Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Myers is very good, but the next 4 years are going to tell us if he's better than Masai. He drafted tremendously well and getting Andre Iguodala in the sign and trade was tremendous. There's more to being a GM than being a draft savant though, especially when a lot of that work is done by your scouting department. Let's see how he handles this team and the financial crunch that's coming - of ownership says they aren't going to pay the biggest tax bill in the history of the sport, how does he transition out of that?
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Brace yourselves

#FireMasai thread is coming soon...

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I didn't say they fail to qualify. I replied to a poster who said that BC never unearthed diamonds in the rough like Masai did, when that's clearly fucking false. That's why I said learn to read. Go back and look at the string of posts you're replying to before attacking my post.
        You literally said Parker and Garbajosa were better than any of the gems Masai has to his name.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          You literally said Parker and Garbajosa were better than any of the gems Masai has to his name.
          He also said FVV is about to be a bad contract, which, considering FVV can't make more than $9m or so next year, LOL.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I mean, in fairness, FVV tax hit could well be an overpay next year from ownership's perspective. I think that's what is concerning more than anything.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              He also said FVV is about to be a bad contract, which, considering FVV can't make more than $9m or so next year, LOL.
              Yes paying $10M a year for a PG with no upside who's undersized and had one good season seems like a bad idea to me. Especially in a PG heavy league, that could become a deal that's just sitting on your books because no one wants to pay a backup PG that much when they could get one for cheap in the draft or even off waivers.

Comment

Yes paying $10M a year for a PG with no upside who's undersized and had one good season seems like a bad idea to me. Especially in a PG heavy league, that could become a deal that's just sitting on your books because no one wants to pay a backup PG that much when they could get one for cheap in the draft or even off waivers.
                He's only played one season! And he was a top-50 player by impact stats!

Playing ~8-9% of the cap for a backup point guard who is one of the best in the league is a pretty good use of resources.

Comment

He's only played one season! And he was a top-50 player by impact stats!

Playing ~8-9% of the cap for a backup point guard who is one of the best in the league is a pretty good use of resources.
                  One full season, he played for us about half the year the year before.

They discussed this on the Dunc'd on podcast, but yeah a deal like that doesn't seem bad in a vacuum. But then all of a sudden you're a team that has no chance at the title and has a ton of medium to large sized deals that aren't really that movable and you're stuck.

That's the other problem with delaying a rebuild. We have to pay Delon next summer and Pascal and Poeltl the year after.
                  Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Fri Jun 22, 2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

One full season, he played for us about half the year the year before.
                    He played 294 minutes the season before. Stop with the hyperbole.

Comment

He is in the Sixth man of the year conversation. He showed his impact on the bench unit when he got injured and they played without him. You keep him, especially for $10M a year.

Comment

He played 294 minutes the season before. Stop with the hyperbole.
                        It's not hyperbole. You lied/presented incorrect data. You said this was his first season with us. It absolutely was not.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          He is in the Sixth man of the year conversation. He showed his impact on the bench unit when he got injured and they played without him. You keep him, especially for $10M a year.
                          So did Powell (show impact with the bench). Numbers weren't quite as good but was productive for us off the bench and a beast when he started. Now we're looking to basically dump him.

There is a consequence to continually handing out long-term deals to role players, especially ones without any kind of proven multi-year track record.

Comment

It's not hyperbole. You lied/presented incorrect data. You said this was his first season with us. It absolutely was not.
                            No. I said he's played 1 season. I don't think a handful of garbage time minutes the year before counts as a season.

Comment

So did Powell. Numbers weren't quite as good but was productive for us off the bench and a beast when he started. Now we're looking to basically dump him.

There is a consequence to continually handing out long-term deals to role players, especially ones without any kind of proven multi-year track record.
                              WHAT?

Norm was NEVER, EVER, EVER in the Sixth man of the Year conversation. Fred is a nominee for the award.

Comment

• Oh, protect me from having a deal that just sits on the books! What would we do if we wanted to rebuild and had a $10M PG sitting on our books? How would we manage it?

The reality is, the only reason to be worried about FVV's salary is if you a) are the owners and give a crap about profit margins or b) there are no other reasons. In the short term, he will help, and if he doesn't, apparently he can be replaced for cheap no problem, and we don't gain any additional flexibility by not signing him. In the long term, the books are so clean after this two year window that he's not going to kill you anyway.

Heck, here's an idea. We should take a RISK that FVV is actually as good as he has shown, by giving him a contract, rather than playing it safe and letting him walk.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X