Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this trade goes down, I wonder how Lowry is going to take it. Just can't see the same bromance dynamic between he and Kawhi.

Comment

• Everything 2018 Off Season

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      If this trade goes down, I wonder how Lowry is going to take it. Just can't see the same bromance dynamic between he and Kawhi.
      I think Kyle wants to win badly. Go look at his press conference after the sweep.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        If this trade goes down, I wonder how Lowry is going to take it. Just can't see the same bromance dynamic between he and Kawhi.
        I don't understand this argument at all. Again, the Raptors traded the godfather of Lowry's son and he got over it. He would survive, and he'd probably enjoy playing with Kawhi.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          I think Kyle wants to win badly. Go look at his press conference after the sweep.
          Yeah, the only DeMar trades I could see Kyle accepting are ones where we acquire a player better than demar.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I don't understand this argument at all. Again, the Raptors traded the godfather of Lowry's son and he got over it. He would survive, and he'd probably enjoy playing with Kawhi.
            It wasn't an argument, I just thought it would be funny. Clearly you did not.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
              Was it anything like his press conference after the previous sweep? Or the playoff loss before that, or the sweep before that? I know he wants to win badly and he would and should prioritize winning over his relationship with Demar. It was referring more to the playful nature between he and Demar...just can't see that with Kawhi because....well because Kawhi seems to have no expression or personality.

Comment

Was it anything like his press conference after the previous sweep? Or the playoff loss before that, or the sweep before that? I know he wants to win badly and he would and should prioritize winning over his relationship with Demar. It was referring more to the playful nature between he and Demar...just can't see that with Kawhi because....well because Kawhi seems to have no expression or personality.
                I couldn't care less about playfulness or personality. Nor should anybody else including Kyle Lowry

There's no trophies for leading the league in post game noogies during the interview with tsn
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No it was different. He felt fresh and ready to play, not broken and ready to stop. He was frustrated.

Comment

• Is Christopher Boucher a Raptor yet?

Comment

• https://www.thescore.com/news/1572310

They conveniently gloss over DeRozan...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

https://www.thescore.com/news/1572310

In discussions with other teams, the Spurs appear to be looking for a trifecta of an All-Star, young players with potential, and multiple draft assets, Wojnarowski and Shelburne added.

Comment

Does that mean we are leaving DeRozan out of the trade? Maybe we are trying to package Ibaka instead. I can see Ibaka, Norm/Poetl/Wright and 2019, and that I could see not being enough. But it would be sick if it did.

Lowry, FVV

DD, Kawhi, OG, Siakam, CJ

JV, Boucher?

Comment

Well we don't know that the Raps have offered him...they could be trying to low-ball them at this point

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                              Does that mean we are leaving DeRozan out of the trade? Maybe we are trying to package Ibaka instead. I can see Ibaka, Norm/Poetl/Wright and 2019, and that I could see not being enough. But it would be sick if it did.

Lowry, FVV

DD, Kawhi, OG, Siakam, CJ

JV, Boucher?
                              Either that, or they don't consider DeRozan an Allstar

Comment

• Had a hunch that we weren't offering DeRozan (mentioned earlier) and according to that report it looks like we didn't.

A JV-OG package is more similar to the structure of the Paul George trade. 24/25 year old guy who's on his 2nd deal who hasn't necessarily fully showcased his abilities (Oladipo, JV) and a high end prospect (Sabonis, OG). Now obviously Kawhi is better than George, but he's also depressed his value even more than George did with the behind the scenes drama. Not to mention I think the two pieces we're giving up there are better than the two Indiana gave up.

I think the Raptors can throw in Wright and the 2019 1st as well. If the Spurs are dead set on getting an all-star, that deal doesn't really work, but I'd be very hesitant to give up DeRozan AND Anunoby for Kawhi. At that point you really have to wonder if that's a big enough improvement on the wings for one year to justify the deal. The former leaves us with Poeltl/Ibaka to rotate at center instead of JV (so better D, worse rebounding, less versatile offense) and basically upgrading from OG to Leonard.
                                Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Tue Jul 17, 2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X