• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Love his B.B. iq but we need a shot blocker
    [IMG]Untitled[/IMG]

Comment

• We really just need a body to backup JV for less than 12 minutes a game. JV, Serge and Pascal can handle at least 36 minutes of centre. Give JV 32 minutes, and have Serge play 12-15 minutes at the 4 in the beginning of first and 3rd quarters then 8-12 minutes at the 5 backing up JV. Pascal can play some 5 if he matches up well. JV can play a bit more if he’s rolling and not in foul trouble. Give pascal 20-30 minutes per game at the 4/5, give OG some minutes at the 4, etc. There are a lot of options and I think we’ll be fine. Like I said, just a body to throw out there a couple minutes per game in transitional lineups. Even Bebe will do the trick.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        We really just need a body to backup JV for less than 12 minutes a game. JV, Serge and Pascal can handle at least 36 minutes of centre. Give JV 32 minutes, and have Serge play 12-15 minutes at the 4 in the beginning of first and 3rd quarters then 8-12 minutes at the 5 backing up JV. Pascal can play some 5 if he matches up well. JV can play a bit more if he’s rolling and not in foul trouble. Give pascal 20-30 minutes per game at the 4/5, give OG some minutes at the 4, etc. There are a lot of options and I think we’ll be fine. Like I said, just a body to throw out there a couple minutes per game in transitional lineups. Even Bebe will do the trick.
        what is bebe's situation with the raptors right now?

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
          what is bebe's situation with the raptors right now?
          UFA I believe, but I’m sure he’d love to resign considering how dry the market is right now, especially for fringe backups like him.

Comment

UFA I believe, but I’m sure he’d love to resign considering how dry the market is right now, especially for fringe backups like him.
            i find it odd that the FO would resign Brown before Lucas, with what little cap the organization has remaining.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
              i find it odd that the FO would resign Brown before Lucas, with what little cap the organization has remaining.
              Yeah, not to mention Jordan Lloyd. Is Lloyd just a camp tryout, 905 type deal? Or does he have a roster spot?

Strange, piling up point-guards with such a clear need at the 5 spot.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Highly unlikely but possible, if Cousins doesn’t pan out and KD or Curry get injured. Basically a lot of things have to go right for the Raptors to win a title.
                If Kawhi doesn't get snaked by Zaza Pachulia in that series two years ago, it is entirely possible that the Spurs beat the Warriors that year. The Spurs weren't afraid of the Warriors because they knew with Kawhi healthy they could defend them to death, which no other team in the league could do. And we have better players, top to bottom, surrounding Kawhi than the Spurs did two years ago.

Comment

• Regarding the last slot going to a big - I suspect there's another, smaller trade coming down the pike, mostly because the Lorenzo Brown signing seems to signal a forthcoming trade with either Delon or Malachi Richardson getting moved, which would free up one more slot. (Unless, of course, they waive Lorenzo at some point, since I don't believe there's any guarantees on his deal? Still, if they weren't sure about Lorenzo I think they would have just signed him to another camp deal instead.)

Besides, they don't have the space to make a serious bid for Capela or Montrezl Harrell. Mo Speights signed in China, probably because he could read the writing on the wall after his awful last season. Joffrey Lauvergne signed with Fenerbahce for basically the same reason. You want a defensive center, so forget Jahlil Okafor and Greg Monroe. Chris Boucher is a great shot blocker but he needs another twenty pounds of muscle so badly. David West was talking about retiring and if he doesn't he'll probably just re-up with Golden State. I honestly don't know if there's a better option left Boucher or just than re-signing Bebe if you can't trade for a decent banger defensive center. Maybe Salah Mejri? Maybe?

Comment

• A player I don't know enough about but wonder about for backup C is Alex Len...
                    He's still available...
                    Presumably he'll be able to fetch more than we'll want to offer?
                    Has the look of someone who can play the modern center (...aka 7ft+ but not utterly plodding.)
                    He make any sense?
                    Presumably Raps will look to trade rather than add more salary I guess though.

Comment

• David West IMO is an ideal vet, no push over and greater locker room influence to acquire if he is still available.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Regarding the last slot going to a big - I suspect there's another, smaller trade coming down the pike, mostly because the Lorenzo Brown signing seems to signal a forthcoming trade with either Delon or Malachi Richardson getting moved, which would free up one more slot. (Unless, of course, they waive Lorenzo at some point, since I don't believe there's any guarantees on his deal? Still, if they weren't sure about Lorenzo I think they would have just signed him to another camp deal instead.)

Besides, they don't have the space to make a serious bid for Capela or Montrezl Harrell. Mo Speights signed in China, probably because he could read the writing on the wall after his awful last season. Joffrey Lauvergne signed with Fenerbahce for basically the same reason. You want a defensive center, so forget Jahlil Okafor and Greg Monroe. Chris Boucher is a great shot blocker but he needs another twenty pounds of muscle so badly. David West was talking about retiring and if he doesn't he'll probably just re-up with Golden State. I honestly don't know if there's a better option left Boucher or just than re-signing Bebe if you can't trade for a decent banger defensive center. Maybe Salah Mejri? Maybe?
                        I wouldn't like to trade Delon for a backup big. It's more important to have the point guard depth.

I like the idea of floating Powell to bad teams and see if you can find a trade partner. Add a 2nd rounder if you have to and that could maybe get something done.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't like to trade Delon for a backup big. It's more important to have the point guard depth.

I like the idea of floating Powell to bad teams and see if you can find a trade partner. Add a 2nd rounder if you have to and that could maybe get something done.
                          I agree with that, Delon has way more value than a backup big, even with us loaded with guards. I think if we get a backup big it will be more of an injury insurance player than an actual rotation piece like Yak was. No sense in giving valuable assets for that.

As constructed, Serge will see more minutes at C and could become the de-facto backup center if his production at PF can't keep up with the other guys playing there. Seems like Nurse wants use JV better and more often, so that may lead to less backup C minutes anyway.

The Bucks wouldn't go for it, but I'd float Norm + a 2nd for Henson. He seems to be a reliable piece for what would be asked of him, and he's an UFA in 2020, which fits within our window. Either that or hit the Hawks for Dedmon.

Failing that, they could also use the two-way contracts like they did last year and have a warm body suit up any time JV or Ibaka are hurt/having a rest game. I would definitely add Boucher (and Alkins) either as a regular spot or a two-way.

I'm not Bebe's biggest fan, but as a 12th/13th man (non-playoff piece) that can help JV & Serge get through the grind of the regular season, he is serviceable. He also has a great relationship with Kyle, which may be a nice locker-room stabilizing element with Demar gone.
                          Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            If we are gonna resign Kawhi Leonard, we need to surround him with better players. I propose a few trades

1) Toronto out: Serge Ibaka, Malachi Richardson
                            Toronto in: resigned Montrezl Harrell, Danilo Galinari

2) Toronto out: Kyle Lowry, OG Anunoby, Norman Powell
                            Toronto in: Jeff Teague, Andrew Wiggins

Our Lineups becomes
                            Teague
                            Wiggins
                            KL
                            MHarrell
                            Valanciunas

Key Benches
                            Delon/FVV
                            Danny Green
                            Danilo Galinari
                            Siakam
                            Backup Center

Dear God...No...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, not to mention Jordan Lloyd. Is Lloyd just a camp tryout, 905 type deal? Or does he have a roster spot?

Strange, piling up point-guards with such a clear need at the 5 spot.
                              Loyd is on a 2-way deal. Doesn't take a roster spot.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He's UFA but we do still have his full Bird Rights. So we can offer him any contract we like, essentially. Only concern is the tax - anything above the minimum will cost like 4x the actual salary difference. And with Bebe being a 4 year veteran, he actually makes 1.62M on his minimum deal, while the Raptors only pay (and pay tax on) 1.51M of that. So to actually outbid the minimum, they have to go up closer to 1.7M - which is already basically 1M more expensive in real cash dollars than the minimum.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X