Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as Kawhi reports then I’m cool with it.

If the trade didn’t happen the raps would face major Derozan decisions eventually. This day was going to come.

Comment

• guys wtf is this actually going to happen?

masai better know what he's doing if he's gonna deal with kawhi's "group"

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        guys wtf is this actually going to happen?

Fuck Kawhi's group. We'll have Kawhi's Bird rights and they'll have to play ball unless they want his career to be even more fucked than turning down $220 million guaranteed.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          guys wtf is this actually going to happen?

Kawhi's 'group' won't be in the locker room, and once Kawhi's on the team, that's where the real sales pitch to keep him will happen.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Fuck Kawhi's group. We'll have Kawhi's Bird rights and they'll have to play ball unless they want his career to be even more fucked than turning down $220 million guaranteed.

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Kawhi's 'group' won't be in the locker room, and once Kawhi's on the team, that's where the real sales pitch to keep him will happen.
            yeah fair enough.

Anyway, this is pretty wild but if the secondary assets given aren't too much then I don't have an issue i guess. top 5 players don't become available for trade very often, and you gotta gamble on it.

if it doesn't pan out, getting out from Demar's contract early, sad to say, is a good thing for the rebuild.

Comment

• I really hope that report that we told DeMar he wasn't getting traded is false.

Again, relationships matter in this league. Not sure how you convince Kawhi to stay here when you snake a guy who's been loyal to the franchise for 10 years. Got no problems trading him but you should be up front about it.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                My read, and I may be wrong, is that the "no desire" comment has nothing to do with Toronto.

Kawhi has spent months trying to get the Spurs to trade him to LA, it didn't work out, he was disappointed. I don't think it's really about the Raptors, and I don't think it means anything as far as the situation here.
                It literally says "Kawhi Leonard has no desire to play in Toronto".

So I'm not sure what your "read" is, but to say it has nothing to do with Toronto when it literally says it does... idk what you're on about man.

We're going to have to make a finals run to have any chance of keeping him imo. Hopefully there are further deals lined up or planned because Boston is arguably still better than us even with Kawhi, especially if we're sending out OG along with DeMar.

Comment

• There's two things I feel bad about:

1) The thing I read about that said DeRozan was told by Raptors' brass that he wouldn't be traded. I've never been a DeRozan fan, but that's just mean. Why would you ever say that to anyone, let alone a person with mental illness. Never tell a professional athlete that they're never going to be traded.

2) Over the past year my son finally reached the age where he started to be able to appreciate sports more and he's embraced basketball as his favorite sport, and DeRozan as his favorite player. I saw it with his drawings all year, his projects. He's now in a basketball camp and he's one of the best players.. he plays on our basketball net at home daily. We bought him a DeRozan jersey for Christmas. We all know how things work in the NBA (see #1), but for a 7 year old this will be heartbreaking.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• Here we go. Ballsy-ass move by Masai & Webster. Risk-averse GM tag has been obliterated.

But not looking forward to a few months of headlines like this....

"Kawhi Leonard - what happens next"
                    "Kawhi Leonard has not spoken to the Raptors"
                    "Raptors may have no choice but to suspend Kawhi Leonard"

etc..., etc...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Here we go. Ballsy-ass move by Masai & Webster. Risk-averse GM tag has been obliterated.

But not looking forward to a few months of headlines like this....

"Kawhi Leonard - what happens next"
                      "Kawhi Leonard has not spoken to the Raptors"
                      "Raptors may have no choice but to suspend Kawhi Leonard"

etc..., etc...
                      Lol... those headlines just made me twitch. Please God no

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        It literally says "Kawhi Leonard has no desire to play in Toronto".

So I'm not sure what your "read" is, but to say it has nothing to do with Toronto when it literally says it does... idk what you're on about man.

We're going to have to make a finals run to have any chance of keeping him imo. Hopefully there are further deals lined up or planned because Boston is arguably still better than us even with Kawhi, especially if we're sending out OG along with DeMar.
                        "Kawhi Leonard has no desire to play in Toronto" could also mean "Toronto isn't where Kawhi Leonard wanted to end up".

That doesn't mean he isn't going to give Toronto a shot.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          "Kawhi Leonard has no desire to play in Toronto" could also mean "Toronto isn't where Kawhi Leonard wanted to end up".

That doesn't mean he isn't going to give Toronto a shot.
                          Dude you said "the "no desire" comment has nothing to do with Toronto." I mean how can you say that when it's clearly written that he has no desire to be in Toronto. That's my issue with what you wrote.

Like you don't need to spin the deal. We knew from jump that trading for him would be a massive risk and he might already have made his mind up on leaving before even getting here. Right now we need to start thinking about further moves to ensure we at least get to the finals and have more than just money to use as a pitch to avert his eyes from Los Angeles.

Comment

• Something that's going to be very interesting about this is that we are taking Kawhi out of the Spurs system, and they are putting DeMar into it.

Not saying that Kawhi will revert to a mere mortal or that DeMar will instantaneously become an MVP, but it will be a fascinating experiment on how coaching and environment can affect a player. Pop helped Aldridge a great deal on defense imo, and you have to wonder whether he can do the same with DeMar.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Something that's going to be very interesting about this is that we are taking Kawhi out of the Spurs system, and they are putting DeMar into it.

Not saying that Kawhi will revert to a mere mortal or that DeMar will instantaneously become an MVP, but it will be a fascinating experiment on how coaching and environment can affect a player. Pop helped Aldridge a great deal on defense imo, and you have to wonder whether he can do the same with DeMar.
                              Yeah I'm very interested to see that as well. There is still a gulf in ability between the two players but maybe Pop will be able to get even more out of DeRozan on both ends, who knows.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I'm very interested to see that as well. There is still a gulf in ability between the two players but maybe Pop will be able to get even more out of DeRozan on both ends, who knows.
                                Yeah there's definitely a gulf, but watching it play out will be a little bit of NBA nature vs nurture. I expect DeMar's stats to suffer but his effectiveness to improve.

Kawhi was my pick for MVP last year before he got injured, so I'm crossing my fingers for that level of play. At the very least he'll immediately be the best defender in franchise history.

Comment

Working...
                                X