This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Hey.. Lorenzo Brown is apparently on the verge of returning to the Raptors on a one year deal.
    Thank God Casey's gone. He was giving this dude run in tight playoff games
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hot Tomato Tartar Sauce! Can we get this deal done already.

Lowry, Powell, Poeltl , 2 unprotected 1sts 2 unprotected 2nds, for Kawhi and Gasol.

That is a gamble I am willing to take for guy that can walk in 12 months.

Wright slides into start, I don't lose my SF and PF of the future in OG and Siakam.

FVV is the backup PG

Role with a Wright, DeRozan, Leonard, Love, Ibaka starting 5 after we flip JV for Love that is.

Bench mob, is FVV, Miles, OG, Siakam
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        Hot Tomato Tartar Sauce! Can we get this deal done already.

Lowry, Powell, Poeltl , 2 unprotected 1sts 2 unprotected 2nds, for Kawhi and Gasol.

That is a gamble I am willing to take for guy that can walk in 12 months.

Wright slides into start, I don't lose my SF and PF of the future in OG and Siakam.

FVV is the backup PG

Role with a Wright, DeRozan, Leonard, Love, Ibaka starting 5 after we flip JV for Love that is.

Bench mob, is FVV, Miles, OG, Siakam
        Geez, no thanks to that deal.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Thank you!

Comment

Damnit Dan. If the Spurs read you aren't interested and it kills the deal...I will never forgive you :P
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• rebelrouser89 wrote: View Post
              I see some saying the Spurs want an all star, prospect, and a pick.

But woj said an all-star, prospects and picks and Stein insinuated that as well.

So if it's DD+ OG, who else would you guys let go and how many picks?!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
              The Spurs can want things all they like...No one is paying that price. Again, the Spurs are in about as weak a bargaining position as possible.

The closest they can get would be from us, with DeMar, Poeltl/Wright and a pick.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                The Spurs can want things all they like...No one is paying that price. Again, the Spurs are in about as weak a bargaining position as possible.

The closest they can get would be from us, with DeMar, Poeltl/Wright and a pick.
                No to trading DeMar. This franchise needs a legacy player. Trade Lowry

Comment

I fully respect this opinion, and understand that some are more attached to DeMar than I am, but I'd rather have a true superstar than a legacy player.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• It’s OG. That’s why he sat the last two summer league games. The rest is just figuring out the filler to match numbers.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Yeah, and this is where if I'm the Raptors I'm more willing to give up quantity than quality. Like, Poeltl and Wright and our pick, rather than OG. But who knows if that interests the Spurs.
                      Yeah, I fully agree.

The thing is, it can't be "what interests the Spurs". It has to be "what other choice do they have"?

If no one is willing to deal in the summer, what are the odds they get better offers in the season? That is a big risk for them to take if they walk away from negotiations now. I mean, if we are offering something like DeMar, Wright/Poeltl and a 1st, and no teams are willing to make a serious bid to beat that, will playoff teams be willing to give up more in January?

Honestly if they are playing hardball, let them go into the season with Kawhi. Maybe we can get him mid-season for Ibaka and a 2nd rounder when no one is willing to give them anything. Playoff teams will not give up an all-star, prospect and pick in the middle of the year.

If they are sticking to try to pry OG away, lets just play hardball with them. If that is what's happening, I'm glad Masai isn't giving OG up.

Comment

• A couple of things. People keep saying Masai values consistency and optics (and it seems he does) but he's also the guy who traded a "star" right after signing him to a new contract (in Denver). Plus, he's seeing a behemoth in Boston built on a trade that sent away a legacy player (can you say more legacier?) in Pierce. Also speaking of unknown injuries...anybody heard anything about Poeltl? Might that foot be holding up things?

Comment

Lowry has no value to them. He has 2 years left and is too old.

JV is an awkward fit next to Aldridge. If it goes well he opts out to become an UFA and get a raise, and if it goes badly he'll opt in and they're stuck with him and Aldridge for another year.

DeMar makes so much sense as the centrepiece of the deal.

I understand the legacy player angle, but the goal is to win a championship. That is a much more important legacy.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Lowry has no value to them. He has 2 years left and is too old.

JV is an awkward fit next to Aldridge. If it goes well he opts out to become an UFA and get a raise, and if it goes badly he'll opt in and they're stuck with him and Aldridge for another year.

DeMar makes so much sense as the centrepiece of the deal.

I understand the legacy player angle, but the goal is to win a championship. That is a much more important legacy.
                            I would trade DeMar if Kawhi agreed to an extension. Otherwise you risk losing a guy that has given everything and talked about how we wants to play his whole career here through thick and thin for a one year, just off injury rental.

Comment

I would trade DeMar if Kawhi agreed to an extension. Otherwise you risk losing a guy that has given everything and talked about how we wants to play his whole career here through thick and thin for a one year, just off injury rental.
                              Yep, and beyond the legacy thing, he’s also currently an excellent offensive player who carries a huge scoring load on the current roster that would be sorely missed when both he and Leonard are gone. He also expires in 2years, so if you hate him he’s worth a decent return on the trade market next year. Without a Leonard extension, you’re basically saying Derozan isn’t worth anything at all.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Ehh, suggesting DeRozan can be the centrepiece that outbids other teams for an ALL-NBA player like Kawhi is hardly saying DeRozan isn't worth anything at all.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X