X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Poeltl wasn't a lottery pick?
    Free pass. The put up and shut up time on him occurs during the "event horizon".

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Masai would have never left Denver if Toronto was a lame duck. He was a hero in Denver for how he handled Melo. Toronto had promise, it just needed a more competent manager with a new leash.
      When Masai arrived Toronto had no draft picks, no cap space, hadn’t made the playoffs in years and had terrible contracts in Bargnani and Gay. I wouldn’t call that promise.

Comment

• Masai resigned Lowry twice. Lowry's goal when he got to Toronto was to pay his dues and leave. He resigned when Masai took over. Derozan was resigned by Masai. We got a JV for a crazy good deal. We passed the stage where you can call this core Colangelo's.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Carroll signing didn't work out, but it was about DeMar - it was about needing a wing who hit threes to open space on offense for DeMar, and who could defend the toughest assignment every night because DeMar couldn't do that.

It did not pan out because of injuries, but honestly, the offense we ran last year, if we'd run it with Carroll, he would've fit much better.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Poeltl wasn't a lottery pick?
            Poeltl was a GOOD lottery pick.

Comment

• The bench was all Masai, besides Bruno he has drafted exceptionally.

Well I don't think Masai is the best out there he still is better than BC. I wish Masai was a bit more trigger happy but not to the extent BC was. There was very little continuity on BC's Raptor teams. It was more
              Of throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.
              Last edited by saints91; Fri Jun 22, 2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Oh, also, let's just forget the fact that Colangelo's mismanagement was part of what ran Chris Bosh, one of the best players the franchise has ever had, out of town.
                I don't think his point wasn't meant to turn this into an bad move pissing contest. I think it was meant to remind people of what the roster was like at the start, where it is now, what happened along the way and what are the key core pieces that led to the current success (ie: DD, Lowry, JV and Casey all coming into their own).

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Poeltl was a GOOD lottery pick.
                  I'm not talking "good" pick. I'm talkin impact player. Is he an impact player? the answer is no.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I seriously can't believe Raptors fans are nostalgic for the Colangelo era. Next thing you know we're going to have people wanting Rob Babcock back.

Comment

Bryan Colangelo brought DeRozan, Lowry and JV here. DeRozan and Lowry would probably go down as the two greatest Raptors of all time.

Bryan also brought Dwane Casey here. You know....the greatest coach in Raptors history.

But sure, let's talk about all the bad moves he's made because every GM in this league is perfect. *roll eyes*

Now let's talk about Masai, he's been the GM of this team for 6+ years now. Name me ONE impact player that he has brought to this team in his 6 years here?

Now, if we're going to talk about Colangelo's mistakes like the Gay and Turkoglu signing etc...why not talk about Masai's mistakes like the Carroll signing? what about the Ibaka and Norm extension? what about drafting a guy who absolutely can't play in Bruno in 2014? Capela was still on the board btw when they took Bruno. I can go on and on.
                      Hired: may 31, 2013. Current date: June 22, 2018. Time as GM: 5 years, 22 days.

Don't fudge numbers t rex. It's unbecoming
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I don't think his point wasn't meant to turn this into an bad move pissing contest. I think it was meant to remind people of what the roster was like at the start, where it is now, what happened along the way and what are the key core pieces that led to the current success (ie: DD, Lowry, JV and Casey all coming into their own).
                        THIS TEAM WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD.

Why don't we account for that? They were accidentally good, and Masai kept them getting better, but they were never supposed to be.

Comment

I'm not talking "good" pick. I'm talkin impact player. Is he an impact player? the answer is no.
                          Who are you drafting in 2016 after Poeltl who was impact player?
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Poetlt was the consensus pick at 9. It wasn't a bad pick

Comment

Last thing, Bryan brought more to this franchise than Ujiri. You can talk about all the playoff appearances and whatnot but the fact is Ujiri did it using Colangelo's guys. DeRozan, Lowry and JV.
                              Just a quick note here. Colangelo has DeRozan, JV and Lowry on his CV because he SUCKED. He built a bunch of terrible teams, got a bunch of high draft picks, managed to hit on a couple of them, and trade another to get a good player. If you suck, yes, you will end up with a bunch of high picks, and if you hit on even some of those you will end up with very good talent.

Colangelo didn't even know what he had in those players. Lowry was buried behind Jose, who Bryan eventually moved for Gay, who of course shoved DeRozan off the ball, and JV was stuck playing beside Bargnani and carrying the 2nd lowest usage of the starters (thanks to the brilliant starting SF, which was a revolving door of Mikael Pietrus, Landry Fields, Alan Anderson, Terrence Ross and Dominic McGuire until Gay came along and forced JV to 5th in usage). Yes, the shitty GM who shittily GMed his team to shitty records for years at a time ended up with lotto talent on his team. Hooray!

Thankfully we eventually got a real GM who had some inkling how to use and surround lottery talent. If Masai's biggest star discoveries were him finding guys on his own team, that's still a sight better than what BC managed - he drafted them, and still couldn't find them on his own roster.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Hired: may 31, 2013. Current date: June 22, 2018. Time as GM: 5 years, 22 days.

Don't fudge numbers t rex. It's unbecoming
                                Just have to count the playoff appearances. Easy way to remember.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X