This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post

You said better players, then suggested trading Lowry and OG for Wiggins...
    I mean its tenftw, I don't know what you were expecting.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      If we are gonna resign Kawhi Leonard, we need to surround him with better players. I propose a few trades

1) Toronto out: Serge Ibaka, Malachi Richardson
      Toronto in: resigned Montrezl Harrell, Danilo Galinari

2) Toronto out: Kyle Lowry, OG Anunoby, Norman Powell
      Toronto in: Jeff Teague, Andrew Wiggins

Our Lineups becomes
      Teague
      Wiggins
      KL
      MHarrell
      Valanciunas

Key Benches
      Delon/FVV
      Danny Green
      Danilo Galinari
      Siakam
      Backup Center
      There are no words

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
        I couldn't even say anything about this because I was so busy reading all of the info and takes and hearing the reactions.

These past couple of days have been the wildest I experienced as a Raptors fan, dating from 2003 when I started following them because as a child I played a basketball video game and thought it was wild that there is only one team from another country, and how cool their uniforms looked. You know, kid stuff. From then, I guess the struggle of the only foreign franchise in the NBA trying to figure things out and scratching for relevance really appealed to me, and I stayed with it, through various degrees of attention.

Even though I wholeheartedly agreed with the trade from every logical angle, it still took me like a good twenty four hours to be happy with it. This core coincided with the time just after I started really sinking into basketball as an obsession. Needless to say, DeRozan is a great part of it. I struggled with DeRozan as a player for the longest, and yet when he left, all that is left is the legacy. His departure, the break-up of this core, and specifically his duo with Lowry, is one of the most bitter feelings ever.

But even though I'm still sad, I was as ready as I could be for it. It just simply had run its course, on the court, and even off it, it just felt like the cycle was over. I hope there's a misunderstanding and things didn't end up in a bad note, but I take solace in the fact that our guy is at least going to a model franchise. In that sense, the FO did as good by him as they could.

Now there's a new reality for us to embrace. Man, it's gonna be weird to see Kyle on the court and on interviews without DeRozan, provided he stays. But I feel optimistic, because on basketball terms, this has the potential to be special. Most of the talk about Kawhi is about the red flags, and of course they're important, but we're never able to do this were they not there, and frankly, worse situations were turned around in the league, and in the franchise.

The main part really is the core of all this: the sport itself. If we reach our potential, the chance the Raptors' new star stays goes up dramatically. We're trying to carve up a new fate, a better hope. And if it doesn't, we embrace our current destiny earlier. This season is going to be something else, certainly a historic one, one way or another. I feel like that blown-away, curious kid again.
        Ujiri's burner account?

Comment

• Clint Capela is still on the market

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            Ujiri's burner account?
            This is what Masai will read tomorrow in the conference lol

He will use the word "excited" alot.
            Says he believes that Kawhi will fulfill his obligation.
            Will say something about "communication breakdown" with Demar and "its unfortunate", and blames himself.
            Will talk about planning more moves down the road.
            Will reiterate his belief that this team with Kawhi can get to the finals.
            Fuck Boston!

That is all.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              Clint Capela is still on the market

He'll sign for the min right?

Comment

Clint Capela is still on the market
                And, as a restricted free agent, the Rockets will have the opportunity to match any offer that he gets, so no chance of a 'bargain-bin' signing for a year

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  And, as a restricted free agent, the Rockets will have the opportunity to match any offer that he gets, so no chance of a 'bargain-bin' signing for a year
                  A sign and trade JV and Powell

Comment

• greg monroe is still available...

Comment

A sign and trade JV and Powell
                      Makes no financial sense from a Houston perspective- if they weren't willing to pay Capella $20M a year, why would they do a sign and trade that brings back $25M a year - they'd be better off just matching the offer sheet.

Now part of the issue is that Norm's a guard - had he the height to be a small forward, then it might pique a bit of interest from Houston as they've been thinned put on the wings - but he's not.

Comment

Yeah, he'll re-sign with the Rockets. They're just being cutthroat with negotiations. It's a bad summer for capspace, so they're making as small an offer as they feel they can. He definitely doesn't deserve the 25+ million a year he's asking for though. Maybe they'll meet in the middle, or he'll just accept his fate and sign their initial offer.

Comment

Makes no financial sense from a Houston perspective- if they weren't willing to pay Capella $20M a year, why would they do a sign and trade that brings back $25M a year - they'd be better off just matching the offer sheet.

Now part of the issue is that Norm's a guard - had he the height to be a small forward, then it might pique a bit of interest from Houston as they've been thinned put on the wings - but he's not.
                          Ok let’s look at this from another angle cause u are probably right. Is there a player package we could offer without giving up pascal. Cj miles ppl always want shooters?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, he'll re-sign with the Rockets. They're just being cutthroat with negotiations. It's a bad summer for capspace, so they're making as small an offer as they feel they can. He definitely doesn't deserve the 25+ million a year he's asking for though. Maybe they'll meet in the middle, or he'll just accept his fate and sign their initial offer.
                            What we are paying JV is about the right number for him but I would pay 25 mil cause no one on Houston plays defence

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                              greg monroe is still available...
                              Love his B.B. iq but we need a shot blocker

Comment

Even if they did want to do that S&T (which they wouldn't like you stated), we can't do a S&T because it hard caps you at the apron and we'd be over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X