This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    The slander is people saying he wouldn't have gotten paid anywhere else or that he wouldn't have gotten so many shots anywhere else. The reality is he would have. Not sure why people are acting like the Raptors gifted him his whole career. The guy is a hard worker and earned what he got.

I don't think there's actually that many teams where Demar would have gotten so much leash. Credit to him for taking advantage, obviously.

He earned what he got and our franchise gave him major opportunities to do it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I don't know actually .. I definitely see what you're saying, but I also think a big part of Lebron going to the Lakers was seeing how they treated Kobe in his later years (and how they continue to treat all of their past greats). The Lakers are notoriously loyal to their own, and I think players notice that, and respect it.
      After one playoff flame-out, Magic Johnson would have traded DeMar so fast out of LA, it would make his head spin. Magic's on the record as yet another one of those old-timers saying "it's all about championships or nothing" especially if you're a Laker. Ringz, Ernie. Ringz.

Comment

• LMAO as if this dude wouldn't sign immediately if we offered him a contract.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          He has to play right? I mean if he doesn't, he can't be a free agent next season right?
          No he will just be suspended and not get payed for the year. I cannot remember in the modern era anybody leaving $20 million dollars on the table and lose it all for not wanting to play for a new team he just been traded too. That would be messed up plus he will lose another $50 millions if he leaves. Even crazy uncle Dennis would have to get to his senses and tell stubborn Kawhi "listen baby it don't make sense losing $50 million dollars! Its only 10 months in total (training camp +playoffs) so do uncle Dennis a favor and play in Canada! You can really spend that money in the big city lots to do plus they gonna legalize pot in Oct!! So you can be high 24/7 for another 9 months and not worry about a thing!"

Comment

• I feel like Norm and Delon are kind of expendable now. We have 4 guys to handle SG/SF with Kawhi, Green, Anunoby, Miles and Lowry/FVV at the 1.

I'd trade Delon Wright and Powell to the Hawks for DeWayne Dedmon. We have to pay Wright at the end of the season and likely won't be able to guage his true value with the limited minutes he'll get. Gets us off Powell's money and in return the Hawks get a young PG to groom behind Lin when they inevitably move Schroder and they can experiment with Powell's potential at the 2.

Hawks have cap space still I believe so they can take them into space. The deal would save us just under 5M in salary and a lot more in luxury tax payments for next year. Gets us a great backup center to play behind Val too (who can also shoot the 3 a bit as well).

Our depth chart then looks so solid with

PG: Lowry/FVV
            SG: Green/Miles
            SF: Kawhi/Anunoby
            PF: Ibaka/Siakam
            C: Jonas/Dedmon

Legitimately 2 starting caliber guys at each spot.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Who's slandering? And HE has every right to feel pissed off. Human nature. The rest of the peanut gallery (nba fans) can fuck off
              I'm okay with Raptors fans who loved Derozan as both a player and person and everything he meant to the city being upset about this. It's part of being a fan. Your ultimate loyalty is to the team, but that doesn't mean you don't fall in love with the players along the way.

It's when Bucks and Bulls fans start trashing the Raptors for being disloyal is where a draw a very strong, thick, angry line.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                No he will just be suspended and not get payed for the year. I cannot remember in the modern era anybody leaving $20 million dollars on the table and lose it all for not wanting to play for a new team he just been traded too. That would be messed up plus he will lose another $50 millions if he leaves. Even crazy uncle Dennis would have to get to his senses and tell stubborn Kawhi "listen baby it don't make sense losing $50 million dollars! Its only 10 months in total (training camp +playoffs) so do uncle Dennis a favor and play in Canada! You can really spend that money in the big city lots to do plus they gonna legalize pot in Oct!! So you can be high 24/7 for another 9 months and not worry about a thing!"
                No, unless he's legitimately hurt and can't play, there is a CBA clause that says if he simply refuses to honor his contract, the Raptors get to decide whether he is allowed to sign with another team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

LMAO as if this dude wouldn't sign immediately if we offered him a contract.
                  This is a big blow after all the superstars that the Raptors have signed in the past. Sad to see that the well is going to dry up.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    I mean if they told him that he wasn't getting traded then traded him then that's somewhat justified.
                    No one here is saying he doesn't deserve to be angry. Everyone here is saying how the rest of the NBA fans are fucking stupid cuz they don't understand shit and just slandering the Raptors for no reason other than to join the hate bandwagon.

Comment

• anyway, all this NBA twitter outrage will blow over soon. Lebron went back to Cleveland after the comic sans letter for god's sake lmao

Comment

• If Kawhi never plays a game for the Raptors, I still don't think this trade is that bad.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          No, unless he's legitimately hurt and can't play, there is a CBA clause that says if he simply refuses to honor his contract, the Raptors get to decide whether he is allowed to sign with another team.
                          Really?! But obviously it won't come to that. Its a distraction that the Spurs didn't even want to explore farther or any other sane team with playoffs aspirations for that matter.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Really?! But obviously it won't come to that. Its a distraction that the Spurs didn't even want to explore farther or any other sane team with playoffs aspirations for that matter.
                            Yep, really.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                              This is a big blow after all the superstars that the Raptors have signed in the past. Sad to see that the well is going to dry up.
                              What superstars have we signed via FA? Are you talking about Kyle and DeMar, re-signing? Demar's choices at the time were: (a) much less money with the sad sack Lakers or (b) max dollars with an EC contender and etching his legacy on a franchise. No brainer, IMO. Lowry actually did test his market value seriously and found the market soft and came running back to a nice payday.

This will have no impact whatsoever.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                What superstars have we signed via FA? Are you talking about Kyle and DeMar, re-signing? Demar's choices at the time were: (a) much less money with the sad sack Lakers or (b) max dollars with an EC contender and etching his legacy on a franchise. No brainer, IMO. Lowry actually did test his market value seriously and found the market soft and came running back to a nice payday.

This will have no impact whatsoever.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X