X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    They're bad at it right now.

Do not underestimate how well run the Nets and Clippers are at the moment. Marks has barely put a foot wrong as GM and the Clippers have the kingmaker, Jerry West, running the show right now. Knicks front office seems more competent lately too but I'd put them solidly third behind those two.
    To be fair, Marks has also not made much noise. He's made a lot of solid moves and it's hard to find fault in anything he's done, but the team is mostly just not a complete mess anymore. They're still a bad team, though.

West may be running the Clippers, but they're actually just in an awkward spot. Right now they have a lot of ok but not great pieces and aren't really young, while not having their 1st rounder next year. Basically they need to hit a couple of home runs in free agency next year or else it could be a few years before they can turn things around, West or no West.

Does either team give up pieces for Butler when even with him, neither would be likely to have that great a season? And neither might be a contender anytime soon. Would Minny want what either one has to offer? We'll have to see the kind of price Minnesota sets. That was basically what determined Leonard's fate, and once again it could turn off some of "preferred" destinations.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      To be fair, Marks has also not made much noise. He's made a lot of solid moves and it's hard to find fault in anything he's done, but the team is mostly just not a complete mess anymore. They're still a bad team, though.

West may be running the Clippers, but they're actually just in an awkward spot. Right now they have a lot of ok but not great pieces and aren't really young, while not having their 1st rounder next year. Basically they need to hit a couple of home runs in free agency next year or else it could be a few years before they can turn things around, West or no West.

Does either team give up pieces for Butler when even with him, neither would be likely to have that great a season? And neither might be a contender anytime soon. Would Minny want what either one has to offer? We'll have to see the kind of price Minnesota sets. That was basically what determined Leonard's fate, and once again it could turn off some of "preferred" destinations.
      Would Minny want say Tobias Harris and a prospect for Butler? Probably, yes.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Clips picks is protected 1-14 this year and next. It's a disincentive to adding Butler. The incentive is that it's much easier to attract other stars (like Kawhi) if they have one in place. (Also the Bird rights of course. If money is what Butler wants, and it looks like it by that list of teams, Bird rights will be valuable.)

Comment

• Kawhi situation all over again?

Not ranked 5 hours ago, and now in 7th place just 4 hours later:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Kawhi situation all over again?

Not ranked 5 hours ago, and now in 7th place just 4 hours later:

It blows my mind that people actually bet on stuff like this ... reminds me of that one scene from Rat Race:

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Clips picks is protected 1-14 this year and next. It's a disincentive to adding Butler. The incentive is that it's much easier to attract other stars (like Kawhi) if they have one in place. (Also the Bird rights of course. If money is what Butler wants, and it looks like it by that list of teams, Bird rights will be valuable.)
              Looks like money is definitely a factor here. With Golden State making winning nearly impossible in the near term, maybe these stars are just content maxing out salary and building their brands. That's what Lebron is doing.

Comment

• I'm prepared for him to be a Raptor by Monday

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  It blows my mind that people actually bet on stuff like this ... reminds me of that one scene from Rat Race:
                  Take the t wolves, even vs the field

I mean..yeah! Fuckin degenerates!
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• But seriously, what a total cluster the T-Wolves have become. Two #1 overall draft picks, an elite player and former COY and they messed it up. Bulls front office must be laughing their asses off right now.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Welp. Eff the Logo.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                          Great point. And considering how crusty he’s been everywhere he’s played and the rep he’s getting for being a difficult teammate, I start to really wonder how worthy he is of our efforts. Don’t get me wrong, he’s worthy, but how worthy? As it stands, I’m really ready to give Kawhi the benefit of the doubt and hope that he’ll be a good teammate and love the great culture we’ve got set up here. One new big piece, in Kawhi, coming in is one thing to integrate. Two stars who have a history of disgruntlement runs the risk of having this whole thing collapse. I mean I’m all for putting together the best squad and having a hope in hell of competing with GSW. But this whole experiment a) could be pretty volatile, and b) already stands to have pretty fantastic results as is. — all that to say, at the end of the day, I think long hard before sending out OG/Siakam.

If we were on Jimmy’s list, I’d say great without reservation. The fact that (after liking the bleacher post ... I know I know, big deal) he’s not eager to come here, to play with Kawhi and this amazing squad that he could potentially put over the top, well, part of me thinks, fook that guy.
                          Bonus points for using disgruntlement in a sentence

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Welp. Eff the Logo.
                            "Clippers" is code for "Raptors"

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Lol... holy smokes haven't seen Dave Thomas in ages... Hudson's Bay ..Yonge & Bloor sometime in the foggy 90s.. recognize him checking out jeans I think.. big fan Bob & Doug Mckenzie, sctv etc... I go "hey Mckenzie" (I kinda forgot whether he was Bob or Doug) and he looked up and gave me that sheepish look/grin like he got caught doing a no-no!! Funny guy... loved his act forever.

Comment

• Point Guard Spencer Dinwiddie Jeremy Lin Isaiah Whitehead
                                Shooting Guard D'Angelo Russell Caris LeVert
                                Small Forward Allen Crabbe Dzanan Musa
                                Power Forward DeMarre Carroll Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
                                Center Jarrett Allen Dwight Howard

So...If your Sean Marks.... Do you roll the dice and move Rondae Hollis - Jefferson and Spencer Dinwidde for Jimmy B. No picks as those players are pretty good and fit holes in the Wolves depth chart. Thibs love D and thats Hollis Jefferson. They get a PG in the Jeff Teague succession plan. Filler would be Dudley and Darrell Arthur.

The payback is that the backfill for the suddenly pretty good Spencer Dinwidde is the FA signing of Kyrie Irving as he joins Jimmy in a pre arranged banana boat type deal. The Nets are now someone to be aware of. Irving of course could just resign in Boston.

Worth the risk to get Butler now... or take a bigger risk and wait till FA next July to try and get both Irving and Butler without shedding any assets... ?
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Sep 19, 2018, 09:51 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X