This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    All to shave the luxury tax. They didn’t have to give up a 1st like we did with Carroll
    What? Denver gave up a first though?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Did they, I thought it was only 2nds?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure the reports were that Philly was refusing to include Fultz in their offers.
        Philly and LA both know they can wait for next summer, they have no incentive to give up assets right now. Boston probably likes what they have in-house better than the Kawhi gamble, they're set up for the long term.

There hasn't been any smoke around a Butler-Kawhi trade, but you'd have to think Thibs is looking into that, it just makes too much sense.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Everything 2018 Off Season

saints91 wrote: View Post
          All to shave the luxury tax. They didn’t have to give up a 1st like we did with Carroll
          Nuggets gave up a 2019 top 12 protected first round pick and a future second round pick as well.

Comment

• Ohhh never mind, Denver could possibly lose a lottery pick

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
              This guy doesn't want to play for the Raptors and there is a good chance he won't if he gets traded to Toronto. So why even thinking about trading for him? I don't get it.
              Ok, for the folks concerned with Kawhi just moping around, sitting up faking the injury and not really playing (I used to be in that camp too):

He can't afford to do that. He already hasn't played ball in a year, and his attitude & locker room value took a big black-eye this year. He tries this crap for two years in a row, he's value in free agency will take a nose-dive. He will be entering Cousins territory there (who got way less than he could get if it wasn't for all the attitude baggage and injury): A prima-dona with the wrong attitude and also physically injured/banged up.

Wherever he goes next year, he will play hard. That's his contract year before free-agency, and his chance to redeem his value after all these shenenigans. Dude's only 26, he's gonnaa look out for his career and value in the NBA. What happens the year after is anyone's guess, but whoever gets him for 2018-2019 will probably see him give his best.
              Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Jul 13, 2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Denver had to send along a first and a second to dump Faried and they gave up a second to dump Chandler.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

They gave up, like, exactly what we gave up, except our picks came at the end of each round and theirs will probably come closer to the middle of each round. Meaning they gave up significantly more value, as picks drop off in value at a fast rate.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We should be been
                    All over that with our TPE’s. Those are Kawhi trade chips

Comment

• Never mind that both those guys they dumped are on expiring deals, and we got out of three years of Carroll.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        They gave up, like, exactly what we gave up, except our picks came at the end of each round and theirs will probably come closer to the middle of each round. Meaning they gave up significantly more value, as picks drop off in value at a fast rate.
                        Yup already said I missed it

Comment

We should be been
                          All over that with our TPE’s. Those are Kawhi trade chips
                          Our TPEs could not fit either player. Impossible for us to have been in on that.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                            If your assumption is that, right now, Leonard is going to LA next July, then you don't trade for him. It's not worth the assets you have to send out, in some vain hope that you can convince him to stay. That's not logical, it's not good risk management, and it's not Ujiri's style. I get that you guys have no use for Demar at all, but it seriously just doesn't jive with how MU has been developing the franchise.
                            Considering Ujiri was listening to offers on any players this summer, and if the team has plateaued he will have to start dismantling by next summer, this is not a risky move and he is clearly open to change and not clinging to notions of continuity/loyalty. Frankly he may have realized that he kept Casey too long for those reasons and it's time to be a bit less loyal and afraid of change, again, especially if this roster has run its course as constructed.

Also have to consider no teams will want to give up assets for Kawhi for the same reasons of not wanting to take a big risk, so we really don't have to sell the farm to get him. Nobody does. It will come down to what the Spurs want to do. Do they think they have any chance at repairing the relationship? Because if not they can't risk losing him for absolutely nothing. Boston and Philly can't outbid us if they are not willing to give up some potential all star pieces and we build one around an established all star.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                              If your assumption is that, right now, Leonard is going to LA next July, then you don't trade for him. It's not worth the assets you have to send out, in some vain hope that you can convince him to stay. That's not logical, it's not good risk management, and it's not Ujiri's style. I get that you guys have no use for Demar at all, but it seriously just doesn't jive with how MU has been developing the franchise.
                              Like Dan said. You get him in the door before making your sales pitch.

It's a risk, but the downside is the rebuild potentially starts one year earlier, which isn't a big deal.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                Ok, for the folks concerned with Kawhi just moping around, sitting up faking the injury and not really playing (I used to be in that camp too):

He can't afford to do that. He already hasn't played ball in a year, and his attitude & locker value took a big black-eye this year. He tries this crap for two years in a row, he's value in free agency will take a nose-dive. He will be entering Cousins territory there (who got way less than he could get if it wasn't for all the attitude baggage and injury): A prima-dona with the wrong attitude and also physically injured/banged up.

Wherever he goes next year, he will play hard. That's his contract year before free-agency, and his chance to redeem his value after all these shenenigans. Dude's only 26, he's gonnaa look out for his career and value in the NBA. What happens the year after is anyone's guess, but whoever gets him for 2018-2019 will probably see him give his best.
                                I believe it, when I see it. I don't think that his value decreases if he sits out another season. Everybody knows what he's capable of - if he wants to give his best.

Comment

Working...
                                X