Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously some bigger dominoes to fall first, but a trade I’d look into is a sign and trade for Rodney Hood.

His value is arguably the lowest it’ll ever be due to his bad playoffs and attitude problems (not playing garbage minutes).

Feel like he could be signed for cheaper than we’re paying Norm and a 1for1 trade could help both players.

We can’t go wrong adding shooting and solid defence.

Comment

• Also I highly doubt Cleveland wants to keep him after this, while I’m sure Hood wants to prove himself in the playoffs after how he’s played for both the cavs and jazz in the playoffs.

Toronto would give him a near guarantee of at least getting the opportunity.

Comment

• So many jokes about the Raptors in the Celtics-Cavs postgame commentary.

If part of our team-building strategy was to improve our reputation, that's basically in the dust.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          Obviously some bigger dominoes to fall first, but a trade I’d look into is a sign and trade for Rodney Hood.

His value is arguably the lowest it’ll ever be due to his bad playoffs and attitude problems (not playing garbage minutes).

Feel like he could be signed for cheaper than we’re paying Norm and a 1for1 trade could help both players.

We can’t go wrong adding shooting and solid defence.
          We'll see about the bigger dominoes first though, like you say.

It may be worth it just to see if Powell can turn things around here, again depending on if other things happen first. He hasn't really shown any attitude problems. He just regressed and seemed to lose his confidence.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I mean that one article said Masai already read DeMar the riot act, and talked about defense, so if it's a question of effort I'm not sure he can or will get better. It's been nine seasons. But a new coach may help hold DeMar accountable.
            I believe DeMar takes his weaknesses seriously. I think he has worked primarily on his offense, because he recognized his weaknesses on D, and it is easier to improve your shot and ball handling. If he now agrees that his D is costing the Raptors games, which his end of the year comments would seem to indicate, then instead of watching video of how guys guarded him to shutdown his game, he might start watching video of how he lost his man.

I'm never going to underestimate DeMar again, after the improvements he has made the last three years. He has the athleticism, and he has the ability to work hard. If he sets his mind to it...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              We'll see about the bigger dominoes first though, like you say.

It may be worth it just to see if Powell can turn things around here, again depending on if other things happen first. He hasn't really shown any attitude problems. He just regressed and seemed to lose his confidence.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              I agree with you. I wouldn’t be mad at all to see Norm stay just to see if he can turn it around.

But you run the risk of him having another season like he just had which would then make his contract untradeable imo.

I personally doubt he has another season as bad as he had this year.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                I believe DeMar takes his weaknesses seriously. I think he has worked primarily on his offense, because he recognized his weaknesses on D, and it is easier to improve your shot and ball handling. If he now agrees that his D is costing the Raptors games, which his end of the year comments would seem to indicate, then instead of watching video of how guys guarded him to shutdown his game, he might start watching video of how he lost his man.

I'm never going to underestimate DeMar again, after the improvements he has made the last three years. He has the athleticism, and he has the ability to work hard. If he sets his mind to it...
                Oh, come on with this.

He gets better every summer. Every summer it's on the offensive end.

His defense didn't JUST become an issue this year.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  then i say no... thats how much i value OG
                  I love OG but come on if you had a chance to get Kawhi I would trade OG in a heartbeat....now I would only do this if the Raps plan to compete... if not then yes I agree I would keep OG as well.

The only problem is was Kawhi just lying not to play or does he have some legit lingering injury... hard to say but of course you do physicals at trade time so it would be revealed there...

If not then re-tool and yes I would have OG be part of the main re-build... the one advantage to him is he is a cheap player for the next 4 more years... hopefully enough time to assemble some nice talent to play around him and guys like Wright and Pascal.
                  Last edited by sanyo; Sun May 13, 2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Would a team really take a 10th overall pick over a legitimate star and a promising prospect...?
                    Exactly unless your talking top pick, Kawhi is a legit top 5 player in the league, IMO when he is on he probably is right behind Lebron as his two way game is probably better than anyone else in the league... unless your certain the next Lebron is coming through the draft, no way a 10th pick is going to attract SA for Kawhi...

Comment

• Ok so if the plan is to double down on 2 way.

Offer DeMar to Philly for Covington, Jerryd Bayless and the Lakers pick.

Trade JV to Atlanta for DeWayne Dedmon and the Rockets pick.

Lowry-Covington-OG-Ibaka-Dedmon. All 2-way guys, so we can fraud it up again and lose in the playoffs. Get two picks this year as well. The JV trade lets us avoid the tax too.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Oh, come on with this.

This. And it's really difficult for him to get better at reading NBA defenses under playoff pressure when he's alone in the gym at night, no matter how hard he works.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          This. And it's really difficult for him to get better at reading NBA defenses under playoff pressure when he's alone in the gym at night, no matter how hard he works.
                          Yeah; I'm not in the "tank" or "rebuild" mindset. I do think the Raptors can get by with a retool and I think moving Demar HAS to happen. I like Demar a LOT but ... defensively; it's getting embarrassing and outright damaging come playoff time. With the increased scouting; he outright becomes a liability (especially because he's also not a threat off the ball). The fact that, for multiple years now, he's had to be stapled to the bench during the playoffs is damning.

I think we have to move the guy now or at some point if we want to make the next step forward (along with replacing Casey). If we can make a package for Kawhi centred around Demar; we should do it. I'm even ok with the idea of a package for Wiggins(or an equivalent young player)+picks for him. We wouldn't need him to replace or mimic Demar offensively; he would just need to be able to bring a lot more defensively to the spot. You don't move Demar to replace him with another Demar.

I'd also say Ibaka but I think we gotta just deal with him until Siakam can naturally take the reigns
                          Last edited by Just Is; Mon May 14, 2018, 10:06 AM.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Boom!

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Oh, come on with this.

I pretty specifically said, "I think he has worked primarily on his offense, because he recognized his weaknesses on D, and it is easier to improve your shot and ball handling."

So we agree on that. My point was that he may have thought it was easier to compensate for poor defensive ability by increasing his offensive ability. This year pretty much put that idea in the ground. I thought he indicated that he has finally seen the light. I could be wrong. Just my feelings based on what he has said.

Do you think if DeMar decides to focus on D that he won't improve to league average? He doesn't really have to do much to improve to that level because his flaws, while large, are fixable. He doesn't need to suddenly get a huge injection of bball IQ. He just needs to pay attention, and remember where he is supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X