X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Jokic is way better than JV..or any other Toronto Raptor
    Sure he's better than JV, but is he $14M a year better than him? It's like trying to build a team around K. Love in Minny, but with the hindsight of how that turned out. AAAnd with all of the knowledge we already have on small ball at our disposal. I don't like it, but hey the more bad teams going nowhere the better it is for the raptors.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Sure he's better than JV, but is he $14M a year better than him? It's like trying to build a team around K. Love in Minny, but with the hindsight of how that turned out. AAAnd with all of the knowledge we already have on small ball at our disposal. I don't like it, but hey the more bad teams going nowhere the better it is for the raptors.
      Just the way the cap is. Jokic is a max guy on any team, and you can afford to have 2 of them. Unfortunately most teams have max guys that will never get them to the finals (see: us), its not just Denver
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Not in this current version of the NBA he isn't. That's the going rate though so it's either put up or shut up.

Comment

Just the way the cap is. Jokic is a max guy on any team, and you can afford to have 2 of them. Unfortunately most teams have max guys that will never get them to the finals (see: us), its not just Denver
          Yeah, ideally you want max guys at the right positions who specialize in the right things. That's if you're going to follow the Warriors model. Soon someone will come along, find the Achilles heel of such a build and defeat it. Then everyone will build towards that because that's how this stuff has always worked.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Yeah, ideally you want max guys at the right positions who specialize in the right things. That's if you're going to follow the Warriors model. Soon someone will come along, find the Achilles heel of such a build and defeat it. Then everyone will build towards that because that's how this stuff has always worked.
            I honestly don't see how anyone can beat the warriors for at least another 2 years. They just overwhelm on sheer top end talent. As we were saying teams can afford 2 max guys, warriors happen to have (arguably) the 2nd and 3rd best players on the planet as their 2. Just not a fair dispersal of talent
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I honestly don't see how anyone can beat the warriors for at least another 2 years. They just overwhelm on sheer top end talent. As we were saying teams can afford 2 max guys, warriors happen to have (arguably) the 2nd and 3rd best players on the planet as their 2. Just not a fair dispersal of talent
              They won't be able to keep it together for much longer, yet they've changed the league in the process. When their time is done it will be primetime for something new to shock the league and catch it off guard. The Raptors need to be that something new.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The issue with max contracts in today's NBA. Denver has no choice but to do this. He's a great player but has limitations, especially defensively.
                I mean they intentionally made him a free agent to give him this contract, not like they had to.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I mean they intentionally made him a free agent to give him this contract, not like they had to.
                  They intentionally made him a free agent because he would be an RFA this year. Next year, he'd be a UFA.

Comment

Why would you want to do that? If you're acquiring him, is it not go "all In" for the playoffs?
                    Sorry, I meant to say if the team wasn't clicking perfectly.

If there was any sign that it wasn't going to work in the playoffs, trading his bird rights to the Lakers could get us back a nice group of young players (Ingram, Kuzma)

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Jokic's contract is a good contract.
                      I don't know if we can say he's a max player until we see the Nuggets in the playoffs and Jokic is targeted mercilessly as the weak link on defense. There's a high possibility he doesn't even play in crunch time.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        They won't be able to keep it together for much longer, yet they've changed the league in the process. When their time is done it will be primetime for something new to shock the league and catch it off guard. The Raptors need to be that something new.
                        ISO offense will be that new thing. Like plaid and Hawaiian shirts, Kobe-esque scorers will come back into style..... right after we trade DeMar.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                          Sorry, I meant to say if the team wasn't clicking perfectly.

If there was any sign that it wasn't going to work in the playoffs, trading his bird rights to the Lakers could get us back a nice group of young players (Ingram, Kuzma)
                          Or the Lakers will just wait until free agency so that they don't have to waste assets on him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I wonder if Tucker and Ariza will be on their way out if Houston lands one of the big free agents from this summer. Perhaps an opportunity to move DeRozan to say the Cavs or Spurs in a three way deal?

Comment

• The 2018-19 Predictive PIPM spreadsheet was released.

Notable Raptors:

16. Lowry
                              40. Fred VanVleet
                              56. OG Anunoby
                              71. Jonas Valanciunas
                              73. Lucas Nogueira
                              103. Serge Ibaka
                              115. Pascal Siakam
                              117. Delon Wright
                              140. Jakob Poeltl
                              144. DeMar DeRozan
                              221. CJ Miles
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I remember him cooking Raps for some weird ass reason
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X