Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy when you think about this trade stemming from the Bargnani trade.

Masai trades Bargnani, gets a pick which was used to draft Poeltl and then flips Poeltl in a trade for Kawhi.

Comment

• In the worst case scenario, the DeRozan/Casey era is over. That alone is worth losing Yak, who I will miss tho. If we get a year of healthy Kawhi, that would be amazing. If Kawhi resigns, well, best trade in history.

Comment

• The defence is going to be unbelievable! OG and Siakam were my untouchables. We don’t lose our future.

I strongly felt we would take one more shot and move on. We can still be in the same scenario if Kawhi leaves. I’m glad we didn’t give up Wright Pascal or OG. It’s a win win trade in my opinion

Comment

• It's about the most SAS were going to get. No leverage whatsoever. They needed a trade partner eager - not just willing, but eager - to get off one of their star players. I didn't think Masai was that sour on the core, but I was wrong. Clearly two years of crapping out in the playoffs really did turn him off and he took an opportunity to clear the deck earlier than planned. I still think it says not great things about loyalty etc. in Toronto but I understand the alternative view.

Everything now hinges on Leonard's maturity - will he play and play hard - and on Ujiri's ability to sell him on a re-sign. Otherwise, all this is is a move away from Derozan avoiding his player option.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Still hard to see a DeMar go

Comment

• I hope my ripping the raptors lead to this trade good job MU

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                In the BESTcase scenario, the DeRozan/Casey era is over. That alone is worth losing Yak, who I will miss tho. If we get a year of healthy Kawhi, that would be amazing. If Kawhi resigns, well, best trade in history.
                Yup

Comment

• I just heard this s@#&,wow,lol and now Kawhi Leonard...this is freaking steal..we stole him..holy f@#k..
                  I just want 2 thank Derozan..a guy who love the city and wanted 2 play here..but this is business and I was always complaing for his lack of D,great scorer...so this deal is official...holy f@#k..I'm on cloud nine..this is insane..are we dreaming..
                  Hey man..if anyone can sell Kawli Leonard 2 stay..it's Masai Ujiri..everyone start singing...
                  I believe in Masai..I believe he can't touch the sky..can't wait for raps and leafs..literally this is just great..GO RAPTORS...
                  Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Wed Jul 18, 2018, 09:35 AM.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Even if Kawhi leaves I think this is still alright. Like I’ve said, this upcoming season would’ve been the last season of Lowry and DeMar anyways. We didn’t give up all that much. If Kawhi stays its amazing!

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      Yup
                      Haha, I mean even if Kawhi sulks and doesn't play or isn't healthy and leaves. Even in this scenario since we only give up Yak and a late pick, it's worth it.

I was resigned to accepting DeRozan, never ever liked his game. Seems like a great guy. but I like shooting guards that can shoot and defend.

Comment

• I can not believe since the Vince Carter days that I can truly and honestly say to myself that the Raptors are legit contenders.

Before this trade I cheer for this team but then you stop knowing their limitations.

But this is different and the hell with all this talk about Kawhi’s possibility of not showing up.

This is now more of a Team than just an individual player.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Well, Masai is a significantly better GM than I am. My opening salvo would have given up significantly more than Masai did. I can't believe what a steal this deal is.

I am incredibly happy they pulled it off without including OG. Like I said, if push came to shove I think I would have included him (after exploring all other alternatives), but I dramatically underestimated Masai. Wow wow wow. Keeping Siakam and Wright as well? Insane. Having protections on the ONE first rounder they give up? Un-freaking-believable.
                          Not to mention getting Green on the deal. I seem to remember it wasn't that long ago members were wanting to trade DeRozan for Green straigh up

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Not to mention getting Green on the deal. I seem to remember it wasn't that long ago members were wanting to trade DeRozan for Green straigh up
                            I think Green is the piece we needed to partially hedge the risk for the worst case scenario.

Comment

• Set aside for a moment that Raps acquired Kawhi...getting Danny Green and allowing other existing Raptors players especially OG to blossom and maybe Powell to a lesser extent, JV without a ball dominant SG who cant play defense and shoot the three is in itself a win.

Comment

• Man, I'm getting excited about the possible line-up's next season!

Comment

Working...
                                X