This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    the thing about Toronto. Our winters are longer too. This year I'm not even sure we had real spring.
    Same with calgary it finished melting in may and skipped to shorts weather lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Two other questions.

It's the trade deadline and the Clippers offer up SGA, Gallinari & 1st round pick(the Clippers find it somewhere), do you bite on that? If you call the Lakers and tell them you're doing that, does that leverage a good offer out of the Lakers?

I'm thinking that this is a unique situations to be in. I can't think of any player who ever said they're only willing to play in one city. I sure as hell know it's not happened in a city that has TWO teams. Masai has an opportunity here to play the Clippers and Lakers against each other. No one thought it was possible the Raptors would land Leonard. No one considers the Clippers an option for Leonard. Leonard said LA, not the Lakers.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Why are they still debating about whether he will play? When they do debate why do they never mention the consequences which would prevent him from getting paid or going anywhere?
        Because these so called "experts" are uninformed.

Comment

Why are they still debating about whether he will play? When they do debate why do they never mention the consequences which would prevent him from getting paid or going anywhere?
          Because they have zero knowledge about that kinda stuff, especially Skip and Shannon, they’re there to debate and make it as entertaining as possible.

Comment

Two other questions.

It's the trade deadline and the Clippers offer up SGA, Gallinari & 1st round pick(the Clippers find it somewhere), do you bite on that? If you call the Lakers and tell them you're doing that, does that leverage a good offer out of the Lakers?

I'm thinking that this is a unique situations to be in. I can't think of any player who ever said they're only willing to play in one city. I sure as hell know it's not happened in a city that has TWO teams. Masai has an opportunity here to play the Clippers and Lakers against each other. No one thought it was possible the Raptors would land Leonard. No one considers the Clippers an option for Leonard. Leonard said LA, not the Lakers.
            If we want to get technical, Leonard hasn't said anything, really. We're hearing his thoughts through 3rd party interpretations.

Comment

Cuz NBA news media fucking hates Canada and the Raptors. Typical stupid Americans...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                If we want to get technical, Leonard hasn't said anything, really. We're hearing his thoughts through 3rd party interpretations.
                That's not as fun...

Just think about the story line: Masai leverages a king's ransom out of the Lakers on the eve of sending him to the Clippers; landing a far larger return than the Spurs and screwing the Spurs by sending him to a place they tried to avoid.

If Kawhi is a Clipper, he's not turning down $50 extra million to go play in a different colored uniform in the same city.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Toronto is not like the rest of Canada when it comes to Winters. Spend the winter in Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg etc. then and say that. Lol

Not to mention that the average difference between Toronto and New York/Boston/Phily in the middle of Winter is max a couple of degrees. Minnesota has it the worst.
                  Toronto's winter is a joke compared to Calgary or Edmonton's for example.

Comment

Two other questions.

Why would we trade Kawhi when we're 40-5?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Toronto's winter is a joke compared to Calgary or Edmonton's for example.
                      Calgary is actually quite nice. They get chinooks. Look it up. Kawhi probably doesn't care about whether Toronto is the coldest place in Canada though.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Why would we trade Kawhi when we're 40-5?
                        In this scenario he's made it clear he won't change his mind about LA. It's happening no matter what.

Comment

Calgary is actually quite nice. They get chinooks. Look it up. Kawhi probably doesn't care about whether Toronto is the coldest place in Canada though.
                          Yeah it's like discussing the tallest in a group of midgets

Comment

• I don't even know what winter looks like. It's all white right?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

In this scenario he's made it clear he won't change his mind about LA. It's happening no matter what.
                              Wed like to resign him sure, but Raptors acquired him knowing the most likely scenario is hes a rental and did it anyway. Rationale being if you're going for it, youd rather take your chances with 1 year of Kawhi over 2 or 3 years of Derozan.

I don't see any logic to trading Kawhi if it's working, even if he says in public hes gone after playoffs. Itd still he full steam ahead into the post season that hes playing for us

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Wed like to resign him sure, but Raptors acquired him knowing the most likely scenario is hes a rental and did it anyway. Rationale being if you're going for it, youd rather take your chances with 1 year of Kawhi over 2 or 3 years of Derozan.

I don't see any logic to trading Kawhi if it's working, even if he says in public hes gone after playoffs. Itd still he full steam ahead into the post season that hes playing for us
                                We really don't know what Masai has cooking for sure. He could be angling to extort the Lakers via the Clippers. It's possible and it's stone cold.

Consider chemistry. If he's out no matter what, is he going to give it his all? What will the players in the locker room think? This affects everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X