This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    You guys all hating on the Raptors, orDemar, or Kyle..... SMH.

Hate on the league that makes it impossible for guys like thm to win unless they are in a chosen market.

I'll go back to one of my old ways of looking at things. Watch the games. Learn the game.

Toronto has fantastic players, but Toronto is in Canada. End game.
    San Antonio. Dallas. Miami. Cleveland. All have won titles recently. Golden State was a punchline for 35 years. 3 titles in 4 years. All chosen markets apparently.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Are you serious? lol. LeBron singlehandedly beat Lowry's "59" win team.
      He didn't do it singlehandedly though. We let Korver, Love and even JR Smith go off. As always, Lebron needs good pieces around him (especially shooters). He carried the team on his back though, no doubt. But that's old history, for better or worse that team doesn't exist anymore.

Back to Kawhi: We don't even know if he's coming here, but imo, the only way we'd have a shot a convincing him to stay is we make the finals. And the best shot at making the finals is retaining OG to play with him on the wing.

Next summer, we'd be a finals team, still relatively young, with a lot of cap space/valuable expiring deals on the horizon to get another free agent coming down, hopefully right as GSW start to have $$ problems. We would be primed and well positioned for a championship (where he would be the main player), with our youth seasoned and at their prime. Not a bad situation for him to be in at all.

As a home to Leonard, that scenario would be competing with a strong but aging Lebron on the Lakers (where Kawhi would be second-fiddle), and whatever pieces the Lakers manage to develop to get around him. It would be "fine GM'ing/winning situation/ whole-country-of-Canada-behind-you/being the main player" vs. " Lebron/Lavar ball drama/LA glitter/second fiddle". I think we'd have a chance. I know which one I'd pick, but then again I'm not Kawhi...
      Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Jul 14, 2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Jabari!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lool terrible deal jesus christ
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Lool terrible deal jesus christ
            Oh second year is team option thats not bad actually
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Man, that Wiggins draft class was insanely overrated except for Embiid, who is still an injury risk.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Man, that Wiggins draft class was insanely overrated except for Embiid, who is still an injury risk.
                Remember all the hype back then? people were comparing that class to the 2003 draft class, Wiggins was supposed to be the next LeBron lol. This is why you don't tank.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Man, that Wiggins draft class was insanely overrated except for Embiid, who is still an injury risk.
                  In fairness Jabari looked really promising but two torn acls will derail a career. As for Wiggins, seems like a guy who always could have been great but doesn't have the drive or competitive nature those guys have, doesn't really make winning plays. Definitely overhyped, but still time to improve, i coupd see another allstar croping up in Gordon or Jabari and a couple top tier roll players developing.

When some of these guys start changing teams and becoming more journeymen i suspect they will find some more success.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    In fairness Jabari looked really promising but two torn acls will derail a career. As for Wiggins, seems like a guy who always could have been great but doesn't have the drive or competitive nature those guys have, doesn't really make winning plays. Definitely overhyped, but still time to improve, i coupd see another allstar croping up in Gordon or Jabari and a couple top tier roll players developing.

When some of these guys start changing teams and becoming more journeymen i suspect they will find some more success.
                    LOL. Tim W. was leading the tank for that draft year.

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013...t-for-tanking/

With the 2014 draft looking like it might get even better, and with many scouts and NBA executives saying there could be multiple franchise players and as many as eight All Stars, there has been A LOT of discussion about tanking. And a lot of debate.

Comment

LOL. Tim W. was leading the tank for that draft year.

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013...t-for-tanking/
                      Even though the top of the draft was overhyped, his numbers might not be that far off. I could see the following guys make an all star team:

Embiid (already made it, franchise player)
                      Jokic (franchise player)
                      Capela
                      Gordon
                      Lavine
                      Wiggins
                      Randle
                      Harris

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Even though the top of the draft was overhyped, his numbers might not be that far off. I could see the following guys make an all star team:

Embiid (already made it, franchise player)
                        Jokic (franchise player)
                        Capela
                        Gordon
                        Lavine
                        Wiggins
                        Randle
                        Harris
                        Yeah, but the whole premise behind tanking is to draft in the top 5 to improve your odds of getting a franchise player or all-star. Only Wiggins and Embiid are top 5 draft picks on that list. Tanking was clearly the wrong strategy for 2014, if you go by that list and were playing the odds. Not to mention that 2014 was supposed to be loaded with franchise players, not 'just' all-stars. We're seeing more non top-5 draftees emerge as superstars (Curry, Klay, Giannis, Butler, Kawhi,...) than before, so proper scouting, player development and coaching role/fit seems to be becoming more and more important than simply getting that top 5 guy.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Remember all the hype back then? people were comparing that class to the 2003 draft class, Wiggins was supposed to be the next LeBron lol. This is why you don't tank.
                          Lol not gonna lie, I thought wiggins will be the next coming of a mix between TMAC & LeBron and Jabari a young Melo 😂
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                            Lol not gonna lie, I thought wiggins will be the next coming of a mix between TMAC & LeBron and Jabari a young Melo ��
                            Andrew Wiggins just recently became the 6th youngest Player to score 6,000 points - behind only LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady. I think he's going to be fine. He's got boat loads of talent and no serious injury concerns. Hasn't even hit his prime.

Comment

Yeah, but the whole premise behind tanking is to draft in the top 5 to improve your odds of getting a franchise player or all-star. Only Wiggins and Embiid are top 5 draft picks on that list. Tanking was clearly the wrong strategy for 2014, if you go by that list and were playing the odds. Not to mention that 2014 was supposed to be loaded with franchise players, not 'just' all-stars. We're seeing more non top-5 draftees emerge as superstars (Curry, Klay, Giannis, Butler, Kawhi,...) than before, so proper scouting, player development and coaching role/fit seems to be becoming more and more important than simply getting that top 5 guy.
                              There are always going to be outliers like Curry and Kawhi but the vast majority of franchise players come from the top of the draft. There have been a ton of studies on it. And tanking increases your odds of picking at one of those spots. Looking at one draft doesn't tell us anything.... You have to look at 30 years of data.

Comment

• "We've taken a good amount of sharp money on the Sixers recently," BetDSI spokesperson Scott Cooley said. "There's no telling what's going to happen, as there are a ton of moving parts, but we saw the same guys firing at L.A. late with the LeBron odds.”
                                Raps not listed.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/story.cfm/story/1928479

Comment

Working...
                                X