X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    If only! Working for the Raptors!

Sadly, I'm stuck working a normal job and posting my honest opinions about the team.
    I feel like a team could do worse than hiring Dan as a CBA expert. I've been lurking around here a while and very seldom do I see him with wrong information.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Best coach in leafs modern history
      I mean, he doesn't have any competition there really.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        I mean, he doesn't have any competition there really.
        Pat Quinn was underrated!
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          Pat Quinn was underrated!
          mmmm he was good....

Comment

• People who mention Buford as a better GM.

Buford's boss is... Popovich. Now, Pop is coach so he probably doesn't handle day-to-day player management, but I'm guessing when it comes to a player personnel decision, the ball is in Pop's hands.

Basically, Pop might be the comparison for Masai? IDK, the Spurs FO is a bit different. I guess ours is different too since technically Masai is President, not GM.

Comment

• So what's more likely.

Standing pat (other than maybe flipping Norm) or one of DeMar/Kyle/Ibaka being on a different roster next year?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                So what's more likely.

Standing pat (other than maybe flipping Norm) or one of DeMar/Kyle/Ibaka being on a different roster next year?
                If you add moving JV to the first option I'd say it's 70/30 that we don't move any of DeMar/Kyle/Ibaka.

We'll probably hear a lot of "the right offers weren't there" and "there weren't any good partners", when the actual explanation should be "the contracts for these players has seriously hurt their trade value and attractiveness to other teams".

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  So what's more likely.

So many questions.. hard to get a read on things especially after the way the draft went for all teams. What's the market like post-Kawhi/Lebron moves? Who's looking for talent? Is DeMar the right type of talent? Is Masai even moving him? What is Masai looking for in return, etc, etc.

Given all the unknowns and the way the draft went.. my gut would say that the 2.5 headed dragon is back (Ibaka is just a half a dragon head, not a whole one) and I'll be leaning towards a 75/25 split on that...

But with that said, I still think there are a lot of pseudo stars that might be changing teams this year. Washington might have a plan to break up Beal/Wall after another first round exit. Portland is capped up and lost pretty convincingly to a pretty mediocre team. Looks like there are problems in Minny with both Wiggins and KAT. Charlotte is looking at becoming a dumpster fire. San Antonio may have to pivot if Kawhi leaves so LMA might become available. Lakers may become desperate if Kawhi stays in SA and Lebron goes to Houston or something. Orlando has to do something about their center problem and need a PG. Does Memphis want to still deal Parsons? What does OKC do if George is gone? How does Cleveland rebuild without Lebron? What do they do to try and keep Lebron?

So I'm changing my probability to 60/40 that we do nothing with the big three.

Comment

I would rank morey and ainge ahead.. probably Buford and the spurs group..morey is really still basically coasting off the harden trade...ainge gets the benefit of managing in boston where Hayward and horford likely sign no matter who is the GM. Toronto is a tough mrket to sign a big fish or keep a big fish.

I would say masai ranks anywhere from 3 to 7 in the NBA so let's plop him at 5
                    A.I wrote: View Post
                    Myers, Morey, Ainge, Buford (In no particular order) and then Masai...so top 5.
                    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Ainge, Morey, RC Buford definitely have a more accomplished resumes. So in my mind he's in Top 10.
                    Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Top 5. The only guys I would make a case for ahead of him are Ainge, Morey and Myers.
                    Ok, given his immense abilities do you truely feel like he's making the most out of his situation? I'm asking you if you think he's avoiding mistakes, I'm asking you do you think he's playing this to win it or is he playing this not to lose?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Ok, given his immense abilities do you truely feel like he's making the most out of his situation? I'm asking you if you think he's avoiding mistakes, I'm asking you do you think he's playing this to win it or is he playing this not to lose?
                      He is making the most out of what he has available. He has made a few mistakes: Signing Carroll ( I don't fully blame him for this as Carroll got injured and was never the same), trading for Ibaka and signing Bruno (a mistake that really has no effect on the team).

As I said before, I think the next few seasons will determine Masai's worth as a GM. He rode along with the current core of the last several years making small changes, drafting the players he wants, as the team continued to improve and make the Playoffs. This was the year the Raptors peaked with the current core. Who knows, maybe they will be better with Nurse as the coach, but I don't expect to see any more significant improvements. They were the favourites in the Cavs series, were the #1 seed, expected to potentially make the Finals, and they got stomped. Derozan, Lowry and Ibaka will all be free agents soon and based on all of the reports that no one is untouchable, Derozan was reportedly shopped last off-season, I think the core will change significantly over the next few seasons. It won't happen overnight like some people here want.

Comment

• New resolution to myself: Don't talk Raptors to people on facebook, don't even read comments from people on facebook. My god the casual fan is stupid
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

New resolution to myself: Don't talk Raptors to people on facebook, don't even read comments from people on facebook. My god the casual fan is stupid
                            Bro the sheer amount of ignorance on social media is insane. The average person is quite stupid

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              His fall-off this past season was a mystery to me. Would like to see him go somewhere and succeed. Maybe a change of scenery is what is required.
                              Or a coaching change?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I think he's playing it to win. The truth is, we're always only seeing like 5%, at most, of what's going on. The information we don't have is vastly more than what we do.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X