This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I feel like there's one more move coming.
    Yeah, they have an incredible amount of wing depth and limited big depth. Wouldn't be surprised at all with a roster balancing move. Could also just be a Bebe signing, but I think they'd go for something a little more proven.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• With a lack of clarity regarding Leonard’s true value, the Celtics and Sixers weren’t willing to go all in, the Lakers weren’t biting, and any other team with reported interest—Clippers, Suns, Blazers, Nuggets—didn’t offer enough to outbid the Raptors. Multiple league executives say the Spurs were prioritizing scoring in all prospective trade packages for Leonard, not picks or unproven players.
      https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7...-raptors-trade

Comment

• Former Raptors beat writer turned columnist Bruce Arthur said on the “Back To Back” podcast that Leonard not only doesn’t want to stay in Toronto but has been reaching out to stars to link up with in 2019. And Arthur suggested the Lakers aren’t his only landing spot, but Brooklyn could well be on that shortlist.
        https://nypost.com/2018/07/18/kawhi-...am-about-2019/

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• One note here that I've been thinking about, with regards to Lowry:

People have been saying "Lowry wanted to leave Toronto to go to San Antonio as a free agent!"

Don't you think Kawhi was part of the reason for that? He was willing to leave DeMar to go play with Kawhi. Instead, DeMar left so he can play with Kawhi.

Lowry might be more okay with this than we think.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                One note here that I've been thinking about, with regards to Lowry:

People have been saying "Lowry wanted to leave Toronto to go to San Antonio as a free agent!"

Don't you think Kawhi was part of the reason for that? He was willing to leave DeMar to go play with Kawhi. Instead, DeMar left so he can play with Kawhi.

Lowry might be more okay with this than we think.
                I don't see any reason to think Lowry would not be OK with this. He's in this to win.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If he hates the cold as much as some reports suggest, hes not going to NY, especially the Nets lol, that is less likely than him staying in Toronto.

Comment

• Coincidence?

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Jul 19, 2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, they have an incredible amount of wing depth and limited big depth. Wouldn't be surprised at all with a roster balancing move. Could also just be a Bebe signing, but I think they'd go for something a little more proven.
                      Bebe seems like the most realistic option outside of a trade.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Great trade but, Raps are back to over paying free agents. Players wont forget what we did to the best player in franchise history. That includes Kawhi as well. Basketball wise great trade but, the perception of the raps has to changed.
                        Back? When have we ever not had to overpay for free agents? We overpaid for both Derozan and Lowry, overpaid for Carroll, overpaid for Turkoglu, the list goes on and on.

Why are people pretending like we were some desired free agent destination and we just ruined it?

The only bad thing we did to Derozan was lead him to believe he wasn't going to be traded, which is probably what they thought at that time. Then all of a sudden SA decides to play ball and we make the move, immediately informing Derozan. We also sent him to the best coach in NBA history on a near max contract. Every player in the NBA would like to get "stabbed in the back" like that.

Comment

• Looks like NYpost totally took this out of context and put a spin on it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            If he hates the cold as much as some reports suggest, hes not going to NY, especially the Nets lol, that is less likely than him staying in Toronto.
                            Toronto is quite a bit colder than New York, as much as we like to say it's the same thing. Yeah, they get winter. Canada gets WINTER
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                              Looks like NYpost totally took this out of context and put a spin on it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                              Kawhi hates the cold, so naturally he wants to live in tropical Brooklyn, New York. It all adds up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Toronto is quite a bit colder than New York, as much as we like to say it's the same thing. Yeah, they get winter. Canada gets WINTER
                                Cold is still cold. Toronto had a terrible winter this year, isn’t usually that bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X