Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Boston is interested either. They really don/t need to make a trade at this point, they're pretty well set with what they have. If anything they need to tweak the front court a little but reports are they are staying put.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Sure. And that's the sort of logic where we can talk ourselves into Malachi and a 2nd being enough. Who knows! Maybe RC Buford just loves him some Richardson!
      Okay Dan!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        It's your opinion.... every GM values each player differently.
        Sure, but I think they probably try to be objective?

And yeah, the prospects/picks that Philly would be offering, even if they offer only some of them... would be better than ours.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I don't think philly and Boston are all that interested in taking a big risk/home run cut at this juncture and I get why. Magic and lebron don't seem interested in using assets right now. West and the clippers don't see a need to bid right now. I think the Knicks are drunk or stoned right now.

It leaves 3 teams at very similar junctures that would seem to want to add to their core and go all in: Portland, Washington and Toronto
          I agree that those teams don't want to take a big risk - but with their excess of assets, outbidding the Raptors' best prospect offers isn't actually a big risk - and allowing the Raptors to win Kawhi's services and maybe retain him long term could be just as big a risk.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I don't think philly and Boston are all that interested in taking a big risk/home run cut at this juncture and I get why. Magic and lebron don't seem interested in using assets right now. West and the clippers don't see a need to bid right now. I think the Knicks are drunk or stoned right now.

It leaves 3 teams at very similar junctures that would seem to want to add to their core and go all in: Portland, Washington and Toronto
            This is how I look at it as well. Philly and Boston are set up so well for the future that they would be dumb to take a big risk with assets here and fall flat.

Portland, Washington and us are in similar situations where we've basically maxed out our cores and can afford to take a risk to get better. Of those 3 we can put together by far the best asset package.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              Sure, but I think they probably try to be objective?

And yeah, the prospects/picks that Philly would be offering, even if they offer only some of them... would be better than ours.
              It's fact that Phili receives the lesser of their two 1st round picks next year (Between their own and Sacramento's), and they have a ton of second round picks coming to them (which are valuable)

Outside of Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz. I think Saric is the only prospect better than OG, Siakam, Wright and Poeltl....and I'm thinking of that objectively Dan.

So if Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz are off limits, they're not offering much more than what we can offer.

Boston could blow us out of the water.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I agree that those teams don't want to take a big risk - but with their excess of assets, outbidding the Raptors' best prospect offers isn't actually a big risk - and allowing the Raptors to win Kawhi's services and maybe retain him long term could be just as big a risk.
                What's a Boston bid that beats the Raptors bid without being a risk? Or a Philly bid for that matter? I believe Zach Lowe said he believed San Antonio straight up didn't want Fultz on a podcast last week.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

It's fact that Phili receives the lesser of their two 1st round picks next year (Between their own and Sacramento's), and they have a ton of second round picks coming to them (which are valuable)

Outside of Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz. I think Saric is the only prospect better than OG, Siakam, Wright and Poeltl....and I'm thinking of that objectively Dan.

So if Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz are off limits, they're not offering much more than what we can offer.

Boston could blow us out of the water.
                  Not unless they involve Jaylen Brown or some of their highly valuable future picks in the trade, at which point they'd be making it very hard for themselves to acquire Anthony Davis later.

Comment

• Boston, could trade their own picks for the next two years , Hayward and Jaylen Brown and still be deep

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Not unless they involve Jaylen Brown or some of their highly valuable future picks in the trade, at which point they'd be making it very hard for themselves to acquire Anthony Davis later.
                      Jaylen Brown is movable, they have Tatum, and they could offer their picks for the next two years as they have Sacs and Memphis's next year. They are set up really well to make this trade

Comment

Jaylen Brown is movable, they have Tatum, and they could offer their picks for the next two years as they have Sacs and Memphis's next year. They are set up really well to make this trade
                        Lol. The Celtics are not putting Jaylen Brown in a trade for 1 year of Kawhi. If they were they would already have him right now.

Comment

• if that's all it takes then they should pull the trigger. I would move Jaylen Brown, 2 picks and a larger contract for Kawhi. Even if Kawhi leaves they still have the assets to be as much of a contender as anyone else in the league.

Comment

• Tatum, Kyrie, the Memphis pick and Sac pick would be my only untouchables.

Comment

• on tsn 1050: Oddly enough Windhorst just said the Spurs are in control. Says he thinks the spurs have a good offer from the raptors, but not sure the spurs will pull the trigger (may wait for a better offer). Claims the spurs want young prospects. Says he won't name who he's heard is included in the trade bc its dangerous (but should be obvious to fans). Thinks it will be a genuine risk trade (raps won't get good look at him).
                              Last edited by rebelrouser89; Tue Jul 17, 2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                That's what I'm wondering, because all the reports so far seem to conflict with that idea.

It also doesn't really fit Masai's M.O. as Scraptor outlined.

I actually think it's more likely Masai just cashes in JV and almost all his prospect chips in the deal instead. Windhorst also seems to be the most connected here and said OG has to be in the deal when Lowe proposed a DeMar-centered one.
                                With regards to JV, I'm guessing that he's not as attractive of an asset in San Antonio as they already have Aldridge, whose essentially a post player as well - so a front court of both Aldridge and JV would not be ideal - they'd take each other's touches on offense, and defensively would be a challenge to keep up with faster-moving offenses and bevies of outside shooters.

Now, San Antonio has had success with the "Twin Towers" approach with Robinson and Duncan - but that was in a different offensive era.

Comment

Working...
                                X