• Show
Clear All

• https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1559773

No surprise here, raptors gauging interest in Powell

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
      https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1559773

Despite the talk of a bigger trade, this was always the most sensible solution to the cap issues, if they can find a taker.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
        https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1559773

His fall-off this past season was a mystery to me. Would like to see him go somewhere and succeed. Maybe a change of scenery is what is required.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Despite the talk of a bigger trade, this was always the most sensible solution to the cap issues, if they can find a taker.
          Dallas, Orlando or Sac-Town for their 2nd round high pick.
          Everybody's a winner.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            His fall-off this past season was a mystery to me. Would like to see him go somewhere and succeed. Maybe a change of scenery is what is required.
            Yep that one is still a head scratcher. Almost seems like a confidence thing after FVV started taking up minutes. I expected big things from him after he broke out in the playoffs the year before.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Fuchan wrote: View Post
              Yep that one is still a head scratcher. Almost seems like a confidence thing after FVV started taking up minutes. I expected big things from him after he broke out in the playoffs the year before.
              Interesting bit of info from Nurse so far was that Norm was often working on his game alone while the 5 man bench unit spent much of the year practising together. I think that was at least part of it, he was certainly the most out of sync guy in the top 11.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Interesting bit of info from Nurse so far was that Norm was often working on his game alone while the 5 man bench unit spent much of the year practising together. I think that was at least part of it, he was certainly the most out of sync guy in the top 11.
                I also remember a story at some point in the last few years mentioning how guys out of the top 10 of our rotation basically would not participate in 5-man drills as it would just be the starters and primary bench group getting that work in. I think the article was about internal competition and young guys like Bruno and Bebe having to prove themselves.

Have I mentioned I'm glad Casey is gone?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  This is the DeMar that shows up in the playoffs every single year. Idk how you can just say its the Cleveland series.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  He's not usually AS bad as the Cleveland series. And I just don't see anything with his game that feels like it becomes unsustainable in the playoffs, especially 2017-18 Demar. I think it's just mental and I have belief he can overcome that.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    He's not usually AS bad as the Cleveland series. And I just don't see anything with his game that feels like it becomes unsustainable in the playoffs, especially 2017-18 Demar. I think it's just mental and I have belief he can overcome that.
                    Well you can believe that it's just mental and he can overcome it but I do not. I've seen more than enough evidence of playoff choking and downright godawful basketball to believe that.

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Meh, that's a wishy washy excuse. This is the NBA. He had plenty of practice with the system the year prior and all thru camp.

When your name is called to go in, do half decent at basketball. Or the next guy will
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Norm's not a high IQ player and doesn't have a good feel for the game. He's a straight line driver, with a weak handle and an unreliable 3-pt shot. He doesn't have any counters when his first attack is cut-off and hasn't developed any polished finishing moves in transition, like euro-step.

Norm's lack of BBIQ got exposed when the Raps offense changed from opening up seams for drivers to read & react ball movement this year. I don't know if his flaws are easily fixable without a massive amount of work. The ability to read the game will probably never be great.

Comment

• Norm's decision making was horrible this year. I don't know how many times he would try to drive to the basket and get a charging call, or jack up an untimely three. He was just forcing it way to much this year. Hopefully he has a good off-season and gets himself back on track. He's an incredibly hard worker and a good kid, I want to see him succeed.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Well you can believe that it's just mental and he can overcome it but I do not. I've seen more than enough evidence of playoff choking and downright godawful basketball to believe that.

Yeah. In 3 playoff series, he has not hit a single 3 vs the Cavs. Not one. Coupled with the fact that he routinely lets opposing shooting guards go off from distance (Korver, JR) and it's a recipe for disaster

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Meh, that's a wishy washy excuse. This is the NBA. He had plenty of practice with the system the year prior and all thru camp.

When your name is called to go in, do half decent at basketball. Or the next guy will
                              The team (or individual) that can solve the problem of why a player suddenly craters, and then struggles to climb out of the hole they are in will clean up in sports. Norm would have made a difference this past season.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                The team (or individual) that can solve the problem of why a player suddenly craters, and then struggles to climb out of the hole they are in will clean up in sports. Norm would have made a difference this past season.
                                Not really sure if Norm would have made a difference this season. OG stepped up once Norm was removed from the starting line up and dare I say he did a better job on LeBron in the playoffs than anyone else we've had out there. OG is the only player I would be bummed out about being traded from this roster at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X