• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Source?

And no.
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/17/tor...kawhi-leonard/
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Windhorst went on sportscentre and said that Kawhi is going to be professional and make the best of the situation in Toronto.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• And we all thought this was going to be a Kawhi-et offseason around here.

Comment

• I'd like to know what Masai or Bobby told DeMar and if it was true or not. It's a really bad look for our organization if it was true. I mean the first thing Masai said during the Masai presser when Casey got fired was that he reached out to him and talked to him.

I hope this is DeMar just airing out some frustration.. like he's shocked that he got traded.. something he never thought would be possible. But I'm just hoping he's wrong.

I know what Ainge did to IT.. and business is business.. but a little bit of a class act would have been nice to a guy that's done a pretty good job representing this team when it was crappy and when it was good. DeMar was a flawed player but there is a reason why people like him more than Bosh or even Vince in a lot of cases.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            And we all thought this was going to be a Kawhi-et offseason around here.
            You deserve a gif of a man slow clapping for that one.

I don't have one

But you deserve it
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Theres a big difference is

"Demar, we're not looking to trade you. We want you to be part of something better going forward. We love you."

and

"Rest easy, you are 110% guaranteed coming back next year. Untouchable. Won't deal you, period."

They may both sound the same at first blush, but are very very different.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                And we all thought this was going to be a Kawhi-et offseason around here.
                Dad? Log off!

Comment

• My emotions have cooled.

This was a good deal... Even if it fails.

I do think we need to see what we can get for Lowry now.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Theres a big difference is

"Demar, we're not looking to trade you. We want you to be part of something better going forward. We love you."

and

"Rest easy, you are 110% guaranteed coming back next year. Untouchable. Won't deal you, period."

I hope it wasn't the ladder. And I don't think Masai would do that. He seems to good of a person to flat out lie like that.

Comment

• There is a big difference from IT to Demar's situation. IT played his heart out and got hurt in the playoffs, opted into his player option for the team to have more cap room, and then got dealt, without his big payday, to a situation where he didn't fit as well, with more pressure to come back and win from injury.

Demar got paid, and got dealt to a great situation. I will always look at Demar in high regards. If they did lie to him, that sucks, as it tarnishes a great relationship. Nonetheless the two trades are quite different. Demar makes close to 30mil next year, IT is making 2.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I hope it wasn't the ladder. And I don't think Masai would do that. He seems to good of a person to flat out lie like that.
                        I don't think so either. I think it was lost in translation, Masai giving Demar reassurances (I'm sure he wasn't being shopped team to team), and then this chance at Kawhi coming up.

Masai is a people person, he's not stupid enough to give Demar his iron clad word of no deal

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Reports earlier in the summer said that nobody was untouchable.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Even Demar Derozan knows this team wasn't gonna win a championship with him as the lead guy. While he probably doesn't, but what the fuck are we playing for? Bronze medals?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Reports earlier in the summer said that nobody was untouchable.
                              Yeah I know that.. but if Masai (or Bobby) 2 weeks ago went up to DeMar and explicitly said something like .. don't worry we're not trading you... that would piss me off if I was DeMar. And it's a really unclassy thing to do. Don't flat out lie. You can be a bit wishy washy with what you say, but don't be firm and then take your word and throw it down the toilet a couple of weeks later.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Theres a big difference is

and

"Rest easy, you are 110% guaranteed coming back next year. Untouchable. Won't deal you, period. UNLESS THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS AND THE CELTICS AND SIXERS BOTH BACK OUT OF THE KAWHI DISCUSSIONS. BUT WE DON"T REALLY HAVE TO SAY THAT DO WE BECUASE THE ODDS OF THAT HAPPENING ARE NEAR 0%"

They may well have told DeMar that he wouldn't be moved because NO ONE could foresee Leonard being available to the Raps with what the Celitics/Sixers/Lakers could have offered....what they told him was the truth .... 2 weeks ago
                                Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jul 18, 2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X