place though (especially given his antics), but ultimately it only takes one team that really wants him to raise things up. We'll see it soon enough.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                              Sounds like it's going to be the heat. Kind of relieved he seems like he brings trouble with him wherever he goes.
                              Yeah surprised more aren't off-put by this.

Seemed to rub a lot of the younger Bulls players the wrong way with Rondo flying the flag for them before going to the Wolves where he obviously hasn't gotten along with KAT and Wiggins. Wonder whether he'd be a bit of an issue in the locker room?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Bingo. The value of 1 year rentals is going up. People here seem to think DeRozan was just a throwaway but at the end of the day the Spurs got an all-star in his prime (top 5 player at his position), a former top 10 pick and a protected 1st rounder for an expiring Kawhi who had made it clear he doesn't want to be there.

If people think you can just offer Delon Wright for Butler and get him because he's expiring, like some people were suggesting just a few days ago, they're very confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X