• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    We're all McHappy.

#WeAreAllMcHappy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    He's in jail. Raptors Republic jail. (banned list)

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Don't know much about him other than I think he's a PG. Wonder if they are looking for Fred's replacement? Anyone got the low down on Lyles? Please tell me he's a shooter.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          That's why we should have kicked Casey upstairs instead of firing him outright. If a team really wanted Casey, we could have packaged him with DeMar for at least a 2nd round pick, like we got for Weltman.
          That's assuming Casey would take a job upstairs after being relieved of his coaching duties, which he probably wouldn't.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Don't know much about him other than I think he's a PG. Wonder if they are looking for Fred's replacement? Anyone got the low down on Lyles? Please tell me he's a shooter.
            Its all a smokescreen. Raptors will look at like 30 different players and zone in on like 2 or 3 they really like who most likely end up in the G league. Finding a guy like Fred to replace without a draft pick is rare.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Its all a smokescreen. Raptors will look at like 30 different players and zone in on like 2 or 3 they really like who most likely end up in the G league. Finding a guy like Fred to replace without a draft pick is rare.
              Reading up on Lyles happened to bring up Shaka Smart's name on one site I was looking at. The havoc defence his teams are known for with upbeat offence sounds like it might be a good fit in Toronto. Just a wild and random stab in the dark, but wonder if that is the type of young coach Masai could be looking at.

Comment

Reading up on Lyles happened to bring up Shaka Smart's name on one site I was looking at. The havoc defence his teams are known for with upbeat offence sounds like it might be a good fit in Toronto. Just a wild and random stab in the dark, but wonder if that is the type of young coach Masai could be looking at.
                I really like Shaka Smart, my teams use a lot of his principles, but his havoc system is a full court diamond press, basically, which I don't think would work in the NBA.

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Comment

I really like Shaka Smart, my teams use a lot of his principles, but his havoc system is a full court diamond press, basically, which I don't think would work in the NBA.

Yeah the running theory is that the ball handlers and passers are too good in the NBA for a pressing system like that to work.

I'm actually curious about testing that out though. Would need the right personnel for it though, which we don't have. Shaka's a guy I'd gamble on in a rebuild maybe.

Comment

• The Raptors issue is not a coaching problem believe it or not.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Yeah the running theory is that the ball handlers and passers are too good in the NBA for a pressing system like that to work.

I'm actually curious about testing that out though. Would need the right personnel for it though, which we don't have. Shaka's a guy I'd gamble on in a rebuild maybe.
                        It's not a theory, it's very true that NBA teams can beat presses with relative ease. The only reason they even do it (in NBA) is to take time off the clock and not allow teams to fully get in their offense.

Even at youth level it's not a terrible task to break a press, with some solid coaching.

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Yeah, I can't say much about the system as I'm not familiar with it. It sounds like it requires full effort of defence at all times which is sort of how the Spurs and Celtics play. I think Masai is going to be taking a good look at some of these young coaches in college. Guys that come up with their own systems as opposed to adopting what other teams are doing.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Awesome
                            Delon drives like a millennial who doesn't drive .....

Comment

Yeah, I can't say much about the system as I'm not familiar with it. It sounds like it requires full effort of defence at all times which is sort of how the Spurs and Celtics play. I think Masai is going to be taking a good look at some of these young coaches in college. Guys that come up with their own systems as opposed to adopting what other teams are doing.
                              The issue with Smart’s system isn’t the effort required to do it, it’s the (lack of) effort to break it at the NBA level. Smart’s system works at lower levels but would completely be destroyed at the NBA level where the ball handling, passing and athleticism of players would make it look comically bad.

Shaka Smart isn’t likely to ever leave the college level because his entire system only works at that level (or lower) of competition.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                The issue with Smart’s system isn’t the effort required to do it, it’s the (lack of) effort to break it at the NBA level. Smart’s system works at lower levels but would completely be destroyed at the NBA level where the ball handling, passing and athleticism of players would make it look comically bad.

Shaka Smart isn’t likely to ever leave the college level because his entire system only works at that level (or lower) of competition.
                                I think he could probably play some adapted version of it with the guys in Milwaukee (or another team with similar level of freak athletes), but yeah, it's hard to see how that kind of full-court pressing havoc would work in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X