Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the things I'm reading from Raptors fans are incredible. I didn't see this kind of comradery and spirit after the 2nd round exit. Where were the DD defenders then?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      So what's our next move? We still got a couple of pieces that could be worth something. And clearly there is too much guards and not enough inside players on the roster right now. Pretty sure Masai wants to pull out another trade. Thoughts?
      We need a big (either PF or C or both). I suspect some minimum deals. Maybe we bring back Bebe. Might look for a vet minimum. We're still paying a lot of tax, so we might shed some contracts (like Miles now that we have Green), etc.

But these will come in time. We're in no hurry.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Some of the things I'm reading from Raptors fans are incredible. I didn't see this kind of comradery and spirit after the 2nd round exit. Where were the DD defenders then?
        It's fucking hilarious. They HATED Demar. "GET HIM OUT OF TOWN"

People are so stupid
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          So maybe we finally get an xmas day game? Spurs @ Raps on xmas day derozan’s first game back? Sounds good to me.
          ^This
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            So what's our next move? We still got a couple of pieces that could be worth something. And clearly there is too much guards and not enough inside players on the roster right now. Pretty sure Masai wants to pull out another trade. Thoughts?
            I could easily see another move happening, but just thought I'd remind you that 'inside players' aren't exactly the be-all-end-all in today's NBA.

Look at the Rockets - 3 bigs (plus Zhou)
            Cavs (last year) - no one over 6'10
            Celtics - Baynes, Horfod, Theiss...
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jul 18, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Raptors are still bad for ratings. I doubt we'll get Christmas.. unless we're playing a team like Boston or NY.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                So maybe we finally get an xmas day game? Spurs @ Raps on xmas day derozan’s first game back? Sounds good to me.
                Raps vs Boston or Lakers can work just as well, unless NBA wants to show early sneak preview on how bad the Lakers get spanked by the Warriors.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Raps vs Boston or Lakers can work just as well, unless NBA wants to show early sneak preview on how bad the Lakers get spanked by the Warriors.
                  Yeah Warriors have no rivals anymore. It's Golden State high atop, and then Los Angeles Houston Toronto Boston Philly in a mish mash
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I could see the following:

Warriors/Rockets
                    Celtics/76ers
                    Wizards/Knicks
                    Lakers/Raptors
                    Thunder/Pacers

Raptors would have to face a team like LA, Boston or NY to get a game. They won't play against SA. The ratings would be brutal.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Yeah Warriors have no rivals anymore. It's Golden State high atop, and then Los Angeles Houston Toronto Boston Philly in a mish mash
                      Not rivals yet. Still crazy shit with superteams can still happen and Curry hasn't been exactly durable in the last few seasons.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Raptors are still bad for ratings. I doubt we'll get Christmas.. unless we're playing a team like Boston or NY.
                        I don't think the Raptors will ever get a Xmas game. Its all about money and Americans want to watch American teams. The Raptors couldn't get on national TV for most of the playoffs.

Comment

I could see the following:

Warriors/Rockets
                          Celtics/76ers
                          Wizards/Knicks
                          Lakers/Raptors
                          Thunder/Pacers

Raptors would have to face a team like LA, Boston or NY to get a game. They won't play against SA. The ratings would be brutal.
                          Fine Madison Square Garden would be cool. New York is an up and coming team and with Leonard playing it bound to make some buzz.

Comment

• This is ridiculous.. but I like the idea of facing GSW.

Lowry/Kawhi/OG/Siakam/JV against Curry/Klay/KD/Green/Cousins.

I could see us winning a game, maybe two if we're lucky. Hell Houston won 3.

Comment

I could see the following:

Warriors/Rockets
                              Celtics/76ers
                              Wizards/Knicks
                              Lakers/Raptors
                              Thunder/Pacers

I doubt the Raps get a game, but if they do, I agree it would most likely be Boston or NY (with an outside shot at a big Western team). Have one of the first two games in the day against Boston or NY, when the West coast might still be waking up/unwrapping gifts. Basically, it would have to be before or after a game featuring another big Eastern market to either lead into that game or follow it up to try and maximize the East coast audience.

Comment

• Unlike most, I couldn't care less about a Christmas game. In fact, I don't want one at all.
                                Leave Christmas for famillies, including for the players and those that have to work at the arenas.
                                Let's get our team validation in the playoffs, not through meaningless U.S. affirmation....

Comment

Working...
                                X