This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...f1x5wfu2hijju2

Exec weighs in: “Three years, that’s the big number. They’re going to want a draft pick in a package for him, and there aren’t a lot of teams that are going to include possibly good picks or young players for a guy who is kind of a square peg in today’s league. It’s not saying DeRozan doesn’t have value, it’s just that you’d have to adjust your whole offense for him. You can’t just stick him on the Pelicans, for example, because he wouldn’t pair up with Anthony Davis well. There’s too many obstacles.”
    “If anything does happen with that roster, Lowry is probably the guy who makes the most sense. He can be hard-headed, that was always his reputation, but he seems to have mellowed out now that he’s older. He’s tough and he has two years left on the contract, which makes it easy to take, especially if you can get rid of a bad deal on your books. I think that is what Toronto is going to be looking at with him and of all the possibilities, that’s the most likely.”
    “They’ve shopped him in the past, but the contract is not so bad anymore, and he is playing better. He is a more aggressive defender and rebounder. So the thing that makes another team more willing to trade for him has got to make you think that you don’t really want to deal him after all. If you can find a piece that helps you on the wing, that’s great. But even with JV playing better, there are not a lot of teams looking for back-to-the-basket centers. I don’t see anything happening with him.”
    Regarding Ibaka

“It’s a big red flag how much he has declined in the last couple of years. It’s hard to imagine him just getting back to being better. I think the has value as a bench player, but he does not have the same athleticism he had a few years ago. That hurts. It is not impossible to find a taker for him because he can shoot, but you’re going to have to swallow hard and take back some money you don’t want on the other end.”
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I agree, but that's not much of a discussion here anymore. The echo chamber has spoken, and we MUST tear down a 59 win team so we can play build-a-team
      I don't mind a rebuild at all if once Masai does all his research and goes over all roster change options that he decides there really isn't a way to improve this team. I'm just not as eager for it as some whom are convinced it's the only option at this time.

Comment

I agree, but that's not much of a discussion here anymore. The echo chamber has spoken, and we MUST tear down a 59 win team so we can play build-a-team
        It's like it's come full circle lmao. Like we're back in the McHappy days.

I'm all for trading DeRozan. But i'm not trading him for shit. If they trade him it better be for a damn good return. 4th overall pick in THIS draft is not gonna cut it.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          All we know for sure right now is that Masai does not want to tank. I would guess/hope if they were trading DeMar, it would be in a package for a star type player. Picks seem unlikely given what he has publicly stated.
          One way to avoid tanking is to get high end draft talent via trades instead of by making your own pick worse. If anything, Masai's "no-tanking" comments (which, by the way, you should definitely not take at face value - Masai does not show his hand) would suggest the one thing he won't do is just let this core run its course and then have to get bad to get better again, especially if there's not much hope of a championship in running out the string.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I look at what the Bulls got for Butler. A good young player AND a lottery pick(top 10).
            I mean, Chicago also traded their first round pick. Plus the "good young player" was coming off a major injury (we will give him time but he wan't good when he came back). The other young guy they got was supposed to be the most NBA ready guy in his draft and was awful in his rookie year. Hard to sell me that was a good trade. AT THE TIME, they literally traded Butler to move up 9 spots in the draft, get damaged goods and an under-performing rookie.

You can't tell me a trade for a top-5 pick is bad cause Jeff Green was selected 5th then say that the Butler trade was good cause Chicago got lucky and hit on a pick and Dunn turned it around.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              I mean, Chicago also traded their first round pick. Plus the "good young player" was coming off a major injury (we will give him time but he wan't good when he came back). The other young guy they got was supposed to be the most NBA ready guy in his draft and was awful in his rookie year. Hard to sell me that was a good trade. AT THE TIME, they literally traded Butler to move up 9 spots in the draft, get damaged goods and an under-performing rookie.

You can't tell me a trade for a top-5 pick is bad cause Jeff Green was selected 5th then say that the Butler trade was good cause Chicago got lucky and hit on a pick and Dunn turned it around.
              Has nothing to do with Jeff Green or the Bulls.

This year's draft is not very good outside the top 3. It's that simple.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                It's like it's come full circle lmao. Like we're back in the McHappy days.

I'm all for trading DeRozan. But i'm not trading him for shit. If they trade him it better be for a damn good return. 4th overall pick in THIS draft is not gonna cut it.
                McHappy Days are here again!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  One way to avoid tanking is to get high end draft talent via trades instead of by making your own pick worse. If anything, Masai's "no-tanking" comments (which, by the way, you should definitely not take at face value - Masai does not show his hand) would suggest the one thing he won't do is just let this core run its course and then have to get bad to get better again, especially if there's not much hope of a championship in running out the string.
                  I think any move Masai makes towards high end draft talent sort of signals what his intentions are. Trading a core piece for a younger piece with more upside still says the same thing...this window has closed and we're aiming for another one in (hopefully) the near future. At that point you may as well work on making your own pick a higher one.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    McHappy Days are here again!
                    Where is that guy I wonder..l highly doubt he quit talking raptors online
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I think any move Masai makes towards high end draft talent sort of signals what his intentions are. Trading a core piece for a younger piece with more upside still says the same thing...this window has closed and we're aiming for another one in (hopefully) the near future. At that point you may as well work on making your own pick a higher one.
                      I think that's an oversimplification. If said future is actually near, and you get the right assets in return in your trades, you may not have time to get truly bad before you are on the upswing. And if you can keep winning and potentially improve the trade value of other pieces on your team that may not figure in long term, why not do that? Especially if, like the Raptors, you have a high floor and would have to work really hard to be bad enough to make much difference long term.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He came back once or twice, I think under the name Odin. Also appeared briefly at RapsHQ. But pretty sure he did mostly just step away.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TORONTO — DeMar DeRozan has fans worried about his mental health once again.

The Toronto Raptors star, who features in the NBA’s mental health PSA, posted on his Instagram story "Dark days, darker nights …" early Tuesday morning.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Thibs was willing to make that trade for his boy. I don't think it's same situation
                            So wait until Casey gets signed and trade DeMar there?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              So wait until Casey gets signed and trade DeMar there?
                              That's why we should have kicked Casey upstairs instead of firing him outright. If a team really wanted Casey, we could have packaged him with DeMar for at least a 2nd round pick, like we got for Weltman.

Comment

We're all McHappy.

#WeAreAllMcHappy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X