This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Nobody in China is saying this. Yao's impact on basketball for millions of people outside of North America was huge. The CBA has since emerged as a legitimate overseas alternative league not in Euorpe, which was unheard of before. Again, it's the basketball hall of fame.
    They really should have two halls. One for "basketball" and one for the "NBA". And I agree with Keon above.. the basketball HOF is way too watered down.

Manu is a lock for the Hall. 23 years.. mainly productive on kick ass teams, 4 championships. Was a Euro stud as well leading Argentina. Dirk is still the Euro GOAT, but Manu is up there.. maybe 5th best Euro player ever after Dirk, Sabonis, Petrovic and Pau (in no particular order)?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      They really should have two halls. One for "basketball" and one for the "NBA". And I agree with Keon above.. the basketball HOF is way too watered down.

Manu is a lock for the Hall. 23 years.. mainly productive on kick ass teams, 4 championships. Was a Euro stud as well leading Argentina. Dirk is still the Euro GOAT, but Manu is up there.. maybe 5th best Euro player ever after Dirk, Sabonis, Petrovic and Pau (in no particular order)?
      5th best?! Marc Gasol, Schrempf & Smits careers were equally or better but they didn't win rings, however rings don't tell the whole story because Toni Kukoc won 3 and I wouldn't put him in the top 8.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        From ALCS back to back to the worst team of my lifetime- thanks Shapiro/rogers!
        Wait, you're really blaming Shapiro for this mess? what is he suppose to do?

Were you on the re-sign Price, EE, Joey Bats bandwagon? thank god he didn't bring those 3 back.

When Anthopolous made all those trades for Dickey and Buehrle and Tulo and Price etc.. years ago, everyone knew this would happen.

Shapiro is the architect behind the Cleveland Indians who's a perennial contender. He knows how to build a contending team without gutting out his prospect pool. The Jays i think are in great hands.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Wait, you're really blaming Shapiro for this mess? what is he suppose to do?

Were you on the re-sign Price, EE, Joey Bats bandwagon? thank god he didn't bring those 3 back.

When Anthopolous made all those trades for Dickey and Buehrle and Tulo and Price etc.. years ago, everyone knew this would happen.

Shapiro is the architect behind the Cleveland Indians who's a perennial contender. He knows how to build a contending team without gutting out his prospect pool. The Jays i think are in great hands.
          The first mistake was cheaping out on Encarnacion, and then trying to save face with Bautista. Completely bumbled the whole situation and ended up with the wrong guy. Now, you take away the major injuries of last year and and add EE back to the roster, and that team is flirting with the wild card again. I have confidence Anthopolous would have steered us a little better than this, everywhere he's went since his farts have been smelling like roses.

I do have confidence Shapiro is a good baseball mind. But I don't think he should have ever been hired in the first place, when we had one of the brightest execs in the game who just led us to back to back ALCS, AND was the guy who found Vladdy JR, why push him out the door? Just stupid stupid on the board of the ownership board. Beeston should have been replaced by a strictly business president .
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            5th best?! Marc Gasol, Schrempf & Smits careers were equally or better but they didn't win rings, however rings don't tell the whole story because Toni Kukoc won 3 and I wouldn't put him in the top 8.
            Almost forgot, technically speaking Giannis is a Euro.

Comment

• Manu is not a Euro player.

I don't have a problem with ranking him very highly among international guys, but he is technically not European.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Doing what? he's a ONE dimensional player - doesn't play any defense. Sounds familiar? is DeRozan a future hall of famer?

Ginobili's resume says 4 time NBA Champion. But they should add it with "Thank you Tim Duncan"

Winning 4 titles is what separates him from DeRozan. But if the roles were reversed, if DeRozan played with Duncan in the 2000's, he'd win 4 championships too. If Ginobili on the other hand played with the Raptors, we'd be talking about him as just another good scorer. Just like DeRozan is now.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  USA Team sucked in 2004 Olympics. They lost like 3 or 4 times lol.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Manu is not a Euro player.

I don't have a problem with ranking him very highly among international guys, but he is technically not European.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                    Yeah that slipped by for a long time lol. Argentina, right next to Germany..
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• JV picked Detroit of all places.... I thought he hates Casey?

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                          JV picked Detroit of all places.... I thought he hates Casey?
                          Detroit is lovely though

Comment

The Drummond trade rumour 2 years ago is still in his head.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

You got to read between the lines, Detroit is the last place JV wants to be traded to because of Dwayne Casey but he understands its still business.

Comment

• This episode better be heavily edited Serge...

Comment

Working...
                                X