This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    They tried the closed door meeting. I think Kawhi quit on the team long before Parker's comments, hence Parker's comments.
    Its unprofessional and it burns bridges. You don't mend fences with a sledge. You don't hit your car with a sledge before you put it on the market either.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Its unprofessional and it burns bridges. You don't mend fences with a sledge. You don't hit your car with a sledge before you put it on the market either.
      You also don't quit on your team. Kawhi is neither a fence nor a car, he's a grown man and he stopped showing up to work
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

You also don't quit on your team. Kawhi is neither a fence nor a car, he's a grown man and he stopped showing up to work
        So if someone wrongs you in your mind that gives you a license to check your principals at the door? It was plain stupid and shortsighted to do what Parker did whether it was just him or whether Pop was also involved. They hit the bees nest and now they're getting stung. The Spurs golden years are over, this is the moment its clear. Based on what your said Parker would have had to known this was going to make matters far worse.

Comment

• I just don't buy that he was healthy and didn't want to play. Was he waiting for Zaza to injure him so he could leave to LA?
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm not usually one to take a players side in a trade demand but consider a few things. He was hurt, their doctors said he was fine but a second opinion said that he wasn't fine. Then Pop sends two of his boys out to the media to essentially call him a pussy. At some point he's had it, probably in this instance and says he wants out and he's not re-signing with them. Instead of taking that seriously they try to smooth it over like they did with Aldridge. He won't have it and stands firm. They still don't look like they're going to act and it is now that he lets it be known to the public he's demanded a trade. This isn't a Vince Carter/Toronto Raptors level screw job. The Spurs dropped the ball here after being given many chances and that's probably because Pop isn't used to losing.
            The rumblings of him wanting to leave began way before Ginobli and Parker speaking out. It's just a convenient smoke screen.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Being anything other than supportive of Kawhi was a dumb move. Even if you are frustrated with him, he could have been the future of the team. You don't call him out because this is Tony's last kick at the can. Now they've pissed off their star and would be future of the team, and it makes the spurs look bad. Tough times coming to San Antonio.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                Being anything other than supportive of Kawhi was a dumb move. Even if you are frustrated with him, he could have been the future of the team. You don't call him out because this is Tony's last kick at the can. Now they've pissed off their star and would be future of the team, and it makes the spurs look bad. Tough times coming to San Antonio.
                Its a dumb move on all fronts. If you know he's out you're killing the leverage you have on the market. Leonard has no reason to play along on the surface if his character is attacked on the surface. Its bad business. It's not about being right. Being right is for losers. Seriously, that doesn't matter. Wait until he's out and then open your big mouth to the press.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  The rumblings of him wanting to leave began way before Ginobli and Parker speaking out. It's just a convenient smoke screen.
                  All rumors. That can be managed. They needed to take their foot off the gas. They made a mistake no matter even if they were right about Leonard's true status. If they knew he was out it was even more reason to put on a show.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                    Being anything other than supportive of Kawhi was a dumb move. Even if you are frustrated with him, he could have been the future of the team. You don't call him out because this is Tony's last kick at the can. Now they've pissed off their star and would be future of the team, and it makes the spurs look bad. Tough times coming to San Antonio.
                    This is where we fundamentally disagree. A lot of you buy the story that the spurs alienated kawhi to the point in leaving. To me whether they threw him under the bus or not is moot. His mind was made up, his camp wants to strong arm their way to new York or LA
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Damn, that's a lot of assumptions LJ2. I thought you were against assumptions? I mean I just read that.
                      haha, well that was the point. I don't think either of us can say what happened with any certainty.

Comment

Comment

This is where we fundamentally disagree. A lot of you buy the story that the spurs alienated kawhi to the point in leaving. To me whether they threw him under the bus or not is moot. His mind was made up, his camp wants to strong arm their way to new York or LA
                          It's going to look bad on the organization to be anything but supportive, even if he was leaving. Tough situation to be in before. Now they have a potential superstar who has tanked his trade value and wants out. It's a no win at this point, so the spurs should just look professional as possible.

Comment

• Howard traded again? lmao. This becoming a yearly thing now.

He was in such a great spot with the Magic and then all of a sudden he asked for a trade lol. Bet you he regrets that decision now. That decision might even cost him a spot in the HOF. His career just spiralled downward like crazy after that trade.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Howard traded again? lmao. This becoming a yearly thing now.

He was in such a great spot with the Magic and then all of a sudden he asked for a trade lol. Bet you he regrets that decision now. That decision might even cost him a spot in the HOF. His career just spiralled downward like crazy after that trade.
                              I’d say its when he got his back injury. Hasn’t been the same since.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                I’d say its when he got his back injury. Hasn’t been the same since.
                                and when Shaq got into his head regarding post moves. Ever since then he's been trying to become this post up centre and he just doesn't have it.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X