This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Boston fans spent years killing Ainge for being too patient before he pulled the trigger on Kyrie.
    Except you could see he actually had piled up a ton of high value assets.

What high value assets do we have? OG, that's about it. And even he isn't exactly sky high.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      I love how Barolt just slides in the DeRozan bashing every chance he gets, the same guy who wanted Ross to start over him.

Not sure why you brought up that DeRozan was the reason we couldn't rebuild as an argument for Masai. Nobody forced Masai to pay him that contract, or even keep him after paying it. Could've traded him the following December and then looked to move Kyle as well and rebuilt. Or he could've just let him walk and then rebuilt. He didn't.
      You're right! I called the DeRozan contract a mistake at the time, and I still feel it was a mistake, because it's what locked in this core.

Masai isn't faultless, but there has been a method to what he's done.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Anthony Parker? Are we remembering the same Anthony Parker?

He was a serviceable wing. Slightly above average (for the first couple years anyway), solid role player. Probably on par with FVV, maybe. Definitely a significantly better wing signing than the dozen other names BC tried at SF throughout the years.

Same goes for Garbo, who wasn't actually above average.

Great players? Man alive, the nostalgia is real.
        I didn't say they were great players in a vacuum. I said they were great players for us. Learn to fucking read.

Comment

• The fucking barometer for Masai isn't Colangelo. It's Ainge, it's Morey, it's Bob Myers, it's RC Buford.

If we want to win a title he needs to be better and smarter than those guys and he isn't.

Comment

I didn't say they were great players in a vacuum. I said they were great players for us. Learn to fucking read.
            Oh, I'm sorry.

In that case, why do all the role players who were great "for us" under Masai fail to qualify for your standard?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Except you could see he actually had piled up a ton of high value assets.

What high value assets do we have? OG, that's about it. And even he isn't exactly sky high.
              Stupidity like the Nets trade don’t come around too often.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Oh, I'm sorry.

In that case, why do all the role players who were great "for us" under Masai fail to qualify for your standard?
                I didn't say they fail to qualify. I replied to a poster who said that BC never unearthed diamonds in the rough like Masai did, when that's clearly fucking false. That's why I said learn to read. Go back and look at the string of posts you're replying to before attacking my post.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  He got a second chance with Philly and he fucked that up too. He's never going to be GM in NBA.
                  That was his 2nd chance?

He got fired in Toronto. Just like a lot of GM's got fired.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    That was his 2nd chance?

He got fired in Toronto. Just like a lot of GM's got fired.
                    Yeah that was his second chance because he ruined his reputation in Toronto. A lot of GM's get fired and they never get same job back in some other place.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The fucking barometer for Masai isn't Colangelo. It's Ainge, it's Morey, it's Bob Myers, it's RC Buford.

If we want to win a title he needs to be better and smarter than those guys and he isn't.
                      How are we judging GMs with definitive certainty? Some advanced stat I don't know about? Fucking tell me how this fucking barometer has been fucking determined shaolin!
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Easy there.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Yeah that was his second chance because he ruined his reputation in Toronto. A lot of GM's get fired and they never get same job back in some other place.
                          So if a GM gets fired then their reputation is ruined? so David Griffin's reputation is now ruined?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If Masai gets fired(hes going to get fired) then his reputation is now ruined? lol
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

So if a GM gets fired then their reputation is ruined? so David Griffin's reputation is now ruined?
                              Is Billy King's reputation ruined?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If Masai gets fired(hes going to get fired) then his reputation is now ruined? lol
                                What indication has there been that Masai is even close to getting fired?
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X